Learner Drive on Fri. 22nd of Feb.2013 + BBQ & Camping.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

:thanks: Ahmad!
    I am in.

February 20, 2013 at 4:32 am #23512
    quote brianj:

That sounds delicious :-BD , beats my sausages by a very long way ๐Ÿ˜€ what do we have to do to participate Tom?

Hay Brian you are welcome to try this and feedback will be greatly appreciated as this is a new addition to the recepie book. ๐Ÿ˜€

February 20, 2013 at 10:10 am #23532

Hi All,

I’ve been planning my first drive with the club for a while, finally I’m confident in my car to make it happen ๐Ÿ™‚ I fixed the issues I had (transmission oil temp), so I’m ready for the dunes ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward for the friday’s adventure, and to drive with you guys :yesss:

Cheers,
    Norbi

February 20, 2013 at 10:30 am #23534

Hi, All,

Thank you for accepting my registration as a member of Dubai Off roaders.

I have virtually no experience in driving 4X4 Dubai or anywhere, however I
    do have experience in driving a dirt bike in the Dubai desert, but I donโ€™t think itโ€™s very relevant to 4X4..

I drive a Land Rover Discovery II

Is it acceptable for a complete learner including family to turn up to the
    learners drive next Friday 22nd @ the Tawi Nazwa Shops?

Thanks,

Barry

February 20, 2013 at 11:44 am #23542
    quote bazza:

Hi, All,

do have experience in driving a dirt bike in the Dubai desert, but I donโ€™t think itโ€™s very relevant to 4X4..

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Bazza

Please register for the drive on the first page of this post. Either ways u will b driving I reckon…with or without family ๐Ÿ˜€

One of our task force personnel/ senior member will soon advice u on ur co-passengers query…

C u soon to :drive: Just for fun :drive:

February 20, 2013 at 11:53 am #23545
    quote bazza:

Hi, All,

Thanks,

Barry

Yes. You are welcome with family but pls do the registration on the drive post.

February 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm #23565
    quote bazza:

Hi, All,

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry,Welcome aboard & hope to catch up with you soooooooooon ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 21, 2013 at 4:59 am #23574

Looking forward to the trip guys but sadly will not be able to make the BBQ or camping on this occasion as the boss lady says we are off to a concert.

See you tomorrow.

February 21, 2013 at 6:05 am #23581

Wow Duncan, ๐Ÿ˜• miss out on a serious bit of dune bonding for a concert ๐Ÿ˜ฎ …get a grip mate ๐Ÿ˜€
    Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€

February 22, 2013 at 5:33 pm #23602

Many cars again today, split over two groups. I went with Humayun as lead and Musbah as sweep; I really enjoyed the dunes today, maybe because I didn’t come out last week but it was very nice. The dunes looked tricky but managed without any mishaps; I trusted the lead and followed with confidence. Thanks Humayan and Musbah for all your great work to guide us safely home.

Apologies to all for not staying behind for the BBQ, I brought a passenger today and they had commitments.

See you all again soon.

February 22, 2013 at 8:10 pm #23605

Thanks Humayun for the nice lead of the intermediate convoy and thanks for all drivers who performed very well. We had enough time to play and we had a real fun at the Pink Rock. It was a great day although I have lost the bumper during my first trip for my LC in sand. Myself Humayun, and Doctor drove back to Tawi Nazwa where we had the chance to have a night drive. :thanks: again Humayun.

:thanks: for all drivers and special :thanks: for Ahmad Bhai for organizing this drive and we definitely missed our Marshals who went for Exploration drive.

Sorry Folks for not being able to stay for the BBQ due to personal commitment with the family.

See you all in sand soon

Best Regards

February 22, 2013 at 9:53 pm #23606

Thanks Humayan and Musbah for the intermediate drive. It was great. I promise to get a walkie next time.
    See you all guys soon ๐Ÿ˜€

February 22, 2013 at 10:49 pm #23607

Once again a huge turnout … a testament to the popularity of the club
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I had the pleasure of joining Humayan’s convoy with the ever vigilant Musbah as sweep.
    The trip was one amazing rollercoaster ride from start to finish, with enough excitement to please any adrenalin junkie … We did it all, from traversing little dunes to tricky sidecresting and ‘slippery’ dune climbs.
    The pace was swift with few stucks and we arrived at the Pink Rocks with the sun still high in the sky ….. PLAY TIME!!!… we all had a blast honing our newly learnt skills with the more experienced offroaders testing their limits… A wonderful Friday afternoon once again spent with good company. ๐Ÿ˜€

:thanks: Ahmad bhai for organising this trip
    :thanks: Humayan for an excellent lead and brilliant route
    :thanks: Musbah for the offroading tips and advice.
    :thanks: to my fellow offroaders for the awesone company.

Can’t wait till next Friday!!!! B-)

February 23, 2013 at 3:34 am #23608

:thanks:

Good morning everyone!

Many thanks as well from Daniel and Milva who really enjoyed this very first trip in the UAE desert.
    It was extremely well organized, and a great experience.
    We are looking forward to meet you all again soon.

(Today I have hard job, i.e. after Paul told me that the new Pathfinder I just bought was not really the type of car appropriate for serious off-roading, I now have to convince my wife that we absolutely need to purchase a Toyota FJโ€ฆโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Enjoy your Sunday

Daniel

Safety First!!

P.S. Will post some photos onto the forum later today

February 23, 2013 at 7:39 am #23614

All,

Thank you all for a fantastic intro to the beautiful desert and your great group…..http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=2164#

special thanks to Ahmed for great advice and organizing ……..Brain for all the support and encouragement and willing us on and over….. St Paul for all the help and repairs and of course superglue skills….

…its really a great group….. cant wait to do it again

Barry, Karen, Ciara and Miahttp://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=2164#

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.