Coffee with Roshan – Friday mornings

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • Author

Link given on the homepage and thread stickied. Thanks Roshan.

November 7, 2008 at 10:09 am #8378

Final Participant List:

01 Roshan, FJ Cruiser
    02 Imran, FJ Cruiser
    03 Surender (Imran’s friend), FJ Cruiser
    04 Rupesh, Prado
    05 Lancel, Tahoe
    06 Shan, Pajero
    07 Navin, Fortuner
    08 Abhijeet, Jeep Commander

Highlights:

Crest recovery x2 – Tahoe, Pajero
    Jeep Commander gets stuck recovering Pajero; Pajero recovered by Imran FJ; Two FJs get stuck recovering Jeep Commander. Finally, last FJ recovers other two.

Popout x1 – Pajero
    Fantastic recovery effort by Suren, Imran, Rupesh, Roshan & Gang. Jacking board breaks while changing tyre and car falls forward, resting on disc/rotor; second jack used to jack-up car and change tyre.

Tyre Ripped x1 – Jeep Commander
    While exiting via Big Red, metal stake in the ground rips Jeep Commander tyre to shreds.

WARNING
    There are metal rods planted in the ground, about 8ft away from the fence all around Big Red – we saw some guy planting more rods and tieing them off with red warning tape. The rods are topped with little red plastic flags to improve visibility, nonetheless, in some places the gap between them is narrow enough to make safe crossing difficult.

Many thanks to the senior members who made it possible to even enjoy the recoveries!

Hopefully, we’ll have some pix posted soon.

Cheers!

November 8, 2008 at 3:38 am #8386

Great turn out, i was expecting 4 cars … and 8 turned up !! more the merrier :ymparty:

3 blue FJ’s leading a trail of tiny 4×4’s behind looked cool … FJ’s rocked. I think it was more than a newbie trip, Roshan introduced us to a nice mix of tracks, side slips, climbs and good sharp dunes to get the hangover of see-sawing.

Every trip is a learning session, rather than reading books and the WWW … its much nicer to have hands on experience coupled with the guidance of Mr Roshan.

Thank you once again for dedicating your time and effort to help us newbies build experience and confidence, next time … your coffee is on our account !!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

please post all your pics !!! i didnt have a camera this time ๐Ÿ™

November 8, 2008 at 5:57 am #8388

next week… whos gonna lead this trip????

November 8, 2008 at 9:12 am #8389

as per my last discussion with the Coffee boy, it will be me … wanna join Jessil?

i will lead, but i need someone infront of me to show me da way ๐Ÿ˜‰ you can have that opportunity if you really want :ymhug:

November 8, 2008 at 10:47 am #8390

coffee boy supposed to come with me to mussandam…

lets c wot drama he is gonna make dis tym….

November 9, 2008 at 10:58 am #8400
    quote Sahmed:

Jacking board breaks while changing tyre and car falls forward, resting on disc/rotor; second jack used to jack-up car and change tyre.

Rupesh was beneath the car just when the Jacking board borke !!! He just missed the weight of the car in a fraction of a sec !! Phew!!! #:-s

November 9, 2008 at 11:03 am #8402

——
    Rupesh was beneath the car just when the Jacking board borke !!! He just missed the weight of the car in a fraction of a sec !! Phew!!! #:-s
    ——

He wasn’t ‘beneath’ the car, he was digging out sand from under the rotor after the tire had been taken off.

His hand(s) would have been caught under the weight of the car. Lesson learnt: dig using a shovel or a board and be conscious of the car at all times.

If possible, use a second jack and/or place the spare under the body to prop it up in case the sand gives way.

November 9, 2008 at 12:28 pm #8404

ROSHAN IS COMING WITH US TO MUSANDAM

November 9, 2008 at 12:33 pm #8405

I need my dose of sand early Friday morning… I’m in.
    Start a list?

November 9, 2008 at 9:59 pm #8410

Since I’ve got some urgent work on Saturday, I won’t be able to able to sign up for the Musandam trip. So friday morning trip will continue as usual. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I will need a large amount of grace to convince uncle Jessil now ๐Ÿ™

November 10, 2008 at 3:17 am #8415
    quote roshanvi:

Since I’ve got some urgent work on Saturday, I won’t be able to able to sign up for the Musandam trip. So friday morning trip will continue as usual. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I will need a large amount of grace to convince uncle Jessil now ๐Ÿ™

This is not the first time okie… .. so this time no excuses…

November 10, 2008 at 3:54 am #8416

Jessil, we newbies need Roshan ๐Ÿ™‚ u dont ๐Ÿ™‚

November 10, 2008 at 7:54 am #8421

I’m 95% in for friday 5:30 am. Will have to confirm on thursday though.

November 10, 2008 at 12:42 pm #8428
    quote desert knight:

quote wrangler:

I’m 95% in for friday 5:30 am. Will have to confirm on thursday though.

adeel bhai where r the liwa snaps i have been waitting for them

Sorry Ali I’ve had no luck uploading onto the site. I can make CD ready if someone could do the upload for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.