Learner’s + Intermediate Drive on Friday 30th of Aug. 2013.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

HI! I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently moved to Dubai and also recently purchased a wrangler. Im planning on comming to the friday drive. I have zero off road experience but will fortunately have a passenger who is quite experienced so hopefully that will help out. Other than my outfitted jeep, what’s the minimum gear I need to have for friday.

So far I was going to get
    -auto deflators
    -compressor
    -shackles
    -snatch strap

I dont have a walkie or a GPS (iphone 5 doesnt count im assuming). Do I need to make sure I have these for friday. Where do you recommend getting all the gear. I have found a few places in dubs that have this stuff. Any idea on the cheapest. Advanced Expedition Vehicles shop, Ramy 4×4, Ace, Dawauto….. I also saw some of you post about dragon mart, so I just thought I would try to keep myself from running all over the city if possible.

Im looking forward to meeting everyone, any suggestions or advice would be super appreciated.

Best
    David :thanks:

August 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm #27137
    quote dubaidmd:

HI! I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently moved to Dubai and also recently purchased a wrangler. Im planning on comming to the friday drive. I have zero off road experience but will fortunately have a passenger who is quite experienced so hopefully that will help out. Other than my outfitted jeep, what’s the minimum gear I need to have for friday.

So far I was going to get
    -auto deflators
    -compressor
    -shackles
    -snatch strap

I dont have a walkie or a GPS (iphone 5 doesnt count im assuming). Do I need to make sure I have these for friday. Where do you recommend getting all the gear. I have found a few places in dubs that have this stuff. Any idea on the cheapest. Advanced Expedition Vehicles shop, Ramy 4×4, Ace, Dawauto….. I also saw some of you post about dragon mart, so I just thought I would try to keep myself from running all over the city if possible.

Im looking forward to meeting everyone, any suggestions or advice would be super appreciated.

Best
    David :thanks:

Look forward to having you on the drive David.
    Almost all the information required by you is available on our forums…you just need to sift through it 😉 .

August 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm #27138

I will be there as well

August 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm #27140

Hello everyone,
    i want to join u guyz for this trip.
    i got my H2 but i never go offroad yet.
    and dont have equipments mantioned in RULES.
    nd i dont wanna miss it so plz help me plz.
    can i join..?or can anyone guide me where i can buy
    equipments required..!!!
    big thanks to all.

August 29, 2013 at 5:14 am #27141
    quote Saad Cheema:

Hello everyone,
    equipments required..!!!
    big thanks to all.

Welcome to DO Saad

well for your questions please go the below mentioned.

almost all relevant information is listed here

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewforum.php?f=16

rest Just make sure to have very important below mentioned to start with.

1.Tire Deflator with Guage
    2.A walkie Talkie
    3. Flag

August 29, 2013 at 5:18 am #27142
    quote Saad Cheema:

Hello everyone,
    equipments required..!!!
    big thanks to all.

Thanks Oliver & Hello Saad,
    all the information required is given on the forum, you can either sift through the topics one by one or search for specific topics of interest through the search function.

August 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm #27149

Looks like another fantastic turnout, good job guys.

See you all in the sands……………

August 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm #27150

Looking forward to another exciting outing :ymparty:

August 30, 2013 at 8:17 am #27151

Was planning NOT to come as I am travelling after 2 days…But the Sand BUG started working since morning..and cant resist that ….
    The Number is BIG and the convoy looks great…then how can I miss this..me toooo IN…see you all on sand..Insha allah..

August 30, 2013 at 9:48 am #27152
    quote asharafkc:

Was planning NOT to come as I am travelling after 2 days…But the Sand BUG started working since morning..and cant resist that ….
    The Number is BIG and the convoy looks great…then how can I miss this..me toooo IN…see you all on sand..Insha allah..

That’s great..you won’t regret…it’s gonna be a different experience

August 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm #27153

Great Drive, :drive: :drive: :drive:

lots of new faces…nice to see you all

Thanks to Duncan and Razik for recovering me from the stupid stucks

and hope all newbies enjoyed the drive

:thanks:

August 30, 2013 at 6:41 pm #27154

It was an amazing turn out today though the weather was hot & windy…Big applause for that…
    Today I was asked to drive with the New bee / Infant Bee Convoy as a support to the convoy..and I drove as the second lead…was great driving as a second lead to Saif..

The sand was tooooooo soft and with lots of very tricky patches and bowls..at one point in the very first strech of the drive I slowed down my car as I got a shout from sweep they have a stuck at the back..and the next moment..I have realized that my two tyres was sunk/ swallowed by sand…Thanks Saif for the pull…
    Saif..u were a wonderful lead and with the maximum focus on the safety of the new bees in the convoy with 15 cars…..though we had not done a lengthy drive in KMs/Miles..the drive was a lengthy one…with few nice ridges..bowls..tracks…and a couple of stucks as expected in the Tricky sands of Al Faqaa with mercury reaching above 40 degree…

Adding on to that…NO OFFENCE to anyone…but we have noticed several times the convoy discipline was not followed and I have seen our Lead Marshal Saif running towards a car shouting to stop the car..as the car was in a very bad angle on a slope to the bowl and the driver fighting the gravity…and finally the car came out safely…
    A humble request to all ..it is always advised to maintain the convoy discipline as this sport we involved is for fun and could turn out to a catastrophe with no time..if the Lead Marshals and Sweeps instructions are not followed unless you are a driver with lot of experience..but that will never happen in a NEW BEE Convoy..
    Guys for me Al Faqaa is definitely an area where we need all the techniques to apply..and I believe once we learn from Al Faqaa then the other areas are easier…you guys have done a wonderfull job..BIG APPLAUSE…and welcome to the group of people who are sand Bugged…

Feroz…Bro you have done a wonderful job..I would say you are the MAN OF THE DRIVE….Do you remember the number of recoveries you did today….? I know it would be hard to remember..

I was asked by the Lead Marshal to take out few cars with me to tarmac…from a point towards the end of the drive ..as the Lead Marshal went back to support Feroz in rescuing few cars…
    Sorry for not waiting at the end point as I got in to Al Ain – Dubai Highway ..and could not stop anywhere…
    Was good to hear from Saif that every one came out safe and sound..

Trust all enjoyed the drive..Keep driving just for fun…
    See you soon..I have to be out of sand for 2 weeks as I am going for a small break…

Drive Safe ..Have Fun…

August 31, 2013 at 10:51 am #27156

I can only agree with the above. We are not driving on Sheikh Zayed road out there in the desert, so maintain discipline and your position in the convoy! It can’t be right that the marshals and other drivers need to remind certain other participants to keep their position and to stop fooling around! And bring walkie talkies and other basic equipment before going on these drives.

August 31, 2013 at 11:26 am #27157

Hi Guys,

As a newbie I had a great time. Some learning.. some confidence.

Ashraf – I would wait for your post to let me know how do i change the bumper of my Prado to a metal one.

Saif – Thanks alot

Cheers
    Juno

Anonymous
    August 31, 2013 at 8:00 pm #27158

All intermediate/advance proved their ability accept few refusals which is not bad in such a terrain, salute to two defender drivers… tried your best approach bravo to you guys..

all drove very well stretched 25km of ridge cuttings.

I hope you guys enjoyed breath taking moments 🙂

see you soon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.