First Aid Training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I just read the thread regarding first aid training and thought i’d make an offer if enough people are interested. I’m a advanced first aid instructor and would be happy to run a training package for free – i could probably get people certified as well although that would cost the individual something like 30 or 40 Dhs to get the paperwork through.

I have been training first aid for some time, as well as being an instructor registered with EFR in the UAE i am also Military Advanced Trauma Life Support qualified and a UK Police Firearms Medic.

All of the first aid courses out here are pretty standard in terms of content and cover life support and first aid – both of which are extremely relevant as far as we are concerned. Imagine being in Liwa 100k from the nearest highway when someone has a heart attack or (god forbid) an arterial bleed as a result of an accident.

At the very least i would be happy to give some advice and guidance on the contents of a decent first aid kit – which hopefully we all carry!

Let me know if you are interested.

Andy

January 6, 2013 at 3:51 pm #21424

Andy , its great that if i cud one to get the first aid training and also the certification too even if it costed as this would be great training which can be inparted in various phases of life

do let me know when & where this training can be done.

regards

amjed

January 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm #21426

count me IN.

January 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm #21431

Thank you very much Andy for this great offer :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Ofcourse we are interested to take your offer further and I am defenitely in.
    We shall discuss more in detail when & how to make it happen :-BD

January 6, 2013 at 5:11 pm #21432

Count me in too………. :thanks:

January 6, 2013 at 5:16 pm #21433

Thank you for such a great effort. Please consider me in….

Best Regards,

January 6, 2013 at 5:30 pm #21434

Me toooooo

January 6, 2013 at 5:36 pm #21435

Thanks Andy,
    I too would like to join, and yes all of us would like to get the proper certification even if it costs a little bit of money.
    In fact this should be mandatory for all Marshals at least, so that we know what to do in an emergency till proper Medical attention could be provided.
    I leave it up to you to post a suitable event at your discretion on one of the Fridays or Saturdays in February perhaps?
    Please let me know on how I can help you to facilitate this?

January 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm #21437

Hi Andy, count me in for this too, fabulous that we can all profit from your skill and experience, Thanks

January 7, 2013 at 4:19 am #21443

Nice! Thanks Andy. Count me and copilot in for this :thanks:

January 7, 2013 at 4:21 am #21444
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

I leave it up to you to post a suitable event at your discretion on one of the Fridays or Saturdays in February perhaps?

Andy I am out of Dubai till the 10th of Feb. If it can be done after that so i will able to attend. :thanks:

January 7, 2013 at 5:32 am #21445
    quote Andy19:

Hi Guys,

I just read the thread regarding first aid training and thought i’d make an offer if enough people are interested. I’m a advanced first aid instructor and would be happy to run a training package for free – i could probably get people certified as well although that would cost the individual something like 30 or 40 Dhs to get the paperwork through.

I have been training first aid for some time, as well as being an instructor registered with EFR in the UAE i am also Military Advanced Trauma Life Support qualified and a UK Police Firearms Medic.

All of the first aid courses out here are pretty standard in terms of content and cover life support and first aid – both of which are extremely relevant as far as we are concerned. Imagine being in Liwa 100k from the nearest highway when someone has a heart attack or (god forbid) an arterial bleed as a result of an accident.

At the very least i would be happy to give some advice and guidance on the contents of a decent first aid kit – which hopefully we all carry!

Let me know if you are interested.

Andy

Hi Andy, Kindly gimme an opportunity to get trained on “first aid”. :thanks:

January 7, 2013 at 5:57 am #21448

Thanks for the kind offer Andy. Am definately in for the training as well as the certification.

Maybe when time permits if you could share a bit more details on your logistical requirements in terms of location suitability (indoors v/s outdoors), course duration and props required etc etc then a few of us could start working on the logistical angle as well while we leave the content etc to you.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

January 7, 2013 at 7:18 am #21453

Andy,

I am very much looking forward for this. pls count me too in this session.

January 7, 2013 at 7:44 am #21455

Hi Andy,

Thank you for extending such a wonderful much needed guidance/knowledge… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Whether ON or OFF road, this knowledge will be always helpful… and I am very bad at it (very poor knowledge)… ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ I am good at Number crunching (having CA, CIA, CISA, CFE and CRMA) ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• and would be more than happy to help any one…

I am definitely in for gaining this basic knowledge…

Thank you again… :thanks:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.