ALL LEVEL DRIVE FRIDAY, 02 Sep 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the ride everyone. ChrisEid – Omar.Alaywan and I enjoyed the outting a lot.

Erick (Dark Grey modified FJ Cruiser)

September 4, 2016 at 5:21 am #36393
    quote edeg1972:

Challenging drive :drive: yesterday with the intermediate convoy,

As we said, sometimes you get a handful of challenges along the way, while other times it is just plain sailing.

One of this days when u can not understand what’s going wrong, But with such responsible bunch of fellows i was no panicking ๐Ÿ˜‰ I still got lots of positive memories!
    Sorry guys that i swope between convois at the end, i know that we were close to the finish and made a decision to stay and talk with fellows from other DO convoi.
    See you all soon! :ymhug:

September 4, 2016 at 11:45 am #36399
    quote edeg1972:

Challenging drive :drive: yesterday with the intermediate convoy, led by Duncan, and swept by Simon.

We had 2 pop-outs (including my Jeep the first time :ymparty: and our lead Marshal Duncan’s Jeep), we needed to change a tire on an FJ because of a screw in it. Few stucks and recoveries (OK, a bit more than just a few ๐Ÿ˜€ ), a power loss on an FJ … but immense fun inbetween.

Thanks to Francis’ complete recovery shop on his F150 :thanks: and for all members who supported me and other members who faced problems. :thanks:
    As we said, sometimes you get a handful of challenges along the way, while other times it is just plain sailing.

Thanks @edeg1972 you said it all ๐Ÿ™‚ Actually I didn’t feel much challenging though with my V8 and my F150 was just floating on the tracks :drive:

Thanks @DuncanField for leading the convoy. Its quiet exciting to drive with you. :thanks:

Also thanks to @Rocklad for sweeping and making sure everyone was safe and no one is left behind. Also thanks to all members in the Inter Convoy. :thanks:

Next Time!

Peace!

September 4, 2016 at 5:18 pm #36406

The newbie convoy had its joys and pains last week too. It sounds like it was an interesting day for all of us. We had 14 cars in our convoy of which several were on the sand for the first time. Marshal Baher did a great job of leading us through the very tight and technical dunes. We had several stucks along the way but considering the size of the convoy and the newness of some of the drivers, we still managed to cover good ground. By the end of the drive everyone had found their rhythm and some of the newer folks had gained significant confidence in the sand.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again this week!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.