24 August 2012 – Marathon Drive

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

I’ll second you on that Thanseer, however skill and the level at which you drive are something else!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    It was amazing to see you zip along. Thanks to Dune Rider and his friend. :thanks: Figured I need to add heavy duty wires to my kit and spare fuses, which are in now.
    It was a great drive, especially seeing everyone despite the stucks and the issues still having a positive spirit. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

August 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm #18549

Salaam and good evening to all
    After we all met for 1st leg of the trip . The drive was fast and nice
    We got to al fayah fast, and after a short break we cont. toward badayer. We has some small heck up which made us reach little later the expecteD time.
    We had 30min. Rest and started the 2nd leg. It was an honer meeting our founder mr. Ahmed and mr. Irfan.
    We went through nice area and had somE chalanging places.
    We did have some stucks and heckups.
    Over all it was a nice trip in a nice area.
    The only down side was, that we did not make it the 3 leg of mr. Khalil ‘s trip , sorry frind , next time.
    We finished at shaib pitrol station by 4pm.
    Thank u all for the trip. And c u all on the sand soon.

August 26, 2012 at 11:46 am #18554

First of all my sincere thanks to all the participants (Phase I & Phase II) for joining this extraordinary drive which was not possible to complete without fitness of the vehicle as well as the driver. Such drives can complete only the real Offroaders with sportsman spirit.

Little bit about the drive;

Phase I

Thanseer (Lead), Saif, Chris, Krishnan, Amjed, Andy & Abdulla (Sweep)

As scheduled we met at the Emarat Petrol station at 05:45AM and 06:00AM move towards the starting point. The drive started at 06:30AM. God was so impressed with us so he was pouring holy sand to us how the holy water pouring in holy places. With the grace of God we completed the Phase I without any major issues. The drive pace was set to the fast level to cover the long distance. Due to the summer heat, less activities in the desert and new sand formation due to the ongoing wind the drive was a little bit challenging. Everywhere new dunes with sharp ridges even in the middle of the track which made more challenge to some of our participants.

When we reached Al Faya, there was a sand movie playing on the slope face of the Faya climb. That was an amazing scene to watch it. The sand was moving like how the artist’s paint brush moves on the canvas. So we watched that movie for ten minutes then headed towards our destination. To avoid boring of the track drive I was leading them on cross cutting of the track which made little spices to the drive.

Until crossing the pink rock we were up to our schedule. After crossing pink rock we had a small stuck up but in a dangerous position. We recovered him safely with the help of our Super Man – Dune Rider – and his navigator. Everybody was ready to start the convoy but, again, the same car, same driver, same place, same position got stuck. After we recover him, we headed to Badayer where Ahmed Bhai with Irfan, Ganesh and Gerry were waiting for us for the Phase II.

Phase II

Thanseer (Lead), Ahmed with Irfan, Saif, Gerry, Amjed, Ganesh and Abdulla (Sweep)

We started Phase II after a short break so we could refill our enduring energy. The drive was planned for tricky areas and most of the area we were driving in first time. As Ganesh penned his report in details, there is nothing more than that to add. Most of the areas the sand was so soft and God was continually pouring the sand to his worshippers which added more challenge to this drive.

Hats off to Irfan bringing his brand new LX 570 to this challenging terrain. Until we had a problem with Gerry’s car the drive was in full pace. To fix the problem in Gerry’s car we spent more than one hour and getting out my car from a small bowl interrupted our set pace and we fell behind our schedule. Again our superman – Dune Rider – appeared in both situations. Once again Thanks a ton to Abdulla for the support. Then we decided to exit Shwaib which was near to us instead of Al Faqa. By 04:00PM we reached Adnoc Petrol Station in Shwaib and filled the tank and returned to the home.

You can count this drive as a small preparation for LIWA. The difficulties which you had faced were less than 25% of the Liwa terrain.

Thank you all for joining this drive and continuously spending 9 hours in the desert with your sportsman spirit. It made this a wonderful drive which everybody did beyond the expectation. This drive will remain as a memorable and eventful drive in Dubai Offroaders history.

