Friday Afternoon March 31 – Nazwa Farms

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I supported/swept for Joe’s newbie convoy today. I was seriously impressed with the skill levels shown by all today and everyone deserves praise and recognition. We have a lot of talented individuals building their skills in the club. Everyone showed their discipline and comradeship throughout the drive.
    We started at Nizra and Joe gave a fast lead on a rollercoaster of a route that increased in difficulty as we progressed to the higher dunes near pink rock. Near pink rock we met a bowl that was heavily rutted and we learnt a few lessons about tire pressure and the Pajaro up shifting problem thats been discussed in the forums.
    After that we crossed 2nd of December making our way to Faya. With everyone showing their ability Joe increased the difficulty again and we had a tighter technical dune section that everyone coped very well with.
    It was the first drive that I’ve swept for when No recoveries were required. The few second attempts were minor and people showed good skills on self recovering. Also I have never seen a drive where everyone has followed the track created by Joe as precisely. This was down to the trust they have in Joe and Joe judging the performance of the convoy and increasing it accordingly. This was a newbie convoy where all performed at a higher level and i thoroughly enjoyed driving it as well as sweeping. Next time.

April 1, 2017 at 4:07 am #38573

Thank you Baher and Sam for leading the fewbie convoy was a nice smooth drive

April 1, 2017 at 10:24 am #38574

Thank you Bahar and Sam for a fun Friday drive. It was one of the most enjoyable drives I’ve been on. You both demonstrated great skill and leadership navigating the busy sections of the desert in keeping the group together and safe. Thank you!

April 1, 2017 at 10:36 am #38575

Thanks a lot to a whole convoy led by Denis!!! to Marshals, sweeper and all members! Enjoyed our yesterday drive! As always 🙂

April 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm #38578

@John.Xterra, @martinsedo, Thank you for this great drive, sure we missed a few ridges unshaved (not many), but we covered a long way before sundown :thanks:

April 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm #38580

Thanks to John and Martin for a great lead in the inter/advance convoy overall was a great drive.

It was rough start in the easiest section of the drive (smallest dunes), with two pop outs happening a few minutes after setting out from the meeting point. I was the first victim of the small yet steep and soft side slope that caused the pop outs. Normally it would have never been a problem but it was my first time out in the sand using BFGoodrich AT KO2 and I had assumed I could deflate to the same pressure as I used on my old tires which were also BFGoodrich AT but only “KO” (the older version). However after the pop out Haitham pointed out to me that the new version has a much softer sidewall and cannot be deflated as much as the old one which was had a much stiffer sidewall (special thanks for the tip otherwise would have probably had another pop out). The pop out itself didn’t take too long to fix and was a good opportunity for me to check that my trolley jack was still working as I haven’t used it in a few years. But it did take a while longer to up the pressures in all 4 of my tires so as not to have a repeat incident.

Thanks to everyone in the convoy for their support and patience. The rest of the drive was smooth sailing except at one point my flag flew off and got lost in the desert. We tried to find it but I guess maybe it got buried in some soft sand because it was no where to be seen, I just hope I don’t forget to put a replacement in the car before the next drive, I think I have a spare lying around somewhere.

April 2, 2017 at 4:57 am #38581

Another weekend, another lovely drive with DO. It sure could have been better if not for a couple of unfortunate long hauls.

Thanks to @baher for leading an unusually long convoy and @SamA for being a great sweeper.

Some photos as usual :

Attachments:

April 2, 2017 at 5:56 am #38582

It was great drive with @JustDen and @mustuz :ymhug: My family love it!

April 2, 2017 at 9:00 am #38590

Thanks @John.Xterra ,marshals and sweeper for my amazing first drive with the 2 stars and above !!

April 2, 2017 at 9:01 am #38591

Thanks @John.Xterra ,marshals and sweeper for my amazing first drive with the 2 stars and above !!

April 2, 2017 at 10:16 am #38597

Great drive with the Intermediate/Advanced guys!
    Started off with 2 strange pop-outs in a relatively newbie area, this made me think we were going to have a slow and interrupted drive, but as we went on, everyone picked up the pace and we managed to make it to Big Red within 20-30mins. As everyone was driving with confidence and responsibly we decided to cross the road to Badayer side and have some fun on the big bowls. I was impressed with the discipline and team spirit of the entire convoy. We crossed Iftar bowl, superbowl, and manage to make it all the way to Sony Ericsson way before sunset. It was a long distance to cover and it wouldn’t have been possible without everyone’s discipline. The newly promoted 2 stars (Bernardo, Franky, Aurelien..) drove really well and didn’t face any trouble. Haitham showed great support throughout the drive and Martin led an amazing second half of the drive!
    Great driving with a bunch of skilled guys! Looking forward to the next one!

April 3, 2017 at 12:38 pm #38619

Many thanks @John.Xterra and Martin. I had great and safe fun with you leading us.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.