Learner’s+Intermediate Drive on Friday 31st of January 2014.

• Author

Day and date : Friday, the 31st of January ‘2013
    Drive Type : Learner’s + Intermediate Drive , 2 separate Convoys.
    Meeting Point : Khatam intersection on underpass 3 on the Sharjah Kalba Road.
    [map]25.20401,55.65047(Underpass # 3 on Sharjah Kalba Road)[/map]
    Meeting Point Co-Ordinates :
    Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd = N25.16668 E55.82608
    Lat/Lon hddd.mm.mmm = N25 10.001 E55 49.565
    Meeting Time : 14:15Hrs.
    Drive Start: 14:30 Hrs.
    Drive Route: Khatam to Al Faya, to Al Badayer, time permitting.
    Drive Terrain: soft & tricky dunes
    Duration: 3.00-3.30 hours approx.

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    b) Compatible Radio is a must.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
    e) Full Tank fuel must

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

January 27, 2014 at 3:02 pm #28811

I’ll try to join but chances are low ๐Ÿ˜•

But, as I say, “no try, no chance” :-B :yesss:

See you soon Ahmad! ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 27, 2014 at 4:17 pm #28814

not with the current suspension :(( , will take a miss.

January 31, 2014 at 5:25 am #28846

Hi Ahmad, I will be coming along today for my first learners drive. Thanks for organising. Looking forward to it.

January 31, 2014 at 8:09 am #28847
    quote Choxy:

Hi Ahmad, I will be coming along today for my first learners drive. Thanks for organising. Looking forward to it.

Hi Alastair, you are welcome this is more of a Learner drive than an intermediate one, tracks and Dunes
    ,,, see you there

February 1, 2014 at 3:43 am #28853

I’d just like to thank all involved in the learners drive yesterday. I had a great time and the marshal’s were excellent.

Thank you!

February 1, 2014 at 1:01 pm #28860

Felt great after a longish time out of the sands. Volunteered to be part of the Learners drive which was ably lead by Brian with Sanjay at the sweep. I am sure the new/few learnt a lot from the drive. Drive started at Khatam around 3 and ended at Al Faya around 5:30. Thanks Brian and Sanjay for an excellent day out and thanks to Ahmed bhai for organizing the drive.

Will be going for Umrah next weekend. So will be out for the next few drives. Till then drive safe everyone.

February 1, 2014 at 7:03 pm #28866
    quote mohdadil:

Felt great after a longish time out of the sands. Volunteered to be part of the Learners drive which was ably lead by Brian with Sanjay at the sweep. I am sure the new/few learnt a lot from the drive. Drive started at Khatam around 3 and ended at Al Faya around 5:30. Thanks Brian and Sanjay for an excellent day out and thanks to Ahmed bhai for organizing the drive.

Will be going for Umrah next weekend. So will be out for the next few drives. Till then drive safe everyone.

Adil, you are welcome. it was great to have you with us, thank you for your encouraging words for the Newbie drivers very helpful.

If you are driving to Saudi then our best wishes for the drive, take care on the :drive:

Anonymous
    February 1, 2014 at 7:24 pm #28867

Thank you to Brian and Sanjay for an excellent drive yesterday and all the members who were part of it.

It was a beginner trip but was quiet challenging ๐Ÿ˜€

Was happy to complete it with the LWB F150 :-ss

but half way thru the drive, gained more confidence in handling the car and knowing my car better.

Looking forward to the next drive.

Till then tc everyone

Duli

February 1, 2014 at 7:36 pm #28868

Drive Report

A good sized group gathered at the meeting point. On behalf of the club and the other Marshall’s present I welcomed everybody and held a short drive brief on the afternoons intended activities. Then meeting was then split into 2 groups 1/Newbie Fewbie & 2/ Intermediate. Khalid and Fida teamed up to Lead and sweep the latter group and Sanjay Matthews and I took Group one.

Both convoy;s followed a similar direction towards Fossil, with some challenges in Group one requiring the retirement of one participant who was ably led to safety by Matthews at sweep.

The drive took in some high views, tricky dunes and tracks of all manner. Eric at second lead did a great job of keeping me in sight whilst being a signpost for the rest of the convoy. Managing the family LR with aplomb in the trashed sand around Fossil.

We took in a short break at Camel rock and continued on along tracks and Dunes to the higher ground east of Al Faya. At this stage as all drivers were performing well I brought the drive level up half a notch to further test the skill and learning curve of the team. Of course this presented a different set of challenges, however I’m very pleased to report that the entire squad worked at those challenges and came through with flying colours. Even showing off to a gaggle of our intermediate convoy as we crossed their path mid dune.

The drive progressed on towards saddle point without taking in the high point, next time guys ๐Ÿ˜€ . Crossing paths with a very colourful, friendly bunch of locals gave us a few minutes of entertainment, as did the ‘uber’ quick racing recovery of our lead Marshal from an unexpected pocket with the colourful natives help!!

The drive passed through the throng of the regular Friday afternoon gathering at Al FAya and exited, inflating on the Maliha road. Some of the group returned to the base of the saddle to watch the display of local prowess, Eric lending his extinguisher to a ‘Jeeper’ to put out an engine fire!!

A Huge :thanks: to Sanjay Matthews at sweep, who with calm confidence encouraged the less able to become successful in their challenges.

:thanks: to all participants for your company and special congrats to Alastair and his daughters who did an excellent job on their first time out. Satish who, under Sanjays radio coaching, got to grips with the idea of power being basically ‘Floor it’. Adil my friend thanks for your patience with the team.

Look forward to seeing everybody again soon for another JUST FOR FUN :drive:

:thanks: bj

February 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm #28903

Learner’s+Intermediate Drive on Friday 31st of January 2014.

Attachments:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.