Grace Period to Pay Traffic Fines

• Author

DUBAI – The General Department of Traffic of the Dubai Police has decided to give one month grace period to car owners who have been issued traffic offences in absentia to inform the department on the person who committed the violation in order to record the black points against the license of the driver.

He said that the traffic department will send SMS by sending SMS through mobile or fax to the car owners about the violations recorded in absence

When receiving the messages the car owners should inform the department if the car was driven by himself or somebody else. The department should give the name of driver and the number of his driving license in order to record the black points on the driving license. He added that the cars owners should send the details to the traffic department within one month to avoid car seizure.

The maximum number of black points a motorist can incur in a year is 24 at which point his license is suspended. Once a person collects 24 black points, the license will be suspended for three months. If a motorist collects 24 points for the second time, the license will be suspended for six months. If it happens for the third time, the license will be taken away for one year and will not be returned until the driver passes a training course from an authorized institute.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle08.asp?xfile=/data/theuae/2009/January/theuae_January127.xml&section=theuae

January 7, 2009 at 9:18 am #9190

Could you give me a copy of your driving licence, Jessil? ;;) ;;) ;;)

January 7, 2009 at 11:35 am #9192
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Could you give me a copy of your driving licence, Jessil? ;;) ;;) ;;)

licence number will do yaa??

January 7, 2009 at 12:46 pm #9195

Just want to be sure on the other details too…like full name, Issue date, expiry dates etc. :ymsmug: :ymsmug: :ymsmug:

January 7, 2009 at 4:01 pm #9201
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Just want to be sure on the other details too…like full name, Issue date, expiry dates etc. :ymsmug: :ymsmug: :ymsmug:

oppps.. can i give you my passport copy????

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.