intermediate drive 2/03/2012

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Ali – I fully agree to your comments for the sake of quality drives and safety of all participants. We had today a good example – timely intervention of the marshals avoided a probable roll over ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

March 3, 2012 at 7:11 am #15972

X( X( X(
    I think I would refrain from posting my comments on the drive here…on a public forum.
    One thing is for certain…the Star rating system is going to be implemented very strictly on ALL Future Drives…Even if any of the officials recommend otherwise [-( [-( [-(
    There is no fun…either for the learner or the teacher if one throws a non swimmer into the deep end of the pool !!! :-s :-s :-s

March 3, 2012 at 9:39 am #15979

Rob waiting for your pictures to analyse the situations which we have gone through…

March 4, 2012 at 6:54 pm #16011
    quote Desert King:

Rob waiting for your pictures to analyse the situations which we have gone through…

Hello Rob, will you upload the pictures

March 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm #16022

Hi Guys,
    Sorry, I am in Kuwait ๐Ÿ˜€ and the pictures are in my personal computer at home. Since most of the pictures were taken of the incident of another member, and I sent him all the pictures, I would rather let him post what he wants.

On a personal comment, I have to say that I really enjoyed the drive, so thanks to all the Marshals. I still dont understand my pop-out ๐Ÿ˜• . On the star ratings, I agree, but I would like to clarify that the 2 of the worst drivers that participated on friday asked before going, and permission was given. Next time if I see 2 or more stars drive, I will ignore it :drive:

March 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm #16023
    quote robinsonleiva:

Hi Guys,
    Sorry, I am in Kuwait ๐Ÿ˜€ and the pictures are in my personal computer at home. Since most of the pictures were taken of the incident of another member, and I sent him all the pictures, I would rather let him post what he wants.

On a personal comment, I have to say that I really enjoyed the drive, so thanks to all the Marshals. I still dont understand my pop-out ๐Ÿ˜• . On the star ratings, I agree, but I would like to clarify that the 2 of the worst drivers that participated on friday asked before going, and permission was given. Next time if I see 2 or more stars drive, I will ignore it :drive:

Rob, I think it is very wise on your part to let him choose and post the pictures. The star system has been implemented in full effect, and from now on, if a member does not qualify, he will not be able to even ask!

March 6, 2012 at 6:16 am #16037

Hi Guys,

I’ve posted the pics.

Thanks for the help in the recovery , especially to Sam, Thanseer , Saif, Ali and Salim. A special thanks to Rob too.

I saw the star rating and did not disagree with it. I did not insist that I come along for the drive. However, I did ask the marshal if I could come, and was told that if I was confident I could. I was confident in my ability to try hard. If you wanted to see my skills as a desert driver with 10 drives to my name, it’s quite obvious. I don’t have them – yet. However, I am willing to learn and spend my time and effort to get there. I love driving in the sand. From the stories I hear from other drivers, marshals and the like, everyone has had incidents much worse that what happened with me in the desert, but have learned and picked themselves up. That’s what I intend to do. If you look at my signature, it says exactly what I am, in personal or professional life- I never give up, no matter how many times I fail, till I succeed.

My expectation of the group was that we are here to challenge ourselves and have fun. Sometimes challenging yourself is a bit tricky and a lot of work for others around you. As Ahmed has written, it’s no fun to throw a non swimmer in the deep end of the pool, for both the driver and the teacher. I completely agree. But still had a lot of fun as well.

I have learned a lot from the drive and hope to do so even more on the next ones i attend.

Thanks again!

March 6, 2012 at 6:21 am #16039

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 6, 2012 at 6:46 am #16040
    quote geraldpinto:

Hi Guys,

I’ve posted the pics.

Thanks for the help in the recovery , especially to Sam, Thanseer , Saif, Ali and Salim. A special thanks to Rob too.

I saw the star rating and did not disagree with it. I did not insist that I come along for the drive. However, I did ask the marshal if I could come, and was told that if I was confident I could. I was confident in my ability to try hard. If you wanted to see my skills as a desert driver with 10 drives to my name, it’s quite obvious. I don’t have them – yet. However, I am willing to learn and spend my time and effort to get there. I love driving in the sand. From the stories I hear from other drivers, marshals and the like, everyone has had incidents much worse that what happened with me in the desert, but have learned and picked themselves up. That’s what I intend to do. If you look at my signature, it says exactly what I am, in personal or professional life- I never give up, no matter how many times I fail, till I succeed.

My expectation of the group was that we are here to challenge ourselves and have fun. Sometimes challenging yourself is a bit tricky and a lot of work for others around you. As Ahmed has written, it’s no fun to throw a non swimmer in the deep end of the pool, for both the driver and the teacher. I completely agree. But still had a lot of fun as well.

I have learned a lot from the drive and hope to do so even more on the next ones i attend.

Thanks again!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Gery, I really appreciate it. Never give up…

It can happen to experienced persons also. So don’t under estimate your abilities and skills. Keep trying and learn until you achieve it. Someone can learn from someone’s mistake, own mistakes and from experience. But its all lessons.

The photo illustration will help others to learn how to avoid such situation, what to do in such situation, how to recover safely etc…

There is nothing to take it in personal and these all are in learning process.

March 6, 2012 at 7:46 am #16041

Where have you uploaded the photos Gery?

March 6, 2012 at 9:34 am #16042

Hi Hamza,

They are in the Gallery section.

March 6, 2012 at 10:46 am #16043
    quote geraldpinto:

Hi Hamza,

They are in the Gallery section.

Yeah. Thanks. I asked because when you posted the message, the pictures were not there ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.