Jordan road trip – safe whilst renting a car?

• Author

Hi guys,
    was looking for opinions about safety whilst renting a car for a road trip in Jordan with wife and 3 year old in a few weeks. :drive:
    We wouldnt be heading to the north but plan to see the other usual sights. B-)
    I have been recommended to get a car with driver – is this necessary or is driving a rental ok? Anybody done it recently?
    :thanks:

September 24, 2014 at 12:41 pm #30938

Sorry Philip. Never been to Jordan so can’t help much ๐Ÿ™ .

So what’s the plan? Wadi Rum and Petra? I read somewhere that you shouldn’t be riding the donkeys to navigate the siq……just walk through it and maybe use a donkey or a pony after the siq if you are tired of walking…….but then again…….I’ve seen you trek the upper lip of Wadi Ghul in Jebel Shams with your baby so tiredness and stamina is not an issue ๐Ÿ˜•

Any Jordanians in the house who’d like to help? Anyone really for that matter if you have rented a wheel in Jordan.

September 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm #30943
    quote Saj:

Sorry Philip. Never been to Jordan so can’t help much ๐Ÿ™ .

So what’s the plan? Wadi Rum and Petra? I read somewhere that you shouldn’t be riding the donkeys to navigate the siq……just walk through it and maybe use a donkey or a pony after the siq if you are tired of walking…….but then again…….I’ve seen you trek the upper lip of Wadi Ghul in Jebel Shams with your baby so tiredness and stamina is not an issue ๐Ÿ˜•

Any Jordanians in the house who’d like to help? Anyone really for that matter if you have rented a wheel in Jordan.

:thanks: Sajid, that’s a good bit of advice! Appreciate it.
    We plan to do the standard Jordan trip… Amman – Petra – Aqaba – wadi rum ๐Ÿ˜€
    Don’t think I will ever voluntarily be tested to the same extremes as we all were during our hike last year… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :ymsmug: Something we often still talk about with fond memories and lessons learnt ๐Ÿ˜‰

September 27, 2014 at 9:55 am #30962

Hi,

Make sure to take a Garmin GPS with Middle east map 2015.10
    Rent your car from Airport, you might get a small car for 25 Jd per day and 250 km per day.

Try to drive in day light because of nature of roads with a lot of curves and many steep slopes specially south of Jordan

I’ll suggest you use the kings way when traveling from Amman to South it has amazing sceneries

You might like to visit Dana reservation as well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.