Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote Richard Moss:

Hello – new signup, but not new to offroading. I’ve been pointed in this direction by my good friend Tatiana who drives an FJ (but I’ll forgive her for that)

My name is as you see at the side – Richard Moss – and I currently live in Al Ain (but it’s the UAE so who knows what will happen in future!). I’ve been in the UAE for just over 5 years and offroading for 3 1/2, mostly in Jeeps. I started with UAE Offroaders (senior offroader level) and I’m currently driving with Oasis Offroad (level 4, their highest level below Marshal).

I currently have Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee 4L auto which was the vehicle that got me started and an XJ Cherokee 4L manual that goes really well on sand, as well as a 4.6L Discovery 2 (which I hardly ever take off the road because compared to the Jeeps it just isn’t up to the mark. I do almost all my own maintenance and modification on them all. I’ll post details of the vehicles in the relevant sections.

Looking forward to driving with you soon.

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders, Richard. Just curious, do you by any chance work in Horizon?

May 4, 2015 at 4:36 pm #32939
    quote Hamza Ahmad:

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders, Richard. Just curious, do you by any chance work in Horizon?

Sort of – we got sold to Etihad last year. Much the same job, still at Al Ain, but slightly better fringe benefits.

I did wonder when I saw your name……. small world!

May 4, 2015 at 4:43 pm #32940
    quote Richard Moss:

quote Hamza Ahmad:

Sort of – we got sold to Etihad last year. Much the same job, still at Al Ain, but slightly better fringe benefits.

I did wonder when I saw your name……. small world!

Small world indeed! Haven’t seen you since MCC. How have you been? I miss flying with you in the CRJ 200!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

How is Danielle?

May 4, 2015 at 4:46 pm #32941

It’s been a busy time. The entire Horizon Fixed Wing setup has been taken on by Etihad and we are now Etihad Flight College. It has been challenging but we’re getting there.

How/what are you doing now?

May 4, 2015 at 4:51 pm #32943
    quote Richard Moss:

It’s been a busy time. The entire Horizon Fixed Wing setup has been taken on by Etihad and we are now Etihad Flight College. It has been challenging but we’re getting there.

How/what are you doing now?

I have been good. Currently in Dubai.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, since you are here now ๐Ÿ™‚

May 11, 2015 at 4:38 am #32985

Name: Slobodan Mladenovic
    Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 LWB, 2006
    Occupation: Electrical Engineer, Lead Buusiness Development and Applications in ALSTOM GRID SAS
    Offroading: In offroading from 2006 (with same Pajero), looking for the weekend drives, not necessary extreme, but heavy one yes (as I have my Pet with me almost all the time). I am really looking for the good company, as my friends are not really interested in desert drive.

May 11, 2015 at 6:35 am #32987

Name: Naseem Abbas
    Vehicle: Prado 2007, just changed with GXR 2001, after the incident while driving with DO group early this year.
    Occupation: Housing / accamodation Manager, The Ritz Carlton, DIFC, this is my 17th, year with the company.
    Off-Roading: with DO since almost three years, started in Qatar / Doha by going alone, just for fun, moved in Dubai 2008, one of my X boss Mr. Ameen bin Nasir introduced me to DO, since then I am with DO, I love the group and I am loyal to the group, especially I have lot of respect to our founder & off-road teacher Mr. Ahmad.

May 19, 2015 at 1:49 pm #33070

Assalam-o-alaikum and Hi to all,

My short introduction is below:

Name: Syed Meesam Ali
    Vehicle: Landcruiser 2003 GXR 4700
    Offroading: Have had some experience of offroading in Doha at sealine beach mostly with my friends from Qatar. Did offroading with Cruiser and Patrol both and enjoyed bit of dune bashing.

I am really happy to get to know and now become part of this group. Got the group by google search but now hopeful to find lots of friends. Want to learn advanced techniques of desert surfing, dune bashing etc. Would love to join the weekly offroading trips managed by various members of group.

May 20, 2015 at 4:15 pm #33071

welcome on board Sayed :ymhug:

May 23, 2015 at 11:16 am #33088

Assalamu Alayka!

Name: Denis
    Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2.7 4WD
    Offroading: Don’t have experience.

I hope we will see soon.

May 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm #33103

Welcome to the Group Denis.

Look forward to your company on our upcoming drive……

May 27, 2015 at 6:12 am #33144

Hi All,

My self: Aditya Trivedi.
    Vehicle: Prado. No mods.
    Offroading: Just had 1 ride with dubai offroders, bought prado to be a active offroder.

May 27, 2015 at 6:18 am #33145

Welcome onboard Aditya. Though I myself haven’t so far gone for any ride along with DO but hopeful to join one soon.

May 28, 2015 at 5:09 am #33152

Hello All ๐Ÿ˜€
    Name: Zee
    Vehicle: Wrangler Sahara 2014, Manual, No mods.
    Offroading: Just picked up my Jeep in April and been out in the desert as much as possible since, never tried it before even though i’ve been in the UAE for 7 years, loving it so far, maybe a bit too much since i am still learning but car seems to be holding up so far!

looking forward to meeting those attending tomorrow x

May 28, 2015 at 6:10 am #33154

Name : – Karthik S.
    Vehicle :- 2015 Pajero LWB.
    Offroading :- A very exited and interested Newbie who wants to achieve that thrill of offroading. Actually had a bitter experience getting stuck in sand with family and that was because i did not know anything about Offroading. Need to perfect in offroading hence waiting for this trip. Hope to get the best out of this trip.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.