Fri 19 FEB || All level PM drive

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Nice drive, thanks for an excellent route selection Saif.

The Mitsubishi IO in front of me added great fun to my drive today (although kept a safe distance) but his pace was fantastic!!

Loved seeing those wheels in the air from time to time :drive:

February 20, 2016 at 6:50 am #35046

@Sahil4959, glad you enjoyed the route…..was a new area for me with some small to medium sized technical dunes…..Hats off to the IO driver who drove very well…..as did the rest of the convoy….

Special Thanks to JOE for Organizing the trip and for the Choice of Area.

Kudo’s to Sam (Sweep) & Greg……for all your efforts in the keep the newbie convoy moving smoothly

Look forward to seeing you all again in the Sands soon.

February 20, 2016 at 8:14 am #35047

A very nice drive yesterday πŸ™‚ All :thanks: to @joe.zeinoun , @Sash716 and all other drivers.
    It was a pleasure being the second lead.

Special :thanks: @joe.zeinoune for going under the car to cut a metal fence wire which got twisted on to my cars drive shaft. Really appreciate the true leadership. You are a saviour :ymapplause:

and I earned a new medal “the fence collector” πŸ˜€

February 20, 2016 at 10:44 am #35048

Thanks Saif for keeping us in the second lead. It was a lovely drive. Enjoyed a lot :))

February 20, 2016 at 7:01 pm #35049

Very nice drive. Only some large dunes would make it more exciting but it was great anyways.
    Thanks a lot to Goe and Sasha.

February 21, 2016 at 4:53 am #35052

@sahil4959 thanks mate! It was a great ride! enjoyed that huge dune in the middle too!

Thank you Saif for the route!

February 21, 2016 at 5:06 am #35053

It was a very exciting drive indeed. After doing Al Faqaa drive last week, I thought it would be quite the same, but actually was very different.

Dunes were slightly higher, but still technical and fun to ride. We had a very homogenous group with a nice speed across the dunes. Thanks Joe for choosing this location. Was really nice. :thanks:

I really liked the color of the sand just before sun down. Amazing. πŸ™‚
    Now feeling like buying a LED bar to get ready for night drives. πŸ˜•

PS : Sascha, I have nice video for you if you like… you remember, on the top of the dune ? πŸ˜€

February 21, 2016 at 6:06 am #35055
    quote extensive7:

Only some large dunes would make it more exciting but it was great anyways.

+1 πŸ˜€
    Big thanks to @joe.zeinoun and @Sash716 for professional operating of 17th cars convo :ymapplause: ! With big brothers nothing scary :ymhug:
    I noticed that some 1 star drivers didn’t have yet flagpole with flag! also was confusing to see some participants castling positions in convoy! its not like I’m ass or i have something personal, nothing of that, trust me! But its safety, for y and another drivers! Respect to all DO members, hope see y soon :ymhug:

How many helpers πŸ˜‰ ! Its good to know that so many people ready to help y!

That pice of fence πŸ˜€

February 21, 2016 at 7:40 am #35056

The Convoy :ymparty:

February 21, 2016 at 8:02 am #35060

wow, looks like a missed a good drive!

February 21, 2016 at 8:25 am #35062
    quote Alex:

quote extensive7:

Only some large dunes would make it more exciting but it was great anyways.

I noticed that some 1 star drivers didn’t have yet flagpole with flag! also was confusing to see some participants castling positions in convoy! its not like I’m ass or i have something personal, nothing of that, trust me! But its safety, for y and another drivers! Respect to all DO members, hope see y soon :ymhug:

Alex it is good to raise this point and I fully support you. It is imperative to be properly equipped on our trips for the safety and enjoyment of everyone. @DuncanField has just posted that the Marshals will be carrying out inspections to ensure everyone is DO sand-worthy for their respective level. Think of it like RTA inspecting your car for registration…they are not trying to be mean to you…they just want to you be safe during your driving adventures :thanks: :thanks:

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3013&hilit=equipment+needed

February 21, 2016 at 2:04 pm #35064

Hello Everyone,
    Here is the Trip report from Intermediate convoy – We were total 8 cars in the convoy, with Abdullah at Lead and I was in the sweep. This was my 1st assignment as sweep and I have to admit that it’s not an easy task #:-s (Big thanks to people who always volunteer as rescue :ymapplause: :thanks: ). The area was new to most of the people and was bit technical :drive: . Due to which we had a lot of stoppage and recoveries to do.

From the meeting point we started with high spirits, thinking that being a small convoy we will do wonders B-) . But just after starting within 5 minutes we had 1st pop out in one of the car (which was fixed quickly as everyone was fully charged). Then again after 10 minutes we had a 2nd pop out. This one took some time and energy to fix due to lifting points in the car (Joe’s mobile tyre shop was missed :p ). After this incident Abdullah asked everyone to increase tyre pressure as we dint wanted to waste more time. By this time we saw the other convoys also arrived in nearby area and was having a short break.

Then we started again and as we were about to come in to the rhythm, we saw smoke coming out of Cherokee :-ss . So we stopped the convoy and called Abdullah to have a look. We found out that some fluid was leaking and dropping on the exhaust pipe which was causing the smoke. Same time 1 car was also stuck, so we divided and rescued the other car by the time Abdullah fixed the problem in Cherokee. After this all went nice and smooth as we went on exploring the area. After few Kms we had a small meeting, as Abdullah realized that there is not much area to have fun to meet the expectation of the drivers, he decided that we will go to Al Faqa via easy route and have some play time there πŸ˜€ .

Now as nobody can predict what will be coming ahead in the desert same happened, inspite that Abdullah was trying to find an easier route we ended up in a much difficult area with very soft patches coming as a surprise . This caused few car tyres to sink in to place and have to be pulled out. But I must admit that all of us enjoyed this challenging route to Al Faqa and had fun helping each other and sharing the knowledge.

Overall for me it was a great drive, as it was a new area for me and the technical dunes helped me to again more confidence in my driving. And also I got a lot of chances use my equipment’s and practice recovery in different situations (which were tiring but yet fun).

Few things I would like to mention which I noticed, that few cars were changing the route in between and some cars tried to explore the area on there own during breaks. This was one of the reasons for some stucks :-w , so I would like to request the members to please stick to the track set by the Marshals as this is for your own safety πŸ™‚ .

See you all next Friday. Take care!!!

February 21, 2016 at 2:45 pm #35065

I want to thank Marshall Saif, with great support from Greg and Sam. Had a great trip with you guys and really appreciate all the guidance to make this trip memorable.

February 21, 2016 at 2:46 pm #35066

Nice report Ankit. It makes me feel like I was there. It sounds like trip was fun with lots of adventures :ymparty:

February 21, 2016 at 5:40 pm #35068
    quote matthewficco:

Nice report Ankit. It makes me feel like I was there. It sounds like trip was fun with lots of adventures :ymparty:

Thanks Matthew πŸ˜€
    Just a small report compared to urs :p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.