August 26, 2012 at 8:05 pm #18557

Thanks Thanseer & fellow compadres (especially those that started at 6am & did phase 1&2) for indeed a Marathon adventure.

Must say even though we’ve missed Thanseer on the dunes for some time, but he hasnt lost his touch & managed to come up with a fast paced, challenging & thouroughly enjoyable drive on mostly well understood terrain/area’s.

High-light of the trip has to be the way sand was hurling up & down saddle point. it truely was a breath-taking sight.

Also, special salutation to Mr Abdullah for his endless energy & patience in the sweeping role.

Would suggest more innovative & challending drives like this in the weeks to come.

:thanks:

Saif
    +971529229808

August 27, 2012 at 7:20 am #18576
    quote Tushar:

quote Saif:

Thanks Thanseer & fellow compadres (especially those that started at 6am & did phase 1&2) for indeed a Marathon adventure.

Must say even though we’ve missed Thanseer on the dunes for some time, but he hasnt lost his touch & managed to come up with a fast paced, challenging & thouroughly enjoyable drive on mostly well understood terrain/area’s.

High-light of the trip has to be the way sand was hurling up & down saddle point. it truely was a breath-taking sight.

Also, special salutation to Mr Abdullah for his endless energy & patience in the sweeping role.

Would suggest more innovative & challending drives like this in the weeks to come.

Looks like we missed out on some awesome fun #-o

Yess Tushar, You really missed it… 🙁 The drive was a kind of your taste…

August 27, 2012 at 7:24 am #18577
    quote Desert King:

quote Tushar:

Yess Tushar, You really missed it… 🙁

Me too Tushar, missed this fun 🙁 Lets plan a good drive as compensation…. 😀

August 27, 2012 at 7:32 am #18579
    quote GKumar:

quote Desert King:

quote Tushar:

Yess Tushar, You really missed it… 🙁

Me too Tushar, missed this fun 🙁 Lets plan a good drive as compensation…. 😀

Why not… This season let us fill the desert with Dubai Offroaders Trip…. 🙂

August 27, 2012 at 7:36 am #18580
    quote Desert King:

Why not… This season let us fill the desert with Dubai Offroaders Trip…. 🙂

For sure………….. Thanseer :ymblushing: And its amazing to have you back in full action… with a blast ! ! ! :-BD :-BD :-BD

August 27, 2012 at 7:40 am #18581

guys,

Lets redo it again and again from Thursday Night till Friday Night..

August 27, 2012 at 7:46 am #18582
    quote khshareef:

guys,

Lets redo it again and again from Thursday Night till Friday Night..

If you want to redo this drive from Thursday night to Friday night I will take out your all the stars… 😉 :)) This drive we planned for only 6 hours… :ymdevil:

August 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm #18595

Irfan Bhai is a very senior off Roader and a Marshal with the Gulf News for ages now…He is also the National Services Manager for Al Futtaim Toyota.
    This is why we were driving…that brand new LX-570….which is a Company Car…out for a sand test…and a taste of Sand…she did have!!!

August 27, 2012 at 6:49 pm #18598

ahmed bhai, my general understanding is lexus is not suitable for sand unlike nissan land cruiser is it so? Can u share something about Lexus based on ur exp..

August 28, 2012 at 8:25 am #18616
    quote khshareef:

ahmed bhai, my general understanding is lexus is not suitable for sand unlike nissan land cruiser is it so? Can u share something about Lexus based on ur exp..

There is actually nothing wrong with the Car, it has just been designed to be a top notch Luxurious vehicle for urban use…which it does very well.
    The Lexus has all the Gizmos that one could think of….and a few that one may not even think of !!!
    The build quality is impeccable and the Car cruises on the highway without even a whisper…
    It has just been designed to be as safe as possible by the use of electronics…RSCA, ATC, SRS, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane departure warning system, Traction Control, Tire pressure warning System, ABS, EBD…the list just goes on and on….
    The obvious fact of the matter is that the designers never knew about Dubai Offroaders…and the fact that we may one day decide to take one of these into the Soft Sands of Area 53…and so they never provided any switches to turn these systems off…
    The result is a Car that is trying to keep you safe…when one is trying to do something dangerous…by just refusing to move in unstable situations….

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.