First Aid Training

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

:yesss: its already a very long list of confirmations for First Aid Training Will wait for Andy’s post on training details :-w

1) Amjed
    2) Jason
    3) Kumar
    4) Thanseer
    5) Musbah
    6) Ganesh
    7) Ahmad Pervez
    8) Brian
    9) Robinson
    10) Wassi
    11) Zarir
    12) Shabeer
    13) Bala Kumar
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

January 7, 2013 at 4:28 pm #21484

Hi Guys,

Great to see a lot of enthusiasm for this, i have been doing a bit of thinking about how best to get it done and the plan will be to deliver it in two sessions (spread over consecutive Fridays in mid/late feb) – each session would last about 3 hours.

Session 1 will cover emergency life support
    Session 2 will cover the first aid module

Thats all the training you need for the qualification – if you want to apply for certification you will have to sit a short multiple choice exam at the end of the course – it’s not hard and i’ll make sure you all pass.

At the end of the second session i plan to do a quick scenario session based on casualty treatment inside vehicles – casualty extraction from a vehicle – considerations for remote emergencies – this will just really contextualise the instruction for us off roaders. I suggest we meet somewhere like Tawi Nazwa, take a short drive into the desert, find a suitable spot and do the training – afterwards we can finish with a drive if people are up for it.

I’ll have a look at my diary tomorrow and try to pick two suitable weekends – i’ll issue more detailed instructions closer to the date. I’ll also check how much the registration fee is, it’s either 30 or 40 dhirams.

By rights i’m only allowed to teach 12 students at a time (i’ll try to find a way round this if i can otherwise it will have to be first come first served!)

Watch this space!

Andy

January 7, 2013 at 4:30 pm #21485

Option 2 would be to do it all in a day – but it would be a long day!

I’m open to suggestions.

January 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm #21486

I LIKE IT ! (By rights i’m only allowed to teach 12 students at a time (i’ll try to find a way round this if i can otherwise it will have to be first come first served!)

January 7, 2013 at 6:57 pm #21491
    quote Andy19:

I’m open to suggestions.

Option 1 sounds good With a quick Drive :drive:

January 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm #21493

My vote goes for option 1 – training split into 2 sessions, in the sand itself followed by a good drive 🙂

January 8, 2013 at 7:03 am #21524

its already a very long list of confirmations for First Aid Training Will wait for Andy’s post on training details

1) Amjed
    2) Jason
    3) Kumar
    4) Thanseer
    5) Musbah
    6) Ganesh
    7) Ahmad Pervez
    8) Brian
    9) Robinson
    10) Wassi
    11) Zarir
    12) Shabeer
    13) Bala Kumar
    14) Mansoor Abbas
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)

January 8, 2013 at 7:47 am #21530

Option 1 sounds like the way to go, more chance of the info sticking with 2 goes at it!

How would we do that, drive first and study after?

January 8, 2013 at 9:20 am #21541
    quote brianj:

Option 1 sounds like the way to go, more chance of the info sticking with 2 goes at it!

How would we do that, drive first and study after?

best thing is to learn, understand & then demonstrate live during the drive. Im ready to volunteer. hope all will be for this!
    now its Andy to shoot at us! :p

January 8, 2013 at 10:52 am #21545

Hi DO and Andy

This is a great initiative and I would like to be a part of it as well including the certifications.

Regards

Sajid

January 13, 2013 at 7:45 am #21888
    quote Andy19:

I’m open to suggestions.

Hi Andy,

I can see many ppl are interested so if you need some help with the training session let me know. I can’t get other ppl certified but I’m trained as a advanced First Aider so I reckon I can give you a hand if I’m around. PM me if you need any details.

Regards,
    Mitch

January 13, 2013 at 8:14 am #21898
    quote Andy19:

I’m open to suggestions.

I suggest we stick with Option 1, exactly as you planned.
    Split the session into 2 on 2 consecutive Friday afternoons in Feb.2013.
    Meet at Tawi Nizwa go into a secluded spot in the desert & have the training followed by the Drive.

You are the boss here…so it is totally your call.

Just let me know if you need any assistance in organising the training.

January 15, 2013 at 10:09 am #22055

Hi Andy, once you’ve worked out the detail and if you need help carrying kit for us to use, then I’m happy to pass by your place and load stuff on board if needed. This is a really good initiative mate
    Thanks

February 19, 2013 at 6:54 pm #23498

Hi Andy…This is truly a noble service from your end and it can at critical times save lives.Sorry to have read your post this late.(Joined D/O a bit late)… I too would like to undergo this training. Has it been completed or scheduled anytime in the near future ? Kindly advise.

As the Scout motto goes ,lets all ,” Be Prepared”

February 20, 2013 at 4:40 am #23513

Hi Andy,

Appreciate the effort you’re taking for this. Would love to be included too.

1) Amjed
    2) Jason
    3) Kumar
    4) Thanseer
    5) Musbah
    6) Ganesh
    7) Ahmad Pervez
    8) Brian
    9) Robinson
    10) Wassi
    11) Zarir
    12) Shabeer
    13) Bala Kumar
    14) Rakesh
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.