Learners Drive on Friday 29th of March 2013.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Im in…
    Gona be my first drive…

March 28, 2013 at 1:34 pm #24973
    quote 4x4raider:

Im in…
    Gona be my first drive…

Joshi, Welcome to Dubai Offroaders ๐Ÿ™‚
    Enjoy your first drive :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚ :drive:

March 28, 2013 at 6:42 pm #24977

23 & Counting…. :yesss:

March 29, 2013 at 4:24 am #24980

Great initiative! Thanks for organizing this event, look forward to meeting you all…

March 29, 2013 at 1:04 pm #24984
    quote hassansiddiqi:

Great initiative! Thanks for organizing this event, look forward to meeting you all…

Enjoy your :drive:
    ๐Ÿ˜€

March 29, 2013 at 5:16 pm #24986

Track : http://goo.gl/maps/9UYXV
    Details
    Distance: 14.5 kilometers
    Elapsed Time: 37:32.3
    Avg Speed: 23.2 km/h
    Max Speed: 73.6 km/h
    Avg Pace: 2′ 35″ per km
    Min Altitude: 145 m
    Max Altitude: 289 m

Slow speed drive with supports from experienced marshalls & other members, Hope some of the new comers got some better idea about the car & gear details as explained by Optimus Prime. It was extremely short route covering pink rock, Camel Rock and exiting at Malaiha road. Everyone tried their best to make it a safe trip by stopping more than required :)) :)) . Group got a chance to witness the beautiful rainbow near the camel rock. See u again in the sands.. :ymhug:

Note : All new comers must read the off-road driving techniques & deflations as many of us are driving on 4L & on 20~25 PSI, So frequent stucks & lagging can be avoided. Details about shopping for basic things can be found here

Special thanks to Optimus Prime for making this drive enjoyable by the new bee drivers

March 29, 2013 at 6:25 pm #24987

Clear skies with the mercury at 33C … yet another perfect day for offroading !!

I was the first to arrive at the meeting point , but was soon joined by Tommy , Himanshu , Razik with the rest of the convoy trickling in over the next 45minutes.
    Deflation and the customary chit chat was followed by a detailed briefing by Mr. Ahmed and all 27 cars were formed into one large convoy . A truly amazing sight !

The convoy progressed at a moderate rate and the lead segment arrived at Fossil Rock after an hour .
    We proceeded to the top and absorbed the serenity of the surroundings while we waited for the convoy to reform.
    Mr. Ahmed shared his knowledge of the area with us .

The convoy then proceeded to Camel Rock … more chit chat … and we reluctantly exited the desert near Maliha at 6pm.
    (I guess the desert did not want me to leave as I was crested on the very last dune ๐Ÿ˜€ … Mr. Ahmed to the rescue)

:thanks: Mr. Ahmed for organising and executing another successful drive.
    :thanks: Musbah/Saif for your tireless efforts at sweep , ensuring that the entire convoy progressed smoothly
    :thanks: Firoz , Matthews , Razik for your support and management of the convoy
    :thanks: Davidoff, Himanshu , Wasi , Ole , Gabriel and others for the good company

Another memorable Friday afternoon spent with friends. :ymhug:

March 29, 2013 at 6:49 pm #24988

Thanks David and Iqsaan for nice and prompt drive reports :-BD :-BD :-BD :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Happy to know that you guys had good fun ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ :drive: :drive: :drive:

April 1, 2013 at 7:29 pm #25067

:thanks: guys for a nice drive ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.