Learner’s Drive on Friday the 28th of Feb. 2014.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    quote khshareef:

quote duli:

quote vangara:

Hi All

I am new and since this is a beginners ride, I would like to come as well, but I don’t any of the Equipment required for the trip. Towing rope, air compressor etc. are OK, I can shop for them quickly, but I am worried of the walkie talkie, I called some one selling them on Dubizzle but he refused to sell it to me because I dint have a permit from TRA! I will try to get one from Dragon Mall as suggested, but will that not require a permit? is it OK to just get one from Dragon Mall?

Hi Vengara,

When you purchase a Walkie Talkie from DM you dont require a permit :ymparty:

You can proceed to Dm and visit shop # BAI-05 (Shengda Trading). Just tell the lady there that you are from the Dubai Offroaders group and want a WT. She will give you a nice WT and set up all the frequencies for you.

I bought one from her last month. I dont actually remember the brand name… I guess its BAOUHUI (or some thing like that). I got it for Aed. 170 and a car charger for Aed. 10.

Please make sure that which ever WT you buy… it should have buttons on the front which can also allow you to select a frequency of your choice… eventho the lady will set the required channels :yesss:

Hope to drive with you soon.

Tc.
    Duli

Abdul. Thanks for you input. Better to buy Motorola walkie talkie.

Thanks for the advice guys, got a Moto GP 338 Plus for 250 Dhs from the same shop in DM, but just to let you all know after searching around I found a Moto MT777 for 200 Dhs and there’s also a kenwood radio for 175 Dhs.

February 26, 2014 at 12:12 pm #29207

David it’s around 18/19 00 & something, plus mount etc,
    AMIT is not the best at answering the phone!!!
    I’ve seen them in Adventure Sport in Times square also. You can also try ringing Tech Souq, I think they have an offer, it’s got maps on it but you shouldn’t buy just because of that, the road maps are ok but local maps are a bit useless in the sand.
    WHere do you live David?.if we are close you can take a dekko at mine before you buy give you an idea of what’s in the box so to speak
    I’m happy to chat on the dog and bone if it suits[/quote]

I live in Tecom.

Will have a look in Adventure HQ this weekend. I’m not in a rush to buy one just yet and will have a look at other peoples in the group.

February 26, 2014 at 2:14 pm #29209
    quote David Jarvis:

I live in Tecom.

Will have a look in Adventure HQ this weekend. I’m not in a rush to buy one just yet and will have a look at other peoples in the group.

Very good decision you don’t need one at all to begin with, from intermediate onwards it’s advisable. Some of our Rdv’s are on the edge of the sand. In larger dunes, also useful if, for whatever reason you become separated from the group, it can easily happen, if you know your co-ordinates the lead can find you. Also take a look on Dubizzle, the Garmin 650 is an evolved model, earlier GPS’s in the Garmin range are good too. As you are on a drive with Ahmad ask him too.

February 26, 2014 at 6:59 pm #29210
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote Ahmad Pervez:

So let us just add up the numbers for for the Camp, too.
    Ahmad + 2
    Mahiwal + 3
    Gordon + 1
    David + 1
    Christopher
    Mohammed Arif + 3
    Suresh Vangara
    Siva Prasad + 1
    Sridhar Indhurthi + 1
    Total 21 for the Camp Dinner
    Please keep on adding to this list, along with the number of companions, if you would be staying back for Dinner at the camp after the drive.
    February 26, 2014 at 8:21 pm #29211
    quote vangara:

quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote Ahmad Pervez:

Ahmad + 2
    Mahiwal + 3
    Gordon + 1
    David + 1
    Christopher
    Mohammed Arif + 3
    Suresh Vangara
    Siva Prasad + 1
    Sridhar Indhurthi + 1
    Yohan + 1
    Total 23 for the Camp Dinner
    Please keep on adding to this list, along with the number of companions, if you would be staying back for Dinner at the camp after the drive.
    February 27, 2014 at 5:00 am #29212

Hi

I’ll come for drive but will not be able to stay for dinner in camp.

February 27, 2014 at 9:23 am #29214

Is it a family drive ?? is it possible we can take our family with us ?

February 27, 2014 at 10:25 am #29215

It is a family drive, obviously.
    You can read in some of the earlier posts that some members are bringing their wife and small kids along.

February 27, 2014 at 10:43 am #29216

Ahmad + 2
    Mahiwal + 3
    Gordon + 1
    David + 1
    Christopher
    Mohammed Arif + 3
    Suresh Vangara
    Siva Prasad + 1
    Sridhar Indhurthi + 1
    Yohan + 1
    Baher
    Total 24for the Camp Dinner

Am Bake ๐Ÿ™‚

February 27, 2014 at 12:06 pm #29218
    quote Baher:

Ahmad + 2
    Mahiwal + 3
    Gordon + 1
    David + 1
    Christopher
    Mohammed Arif + 3
    Suresh Vangara
    Siva Prasad + 1
    Sridhar Indhurthi + 1
    Yohan + 1
    Baher
    Total 24for the Camp Dinner

Am Bake ๐Ÿ™‚

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

February 27, 2014 at 3:58 pm #29221

We’ll attend the dinner. Count us as 2.

February 28, 2014 at 4:44 am #29222

Please can I add a plus 1 for the camp. One of my friends wants to come now,

A bit late I know, I’ll send Ahmad a text

March 1, 2014 at 4:45 pm #29224

Thanks everyone for yesterday. Was a good trip for my first time out and will be up for going next weekend if there is a morning one as I have plans in the afternoon.

March 2, 2014 at 1:53 pm #29230

Nice drive, though al Aweer is not that challenging terrain wise but Ahmed made sure everybody was on full alert by taking some really good lines frequently and very capable sweep provided by Saeed .Thanks a lot guys for the great company ,hope to see u guys soon in the sand.

March 2, 2014 at 4:31 pm #29231

Enjoyed Friday drive with the group and had a great time at the camp.

Thanks to Sridhara and Baher for excellent work and help extended.

Nice to meet new friends vangara and arif.

Looking forward to next drive with you guys.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.