Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 533 total)
  • Author

Name: Josh
    Vehicle: Nissan Xterra 09 with lots of tweaks but the main ones are upgraded suspension (stock too mushy), snorkel (for all the water? 😕 )
    Offroading: Been in the sand since coming here a year and a half ago but no where near frequently enough!

Look forward to meeting you all!

May 28, 2015 at 6:13 pm #33163

Hello Offroaders

My Name: Roshan

Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 2012, Manual. Mods, only a URD short shifter. Just picked up my FJ 25 days ago. So trying to understand mine and my vehicle’s limitations.

Offroading: Hmm … How do I put this ?

Well .. I’ve had my good share of playing with sand 8 years ago, as Dubai offroaders was my base. Being a newbie with cold feet, I found myself at home with DO. Back then, DO was still in the initial stages of establishing itself, so the group was very small and close knitted. It was my second family.

Under the leadership of Captain Ahmad and through trial and errors, I got my confidence, found my place in DO and began my own drives.

Over time, I noticed we had some passionate offroaders who couldn’t balance between desert time and family time on their one day weekend. So I initiated a morning drive. 😉
    The morning drives became popular among offroaders with families because the drives would start around 5am in the morning, play around in sand, watch the sun rise and be back for breakfast before 8am. That way, the wives’ didn’t complain too 😉 . The weather was just perfect. Since it was convenient, the morning drives became the most active drives in DO forum.

Long story short, I had a nasty accident with another group at Sweihan which totaled my vehicle and fractured my vertebrae. After three months of bed rest, I picked up a 2 door pajero and came back home to Badayer 🙂

After a 6 year break, I’m hoping to join one of the newbie drives soon with DO. I’m not sure if I have the confidence and the adrenaline like I had before. So I’m just curious to see what I’ve got left in me. So its a new start for me all over again. I’ve been reading the forums regularly and hoping join a drive on a convenient day. I wish time was more luxurious like it was few years ago !!

Thanks Marshalls and fellow soilders. A lot of the threads was very helpful in clearing my doubts.

May 29, 2015 at 10:10 am #33166

Welcome back Roshan. It’s great to have you back! :yesss: 🙂

May 31, 2015 at 11:58 am #33178

Name: Hamza Djeffal.
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler 2009
    Offroading: New to the whole experience.

May 31, 2015 at 6:18 pm #33179

Welcome back Roshan!!!
    DO has been missing the Coffee mornings with you.
    🙂

June 3, 2015 at 3:09 pm #33195

Name: sohail
    Vehicle: ford explorer 2010 XLT
    Newbie to DO

June 9, 2015 at 8:19 am #33220

Welcome back roshan
    Welcome sohail
    And welcome for all the new members
    Hope to see you all soon

June 29, 2015 at 5:07 am #33353

Hello
    I am Rakesh, I am new to this and want to learn sand drivign sometime back.
    I find few offroad clubs out there, which one is the cheapest and the best?
    I have explorer 2012, it is ok car – want to drive in sand with it for a long time

June 29, 2015 at 6:00 am #33354

Hi rakesh
    Welcome to DO, dubai Offroaders is a club of fun, desert-loving, organised specifically to give newbies a safe and encouraging support network to get started, as well as running challenging trips for experienced drivers and a support network for 4×4-related issues. Membership with Dubai Offroaders is free, and they boast more than 2000 members. Ahmed pervez on the online forum, is the club founder. He explains that the goal of the club is to offer the chance for people in the UAE to experience and appreciate the various terrains and outstanding beauty of the country. The club also aims to show people that the desert is not desolate or lifeless; rather, it is teaming with wildlife, and that the desert deserves respect. we are organizing drives every Friday afternoons for all levels of members. You can register for the newbie drivers when a drive is posted by clicking on the register for the trip button,

hope to see you soon on sand.

June 29, 2015 at 8:24 am #33356

thnx u badboy
    wheere i make registration for learning

June 29, 2015 at 8:27 am #33357

i amke resgistration another site , they make me suspend ?? this is confuse me

June 29, 2015 at 9:30 am #33359

Welcome to d.o family there is a option of register on menu as U give the information and submit it U will get a notification on your email by the management it will take 1 to 2 days max and then you will be eligible to register for the trips. And on the trips as you open it there is a option will you attend ? Click yes if you are surely coming ..take a look in the rules and regulation and the equipment to carry also

July 1, 2015 at 10:14 am #33376
    quote duesamurai:

i amke resgistration another site , they make me suspend ?? this is confuse me

Your account is activated. You can register for newbie trips where you can learn.

July 1, 2015 at 10:49 am #33377

Name : Dejan Stojanovic

Vehicle : Nissan Titan 2004

Modifications : 2 inch lift kit, K&N air filter, Unichip

Offroading: with friends, not getting stuck in sand anymore 🙂 , i push my titan to the limits, its also my delivery vehicle as work may require offroad deliveries. I am a Nissan type of guy, I have the titan, & 350z (drift project) , and used to have Navara, 300zx skylines r32, r33 & r34. Tried Porsche and blew up 2 engines, back to Nissan for good now !!!

July 1, 2015 at 12:10 pm #33378

Name: Mohammed Mubeer
    Vehicle:Nissan Patrol Platinum,2014
    Offroading: whenever and wherever possible

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.