Friday, March 3rd drive to Al Qudra Lakes.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Thanks Joe for a packed, fast paced drive, pleasure driving with you. Thanks Ahmed for the self recovery guidance and tips. It was a great drive today. Thanks all.

March 3, 2017 at 4:31 pm #38346

Thanks Dam for posting this trip. The Murquab to Qudra lanscape is always a treat. At ebery level.

Thanks John for the antastic fast paced drive that left no dunes untouched, zigzagging the terrain for just over 40Km. Impressive.

March 3, 2017 at 4:36 pm #38347

Sorry Sam for mispelling your name. :thanks:

March 3, 2017 at 5:30 pm #38350

Great drive, thanks!

March 4, 2017 at 5:00 am #38353

Thank you for the fantastic drive! Was a lot of fun

March 4, 2017 at 8:12 am #38355

This was my first drive with DO and was a great one! Thank you team!

March 5, 2017 at 8:03 am #38374

Great drive with the Intermediate/Advanced guys. Everyone drove really well and responsibly. I believe we managed to crest every single ridge in the area. We had a big convoy of 10 cars but it was definitely a fast paced drive with minor second attempts and only 1 stuck. From Murrquab to Qudra is around 20km in a straight line, we managed to zigzag our way across the most interesting area in almost 50kms within 2hrs 20mins.
    Below are some stats from the drive as well as the route we took. Pleasure driving with all of you guys and looking forward to the next one.

Anonymous
    March 5, 2017 at 9:17 am #38378

Thanks John for the great :drive: . I was surprised how good the terrain was, probably because of the earlier rain. As I remember, the last time we went there the sand was really soft and not much enjoyable. This time however, just below the surface the sand was wet and hard – this made a big difference.

I know, this is not the largest area but maybe worthwile discovering it more frequently with DO. Reaching home after the drive in almost no time made the whole experience even better. 😀

See you guys next time around !

March 10, 2017 at 6:35 am #38421

It’s a late response, but need to add that it was a wonderful drive, not very high dunes but quite technical.
    A new personal experience – a pop out!!!!
    Learnt to be careful during putting the tyre back on the rim. Ensure to clean the tyre and rim of sand as it will end up in wobbling steering on the road. Thanks to the team for their usual selfless support during all the trips.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.