Coffee with Roshan – Friday mornings

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    quote wrangler:

I’ll join

Welcome welcome Adeel Bhai… ready for some ‘saada chai’ & ‘omelette paratha’?
    Roshen’s treat…

January 8, 2009 at 11:47 am #9212

Roshan’s treat?

then im bringing some friends along ๐Ÿ˜›

see you guys there, take care n drive safe.

Anyone else joining? Late entries are accepted ๐Ÿ™‚

January 8, 2009 at 12:27 pm #9213

What would be the actual moving time ? :p

January 8, 2009 at 1:14 pm #9214

We’re usually done deflating by 6.15hrs…

January 8, 2009 at 3:27 pm #9216
    quote Sahmed:

quote wrangler:

I’ll join

Roshen’s treat…

so v r not suppose to bring anything?

January 8, 2009 at 8:24 pm #9219
    quote wrangler:

quote Sahmed:

quote wrangler:

I’ll join

Roshen’s treat…

so v r not suppose to bring anything?

We’ll be finished say by 8.30 – 8.45am. We stop over at Sakhi restaurent and have chai and breakfast. Only Chai my expense ๐Ÿ™‚

January 9, 2009 at 9:05 am #9221

Hi guys, Good trip. Learned some basic skills today. Also some good information about Pajero from Shan (white pajero). What happened to Chai Paratha treat?

Raj

January 9, 2009 at 10:14 am #9223

Hey Raj, you left in th wrong direction (towards Dubai) !!! i pulled up next to you (in the FJ) to ask and by the time you left after a brief chat with ‘wrangler’ :-/ we normally take a U-turn and head back in the other direction to fill air and fill our tummies at the restaurant. next time …. its the same chai n paratha everyday ๐Ÿ™‚

it was a good trip, yes i learned a lot too. changed my 1st tyre in the sand ๐Ÿ˜› sorry to delay you guys because of the pop-out :ymblushing:

Raj, fear not your car – It should fear you. Sometimes you’re a bit slow and momentum doesn’t get you to the top of the dune. you floor it at the top (just before loosing traction) and then you dig in, then i noticed u turn down too late and then the car gets stuck at a crazy angle. Try to floor it at the bottom itself so you have enough momentum to pull you across the top. dont worry, we were all like you at the beginning ๐Ÿ™‚ Ask Roshan. Drive straight back down and try again next time, you’ll master it within a few attempts. Get Roshan to drive your car next time, it helps to see it all from the passenger’s seat.

Shan did well, Lanson is learning a lot too i see … i see his self-recoveries are getting better by the day. Roshan, well nothing to say to him, thanks for letting my drive the FJ & hope you enjoyed my Prado … great chai and Mmmmm paratha. Thanks :ymapplause:

January 9, 2009 at 12:54 pm #9225

Umm.. Raj… I thought you were right behind me when I took the U turn… I even asked on the radio a couple of times why you weren’t following… (I know you didn’t have one, but Wrangler did).

I think you’ve lost a bit of confidence in your or your vehicle’s ability… a sour experience will do that to you.

Never fear – with a little more practice, you’ll do fine – just remember, you know your car best, so pamper it, don’t strain the engine, use your head, plan your gear shifts and gain momentum BEFORE you hit the soft patch – if you have enough momentum, you can sail through even in 3rd gear.
    Using torque to cross a soft patch just doesn’t work… your tread will dig in more than it will climb.

Till next Friday… :drive:

January 9, 2009 at 7:35 pm #9230

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

January 9, 2009 at 7:48 pm #9231

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

January 9, 2009 at 8:21 pm #9232

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

January 9, 2009 at 8:23 pm #9233

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

January 9, 2009 at 8:26 pm #9234

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

January 9, 2009 at 8:36 pm #9235

๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.