DO Fun Drive + Safari Camp on Friday, 23rd Jan 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

hi,

got fj back from workshop so now going

So for camp

Rocklad + 1

January 22, 2015 at 12:07 pm #31781

So How many do we have for the Safari Camp?
    Please add your names.

Rocklad + 1
    Vijay + 1
    Ahmad Pervez + 2

January 22, 2015 at 12:09 pm #31782
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

Please add your names.

Rocklad + 1
    Vijay + 1
    Ahmad Pervez + 2
    Baher

January 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm #31783

Please add your names.

Rocklad + 1
    Vijay + 1
    Ahmad Pervez + 2
    Baher
    Sajid + 1

January 22, 2015 at 12:21 pm #31784
    quote Rocklad:

hi,

got fj back from workshop so now going

So for camp

Rocklad + 1

Nice one Simon :-BD

January 22, 2015 at 5:24 pm #31789

Still room/time to sign up?

Signed up… Hope it’s ok… Unfortunately won’t be able to make it to camp

January 22, 2015 at 5:57 pm #31790

Was the course any good?. Did you get much out of it?[/quote]

Hi Ashraf. The course is good for a beginner. they start with a class room theory session . they covered the technical aspects of 4 wheel drives, basic rules for desert driving and survival techniques. They took us to Nazwa and showed how they drive and then hands on including recoveries. Overall it was good. They take 2 persons in one car and together costs 1100. for single it is 600.They exchange the driver a the lunch time, lunch on the house. If someone want the whole day alone it costs 1100 too.

January 22, 2015 at 6:10 pm #31791
    quote Saj:

Please add your names.

Rocklad + 1
    Vijay + 1
    Ahmad Pervez + 2
    Baher
    Sajid + 1

im in after long gap for the drive & camp

1-Rocklad + 1
    2-Vijay + 1
    3-Ahmad Pervez + 2
    4-Baher
    5-Sajid + 1
    6-Abdalla(badboy)+1

January 22, 2015 at 6:13 pm #31792

avinash + 1 :thanks:

January 22, 2015 at 6:19 pm #31793

Bahaa + one + 2 kids

thank you

Bahaa

January 24, 2015 at 9:32 am #31801

It was a fantastic show yesterday ๐Ÿ˜€ . At the very outset, I’d like to thank all the Marshals and members who showed up for yesterday’s drive and made it a fun day out :thanks: .

I was leading the newbie convoy with Ahmad Sb and Baher for support and we had a nice and easy drive to the Kharn Murrah hill where we took a break to enjoy the scenery. We then proceeded to Camel Rock and just when we were round the corner, we had our first and only pop-out which coincided with another mini pop-out at the same spot. After fixing it, we decided to take a track and head out as some of us had to show up at the safari camp as well. Due to the hard sand, the viking ropes did not come out of the trunk ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Everybody drove well. Avinash did a great job at second lead. Bahaa is of course an experienced driver and had no trouble at all. Ahmad and Wien, Ashraf Samawi, Krister, Dipu and Abdarrahman all did very well :YMAPPLAUSE: .

Abdalla, the badboy, switched over to our convoy midway as he wanted to join the camp.

Special mention of our female driver, Wien for following the rules and managing her 2D patrol very well :-BD .

Krister, I hope you got your tyre cleaned and sorted the air leak.

Finally, thank you Baher and Ahmad Sb for your support during the drive :thanks: .

I request members to pitch in with their drive reports and feedback. Any comments/suggestions to further improve ourselves are welcome.

January 24, 2015 at 10:45 am #31805

Dear DO,

Thank you so much for the Fun drive yesterday. a lot of fun we had during the drive, myself and my family really enjoyed the Newbie Convoy.
    unfortunately i can not help or support the Marshals or the sweepers because i have my family with me in the car.

they enjoy the drive and the camp of course for them it is a 1st time.

unforgettable day and they wish to join me on each drive (Newbie drive). i will do my best but no guarantee at all ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
    2 pop-out in the saem time :yesss:

I have to apologise for the Lady who drive behind me, if i’m not mistaken her Name is Wieneke, because i did not see her in my rear mirror and i did not stop or wait for her to follow my track, however i went back to guide her, but Marshal Baher went and guide her to the right track. ๐Ÿ™‚

Special thanks to our leaders / Marshals: Ahmed Pervez,Sajjad, Baher, Sanjay, Duncan, Zak, Ashraf, Saif, firoz, Razik and Humayun.

looking forward for the next :drive: :drive: :drive: :thanks:

Bahaa

January 24, 2015 at 3:23 pm #31807

Thank you Sajid, Baher the founder Ahmed and his sons and all the DO team for this wonderful drive, your hospitality and the willingness to teach others. The drives across the slopes was not something I had mastered but the by following the convoy and watching others I could negotiate them. I indeed learned a lot in this trip and the feeling I had when we finished was I need to have more of this. Inshah Allah would like to join you guys whenever I can but my constraint is I work in shifts and offs on Fridays and Saturdays comes on rotation. Hoping to see you guys soon , hopefully on 06th and 07th if any drives planned on Saturday.
    If I can get all the radio channels and frequencies , i could configure mine.
    If it is not possible to be posted here, I will write it down on my next trip. :thanks:

January 24, 2015 at 3:29 pm #31808

Ok, So friday I had my first DO outing.

First of all, let me say that I was very impressed by the level of organization, friendliness, and professionalism shown by the Marshalls, Sweepers, and others in charge. :YMAPPLAUSE:

Being my first outing with DO, I went on the Newbies ride. Although it was quite slow at times, and not a challenging run. I did enjoy it very much. As far as a Newbies run though, I thought it was excellent. We had a first time Driver out with us, and I think the ride gave them a little taste of many things. Some climbs, some steep descents, and a few bowls. The sand was still damp from the rain which made things easier, and no one got stuck. Those that did get bogged down a bit were able to self rescue by simply reversing out. The car in front of me did have a pop out, but that was taken care of quickly and we were able to finish of the drive without any issues.

I’m glad I have found a group of Offroaders, that have regular outings and are are very welcoming to people of all creed and vehicles. I look forwards to many more rides with you guys.

Thanks again,

Ash

:thanks:

January 24, 2015 at 3:31 pm #31809
    quote Abdarrahman:

If I can get all the radio channels and frequencies , i could configure mine.

here you go.. check this post:

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1454

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.