Learner’s + Intermediate Drive Friday the 23rd of Aug. 2013.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

hi guys
    i think there will be two convoy by the level of drivers i am right?

August 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm #27076

Hi,

Would like to join for the trip. Its my first time with DO. I am driving with another group and have somewhat ‘ok’ experience ๐Ÿ™‚ I have all the equipment’s except the offroad GPS. Can i join the trip? :drive:

August 21, 2013 at 4:07 pm #27077
    quote asifmm007:

Hi,

Would like to join for the trip. Its my first time with DO. I am driving with another group and have somewhat ‘ok’ experience ๐Ÿ™‚ I have all the equipment’s except the offroad GPS. Can i join the trip? :drive:

HI Asif,

yes you can join the trip, please register by clicking on the register button at the starting of this post.

August 22, 2013 at 4:27 am #27078

Hi Guys,

As we have so many first timers, I shall be at the meeting point at 4.30pm having a little play around as usual.

If anyone wants to come along early to ask any questions or wants assistance with tyre deflation or the controls on their 4×4 then please feel free to join me.

In case anyone gets lost on route and needs directions just give me a call.

See you all tomorrow.

August 22, 2013 at 6:24 am #27079

That’s nice of you Duncan :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I’m sure, many new comers can make us this :thanks:

August 22, 2013 at 9:32 am #27080
    quote FJ 22114:

hi guys
    i think there will be two convoy by the level of drivers i am right?

That’s correct there will be at least 2 convoys…maybe even 3 from the look of the number of participants…and yes the groups will be essentially segregated based upon the members experience & skill level.
    Thanks Duncan for the offer to the new members to help…that is exactly how Dubai offroaders operates…we learn and we pass on our knowledge…coincidently…the more one teaches the better we understand ourselves!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

August 22, 2013 at 9:58 am #27081

It’s been a long break. I am in! ๐Ÿ™‚

August 22, 2013 at 10:47 am #27082
    quote DuncanField:

Hi Guys,

As we have so many first timers, I shall be at the meeting point at 4.30pm having a little play around as usual.

If anyone wants to come along early to ask any questions or wants assistance with tyre deflation or the controls on their 4×4 then please feel free to join me.

In case anyone gets lost on route and needs directions just give me a call.

See you all tomorrow.

Hi Duncan,

I will come early as this is my first offroading trip and want help with basics as I am pretty new to 4x4s also.

Regards,

Kartyk

August 22, 2013 at 10:58 am #27083

No problem Kartyk,

I will see you there.

It will take roughly an hours travel from Dubai depending on where you are coming from. You will know you are there, as driving on the Sharjah/Kalba road you will come to a mountain range. Just before this there is a slip to the right where we meet.

August 22, 2013 at 10:59 am #27084

Looks like we’re all geared up for a fun evening in the Sands :ymparty:

Commendable considering the warm weather these days :-BD :-BD :-BD

See you all at the meeting Point

August 22, 2013 at 11:12 am #27085

Inn Tentatively….

August 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm #27086

The number is BIG..looks great…and a warm welcome to all our new offroaders…see you all on sand soon…

August 22, 2013 at 6:56 pm #27087

From the numbers, it looks like there are going to be at least 3 convoys…if not 4!!!
    :yesss:

August 23, 2013 at 6:47 am #27088

Hi everybody, no gps so could anyone explain the meeting point? I know the fuel station on that route :drive: :thanks: :yesss:

August 23, 2013 at 7:07 am #27089
    quote MaddieTJ:

Hi everybody, no gps so could anyone explain the meeting point? I know the fuel station on that route :drive: :thanks: :yesss:

Hi Maddie,

The meeting point is the fifth interchange after crossing the petrol pump (Emarat). Just go to google maps and search with the coordinates given as meeting point. You will get the exact picture… ๐Ÿ˜•

Lets get ready to :drive:

Kartyk

note: Feel free to call any of the members if lost…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.