Camping – Wadi Bih (19th-20th Dec)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Trip Desc :
    Wadi Bih is located in Oman and the route goes through Wadis and Mountains having spectacular views. The route rises to 1000m at the highest point. In this trip we will be able to see some nice mountains, wadis and the sea. Although this route takes you from RAK to Dibba on the east coast but we could only attempt it from Dibba side due to border restrictions on Dibba side.

Trip Date: 26th – 27th Dec 2008 (People can extend by one night if they wish to)
    A MUST: Passport of all members participating, though we don’t need to get a visa. Passport is only required to enter into Omani territory.
    Terrain: Mountains, Wadis and Coastal
    Activities: Camping, Hiking, Driving :drive:
    Who Can Participate: I’m taking my family (my wife and 3 kids – 3yrs, 6yrs, 11 yrs) therefore hope that more families will join in, but its not a restriction 🙂 .
    No. of Participants: First 12 Vehicles registered will go (if the response is overwhelming then we’ll have another run in Jan 2009)
    Total Drive: 400 km appr.
    Vehicles: With high clearance recommended. Saloon car can do this trip but I’ll not recommend that.
    Equipment Required: Vehicle in good shape 🙂 , Camping gear (I’ll post a separate list for this)
    What to Expect: A Nice Dive, A Wonderful Night at the Camp, An Amazing Bonfire, A Nice Hike
    Meeting Time and Meeting Point: I’ll post later in the final plan

Please keep adding your name/nick, contact number and no. of participants in the following list.

1- Adeel/Wrangler, 050-4576897, 3 adults n 3 kids
    2- Nabeel (Adeel’s bro), , 2 adults n 2 kids

December 10, 2008 at 8:52 am #8788

i wont be having my passport either labour card.. since im switching my job… if an illigal person can join with you guys den im in… ;;)

December 10, 2008 at 8:58 am #8789
    quote Desert Dragon:

i wont be having my passport either labour card.. since im switching my job… if an illigal person can join with you guys den im in… ;;)

a lot of people cross into UAE from the mountains and a few were lost forever :ymdevil: 😕 so lets wait for ur passport and will take u in the second run. 🙂

December 10, 2008 at 9:10 am #8790
    quote wrangler:

quote Desert Dragon:

a lot of people cross into UAE from the mountains and a few were lost forever :ymdevil: 😕 so lets wait for ur passport and will take u in the second run. 🙂

sure boss.. ;;)

December 10, 2008 at 9:23 am #8792
    quote Desert Dragon:

quote wrangler:

quote Desert Dragon:

sure boss.. ;;)

:yesss: I’m in! 🙂

December 10, 2008 at 12:03 pm #8795

Adeel bhai..

I was talking to a friend of mine who was planned to go to wadi b on 2nd december, they couldn’t make it ,b’coz the road is closed from the dibba’s side, there was a land side and has blocked the road, you would not be able to drive more than 5kms after six sences hotel!, hence you need to find any other route…

Good luck..

December 10, 2008 at 2:55 pm #8797
    quote Desert Dragon:

Adeel bhai..

I was talking to a friend of mine who was planned to go to wadi b on 2nd december, they couldn’t make it ,b’coz the road is closed from the dibba’s side, there was a land side and has blocked the road, you would not be able to drive more than 5kms after six sences hotel!, hence you need to find any other route…

Good luck..

I’ll try to get more info. I would request if anyone has visited the area lately, please update us.

December 11, 2008 at 6:03 am #8800

Hello guys,
    I confirmed about the road to Wadi bih and it is open. So v r on for this trip.

Adeel

December 11, 2008 at 6:38 am #8801

I would like to join, but will need to confirm closer to the drive date.

December 11, 2008 at 7:21 am #8806

adeel bhai..

is there any possibility to prepond the trip to 19th of dec. then i can join ..

If its possible please count me in and one more car..

December 11, 2008 at 7:41 am #8808

1- Adeel/Wrangler, 050-4576897, 3 adults n 3 kids
    2- Nabeel (Adeel’s bro), , 2 adults n 2 kids
    3- Ahmed Pervez, 050-6534953, ? (to be confirmed closer to the date)
    4- Jessil/DesertDragon, ?, ? (if v go on friday the 19th – Jessil, I’ll update u on this in a day or so)
    5- Manju (if v go on friday the 19th)
    6. Suri (If v goon friday 19th)

December 11, 2008 at 10:25 am #8811

we are coming too..

December 11, 2008 at 11:24 am #8815
    quote panjuman:

we are coming too..

Please put details in the list provided. Thanks.

December 12, 2008 at 7:24 am #8829

I think we are Jessil’s Friend (I guess) and we would prefer the 19th

PS I don’t know how to edit the list you have running

December 12, 2008 at 7:28 am #8831

edited……. d post.. by adding manju’s name and suri’s name..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.