Friday 26th All Level Drive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Friday 26th February
    Drive Type: Sand
    Meeting Point:
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): 24.908685, 55.737936
    GPS users: N24° 54.543′ E55° 44.296′
    Meeting Time: 2.00PM
    Drive Start: 2.15PM
    Drive End: 6.00PM or as Marshall desires

This will be an all level drive starting from Al Rowdah Mosque. The sands are still busy at this time of year but this starting and finish location guarantees that we will see minimal tracks and other convoys so come and join us for some Friday fun in the sands. :ymparty: :ymparty:

Checklist: These are a must, not optional.

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

February 21, 2016 at 5:31 am #35054

Prior to the drive the Marshalls shall be checking equipment required for your level. So if you have been recently upgraded or think you may be shortly please refer to this list as a guide – http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3013&hilit=equipment+needed

February 21, 2016 at 8:10 am #35061

I will miss. Fri and Sat I will be in India.

February 21, 2016 at 12:16 pm #35063

Count me in again this week.

February 21, 2016 at 4:05 pm #35067

Im in !!

February 22, 2016 at 4:53 pm #35072

I will do final confirm later. Cataract surgery went well. Was able to drive next day. New jeep should be back from axle reinforcement on wednesday.

Anonymous
    February 22, 2016 at 7:36 pm #35073

Looks like we are heading to Super Bowl again….. I love that place!

Anonymous
    February 23, 2016 at 9:26 am #35080

Unfortunately I can’t make it this weekend. I’ll bring my car to service tomorrow to fix the broken driver seat and I’m still waiting on some other parts to arrive. :-w :((
    Have all of you fun and be safe,

regards

February 23, 2016 at 9:43 am #35081

Wow! Already looking at the line-up makes me wanna come meet “so-long-not-seen” faces! Plus the IO in action! \M/ :ymhug:
    Can I join in 2WD? ^:)^

February 23, 2016 at 10:03 am #35083

Im in!

February 23, 2016 at 2:29 pm #35087

it’s been long time, can’t wait to see all of you and feel the sand.

February 24, 2016 at 7:17 am #35091

Hello DuncanField and all,
    I’m new at DO and also new at driving in the desert.
    I would love to join this friday but before I wanted to ask if this is a good drive to join as I don’t have experience.
    I’m passionate for cars and love driving offroad but in my home country we don’t have desert so never done before.
    Thanks in advance.

February 24, 2016 at 7:42 am #35092
    quote Bernat:

I would love to join this friday but before I wanted to ask if this is a good drive to join as I don’t have experience.
    I’m passionate for cars and love driving offroad but in my home country we don’t have desert so never done before.
    Thanks in advance.

Most welcome to join! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
    Just please go through initial posts on minimum requirements for newbie (flag, radio, etc) and make sure you have them.
    :drive:
    Ohh, and if you join, please hit the green thumbs-up under the drive description, so that you reserve your spot! :yesss:

February 24, 2016 at 8:19 am #35093
    quote Bernat:

Thanks in advance.

And also my suggest like a Pajero user, remove front and rear it will take y 10 min to do.
    Make anything like that on rear bumper or just extra Cable tie can help you to tight the silver piece of plastic

Otherwise you will damage your bumper and lose some parts!

February 24, 2016 at 8:46 am #35095

Great!
    Thanks a lot JustDen! I have the basic stuff with me and I’m in!
    Thanks for the tip Alex! sure will remove those parts.
    See you on Friday then! I’m very excited.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.