08 February 2013 – Newbie Friday Morning Drive

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Thank you all for the very nice drive reports and feedbacks. We couldn’t join this drive, but could figure out the whole event from your detailed reports and pictures :thanks:

Ofcourse, it was a great line up of around 21 cars in a single convoy with our topnotch marshals in action!!! Very happy to note the newbie convoy could make to the top of saddle point :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 🙂 🙂 🙂 Good work, keep it up :-BD :-BD :-BD

Happy to note many new faces and cars in pictures. Look forward to see you all at sands, very soon :-w :-w :-w :drive: :drive: :drive:

February 10, 2013 at 4:20 pm #23135

Hi all!

Apologies for not being able to post a report earlier… was stuck with work.

I had been waiting very eagerly the whole week for the 8th to roll around to hit the dunes, and was definitely not disappointed! I couldn’t have asked for a better day to experience the desert. Clear skies and pleasant weather! it was a thrill to meet so many like minded individuals, beginners and experts alike, at our starting point.

Our convoy of 20 odd cars must have been quite a sight on the highway!

Kudos to the Marshals for their organization. The way they were able to set up a convoy for our huge group in an instant is only proof of their experience. Luckily I was fifth in line in the convoy and was able to witness a master class in sand driving from Thanseer in the lead with his Pajero! Being a Pajero owner myself, my pride in my ride has only increased!

Right from the thrilling descent down Fossil rock, to the climbs and everything else in between, the route offered a lot for newer drivers like me. I did manage to get bogged down a couple of times, but nothing too severe, as with a few tips from the veteran drivers, I was able to self recover.

To sum it up, an amazing day, an amazing route – an amazing experience! Can’t wait for next week!

February 10, 2013 at 8:28 pm #23145

Wooooow…. What a line up for the morning drive….. 22 Cars…

First of all my sincere thanks to all the participants for joining this wonderful drive and successfully completing it even we chose the track above the learner level.

All the participants reach at the meeting point on time except the lead due to some health issues. But our own Khalil took in charge to lead the convoy to the meeting point on scheduled time and the lead joined with them at the starting point. All the initial briefing and guidance given at the meeting point by our Chairman Ahmed Pervez and Khalil, therefore we could start the drive immediately after the deflation.

I am sorry for David to returning him from starting point due to some mechanical issue with his Jeep. He brought his Jeep this time instead of Fortuner. This is JEEP thing nobody can understand.

We decided to keep all the cars in a single convoy and we planned the convoy in such a manner. We divided the responsibility to oversee the convoy among Firoz, Musbah, Khalil and Ahmed Bhai which they fulfilled without any laps. We never felt that the convoy was not moving or slow or something like that. Being a learner trip the first section was measuring the participants where everybody performed beyond the expectation. So I decided to take them through the Devils Plunge, I think everybody enjoyed it. After that we drove through small dunes to get tuned for the next level. In this stretch we had a small mechanical issue with one of our participant car then we decided to drive him back to the tarmac through the track. Ahmed Bhai aborted the drive and lead him to the nearest exit and return to the end point and waited for the convoy to reach there.

So here is the game started. Being a Learner Drive some of the participants was facing difficulty to cope with the terrain. However they made it. After carefully chosen track everybody could make it top of the saddle point except four participants due to one pop out with one of them. It was a very pleasure moment to see the smiling face of the participant who could reach the top of saddle Point. I could see that in their face, that they look like achieved something. Due to short of time to attend the Jumaa Prayer some members left to tarmac and the rest wait for the pop out fixing team. Once they fix the pop out, Khalil decided to take them through the track to the tarmac. Once we saw them passing below the Saddle Point we decided to drive down and exit to the tarmac.

Overall it was a wonderful drive. Everybody drove well and maintained well convoy discipline. I enjoyed it thoroughly and hope you all did so.

Once again Thank you all for joining this drive and special thanks to Ahmed Bhai, Khalil, Musbah and Firoz for your support.

See you all for the next one…..

February 11, 2013 at 5:33 am #23148
    quote Desert King:

First of all my sincere thanks to all the participants for joining this wonderful drive and successfully completing it even we chose the track above the learner level.

All the participants reach at the meeting point on time except the lead due to some health issues. But our own Khalil took in charge to lead the convoy to the meeting point on scheduled time and the lead joined with them at the starting point. All the initial briefing and guidance given at the meeting point by our Chairman Ahmed Pervez and Khalil, therefore we could start the drive immediately after the deflation.

I am sorry for David to returning him from starting point due to some mechanical issue with his Jeep. He brought his Jeep this time instead of Fortuner. This is JEEP thing nobody can understand.

We decided to keep all the cars in a single convoy and we planned the convoy in such a manner. We divided the responsibility to oversee the convoy among Firoz, Musbah, Khalil and Ahmed Bhai which they fulfilled without any laps. We never felt that the convoy was not moving or slow or something like that. Being a learner trip the first section was measuring the participants where everybody performed beyond the expectation. So I decided to take them through the Devils Plunge, I think everybody enjoyed it. After that we drove through small dunes to get tuned for the next level. In this stretch we had a small mechanical issue with one of our participant car then we decided to drive him back to the tarmac through the track. Ahmed Bhai aborted the drive and lead him to the nearest exit and return to the end point and waited for the convoy to reach there.

So here is the game started. Being a Learner Drive some of the participants was facing difficulty to cope with the terrain. However they made it. After carefully chosen track everybody could make it top of the saddle point except four participants due to one pop out with one of them. It was a very pleasure moment to see the smiling face of the participant who could reach the top of saddle Point. I could see that in their face, that they look like achieved something. Due to short of time to attend the Jumaa Prayer some members left to tarmac and the rest wait for the pop out fixing team. Once they fix the pop out, Khalil decided to take them through the track to the tarmac. Once we saw them passing below the Saddle Point we decided to drive down and exit to the tarmac.

Overall it was a wonderful drive. Everybody drove well and maintained well convoy discipline. I enjoyed it thoroughly and hope you all did so.

Once again Thank you all for joining this drive and special thanks to Ahmed Bhai, Khalil, Musbah and Firoz for your support.

Sir first of all thanks to you and for the wonderful drive :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: even though you made it after not keeping well..

February 11, 2013 at 6:54 am #23165

Thank you Desert King, Ahmed Bhai, Khalil, Musbah and Firoz for your support and your genuine kindness. You all were more than amazing.

The track exceeded my expectation and i might underestimate to say that the drive doubled our experience at once.

February 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm #23232
    quote Desert King:

————————————————————————

Thanseer sb : Am sure each one of my fellow drivers would have difficulty in finding the exact words to convey our sincere thanks for the wonderful learning experience and fun that you and the other seniors provided us. The drive was memorable one. We appreciate your commitment to lead us inspite of your ill health. God speed your recovery. look forward to catch up with you this week too along with OPTIMUS PRIME. rgds SUNDAR

February 12, 2013 at 3:57 am #23233

Here we go…..
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151419309192356&type=1

February 12, 2013 at 10:37 am #23249

i love the photos :ymapplause:

Thank you for sharing

February 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm #23266

Thanseer sb: Thanks and this link only made our maiden trip even more memorable one to relish in the future. :thanks:

February 12, 2013 at 6:22 pm #23268

Well Done… Perfect Shots :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

sorry for the delay in uploading the Video

[media]http://youtu.be/7dHrLOOEExs[/media]

February 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm #23332

Thanks Mr.Musbah for sharing this video. :ymblushing: 😀

February 15, 2013 at 3:56 am #23341

Great job Musbah :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.