!4th Feb, Trip to Ghost town, Inter-Fewbie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Wife and I would be in for the BBQ.

February 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm #29019
    quote Steve Tribble:

Wife and I would be in for the BBQ.

Hi Steve have noted the interest :drive: Lets see how many more we get.

February 11, 2014 at 1:49 pm #29020

I hope so but it depends when I get my car. Should get it on Thursday but I think I will have to wait until the next one.

February 13, 2014 at 1:47 pm #29043

Hi – I’ve only done a single drive but would like to come along – would that be OK?

February 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm #29044
    quote Choxy:

Hi – I’ve only done a single drive but would like to come along – would that be OK?

you are welcome.

February 13, 2014 at 8:00 pm #29046

Hi guys, I’ve registered too. I’ve done 3 drives before, the last one being the amazing trip to Liwa. I hope it’s ok…

February 13, 2014 at 8:04 pm #29047
    quote Artur Loza:

Hi guys, I’ve registered too. I’ve done 3 drives before, the last one being the amazing trip to Liwa. I hope it’s ok…

Hi Artur, we will more than likely be several Lead Marshall’s available to allow convoys of different abilities to enjoy the afternoon

February 14, 2014 at 5:41 am #29048

Sorry for the late entry, it seems that I may be able to join :yesss:

February 14, 2014 at 6:57 pm #29049

Great trip guys! A big thank you to all the marshals. Photos videos are coming you’re way soon

February 15, 2014 at 12:55 am #29051

Yesterdays trip made me realise that it would be a mistake to sell my Jeep. That should say something about the drive, right?

February 15, 2014 at 8:12 am #29052

Many thanks for everyone especially to Brian for organising it and Humayun and Firoz for keeping eye on us while we are trying to climb that dune…

February 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm #29054

Heres a short video of yesterdays drive !
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPbR9G3bew[/media]

February 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm #29056
    quote yohanbaria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPbR9G3bew

Very nice video Bro!!

Thanks for sharing with all of us!!! :yesss: :yesss:

Hope to catch up with you all soon!! B-)

February 15, 2014 at 7:49 pm #29057
    quote mistermud:

quote yohanbaria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPbR9G3bew

Very nice video Bro!!

Thanks for sharing with all of us!!! :yesss: :yesss:

Hope to catch up with you all soon!! B-)

Thank you ! It was taking too long to upload the full thing so uploaded the smallest one.

Anonymous
    February 16, 2014 at 5:35 am #29058

First of all.. :thanks: to Brian and all the Marshals for the wonderful :drive: on Friday.

The fewbie drive had started at a slow pace while we all settled in. After a while the pace was then increased and thats when I got bellied on the crest with my LWB F150 8-}

Quick recovery by Sanjay and went for the successful second try. #:-s

After that was a short breifing. I was the last car in the convoy :(( but after the breifing, Humayun and Sanjay made sweet music to my ears by saying “Let’s move the F150 to position # 4” :ymparty: :yesss: ๐Ÿ˜€

We moved on from there and went at a faster pace. A lot of side cresting. This drive really boosted my confidence as I was always nervous with side cresting. after 2 – 3 side crestings…. It felt like driving on a straight track.

As the drive name mentions, we were unable to make it to Ghost town due to time.

Eventhough we did not make it to Ghost Town, we got to experience a POP OUT (Courtesy Salman) :ymapplause: and even learnt how to fix the pop out.

Humayun, Sanjay (sorry I cannot recollect the name of the other 2 marshals on this trip) ๐Ÿ™ … Waiting for a trip to Ghost town this weekend… really want to see what the Ghost Town is all about… as the name sounds very tempting…. =p~

Have a great and safe week ahead.

See you all soon. :ymparty:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.