Liwa calling Again – 18th & 19th of Feb. 2011

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

1.Jessil Alakkal
    2. Ahmad Pervez
    3. Sridhar
    4. Thanseer
    5. Stanly +3
    7. Khalid + 1
    8. brain

11. imran

sorry…also not able to make it…have a good trip

February 16, 2011 at 6:08 pm #13704

1.Jessil Alakkal
    2. Ahmad Pervez
    3. Sridhar
    4. Thanseer
    5. Stanly +3
    6. Khalid + 1
    7. brain
    8. imran

February 20, 2011 at 4:06 am #13710

yes thanks to everyone for a wonderful memorable trip. Want to do it again soon….

February 20, 2011 at 7:47 am #13711

Good liwa trip once again. Many thanks for Mr. Parvez for the lead, naveen and suri for the rescue. Very good team with very few stuck ups, enjoyed the liwa trip in the driving seat for the first time. I was apprehensive in taking my 2.7 lit prado, which did extremely well in negotiating most of the dunes with ease, as Mr. Parvez has rightly commented in the above column. Once again many thanks to all the participants for the wonderful trip.

February 20, 2011 at 8:15 am #13712

An open drive to Liwa..

Who ever thought that could happen. But guess what. DXB Offroaders pulled in off in style.

A total of 20 People in 9 Cars.

We set out early lead by our Liwa vetran Mr. Ahmed Pervez and headed from the car Museum (where we learned that offroaders are not the only ones who can side-slope 😀 )

From there we reached the deflation point where we took the track to the white sands in Hameem (or Himeem as some of the road signs spell it..). Our inital convoy was expertly led by these guys

before Ahmed took over.

At times the track got quite challenging with some exceptionally high dunes with twists and turns on the way down. We had only a few minor stuck situations but these were taken care of with ease by our senior members… (Big thanks to Ali, Imran and Navin for their able assistance).

Along the course of the drive we got to experience the true beauty of what the UAE sands have to offer with some of the highest Dunes I’ve ever seen and the exhilaration of gliding down the slip faces or raw satisfaction of your vehicle defying gravity and scaling the dune till the top. We even managed to get some rare shots of the Gazels prancing along in their element.

But as Ahmed put it. The highlight of these trips is not usually the drive, but the good company of friends and the nights barbecue was a feast to remember. I was the self designated chef for the evening and all the wives and moms really sent their menfolk off to the desert with some of the most best renditions of BBQ favorites.

All in all we covered over 750 Km in Two days.

Thanks a lot for making this an unforgettable experience. For all those that missed out on this opporunity I strongly recommend that you dont miss the next.

Link to the Album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/brian.donegan/LiwaFeb2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOjGy6X8_NqZwAE&feat=directlink

Cheers,

February 20, 2011 at 9:36 am #13715
    quote Bdonegan:

An open drive to Liwa..

Who ever thought that could happen. But guess what. DXB Offroaders pulled in off in style.

A total of 20 People in 9 Cars.

We set out early lead by our Liwa vetran Mr. Ahmed Pervez and headed from the car Museum (where we learned that offroaders are not the only ones who can side-slope 😀 )

From there we reached the deflation point where we took the track to the white sands in Hameem (or Himeem as some of the road signs spell it..). Our inital convoy was expertly led by these guys

before Ahmed took over.

At times the track got quite challenging with some exceptionally high dunes with twists and turns on the way down. We had only a few minor stuck situations but these were taken care of with ease by our senior members… (Big thanks to Ali, Imran and Navin for their able assistance).

Along the course of the drive we got to experience the true beauty of what the UAE sands have to offer with some of the highest Dunes I’ve ever seen and the exhilaration of gliding down the slip faces or raw satisfaction of your vehicle defying gravity and scaling the dune till the top. We even managed to get some rare shots of the Gazels prancing along in their element.

But as Ahmed put it. The highlight of these trips is not usually the drive, but the good company of friends and the nights barbecue was a feast to remember. I was the self designated chef for the evening and all the wives and moms really sent their menfolk off to the desert with some of the most best renditions of BBQ favorites.

All in all we covered over 750 Km in Two days.

Thanks a lot for making this an unforgettable experience. For all those that missed out on this opporunity I strongly recommend that you dont miss the next.

Link to the Album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/brian.donegan/LiwaFeb2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOjGy6X8_NqZwAE&feat=directlink

Cheers,

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Nice trip report Brian or I should say Brain…….
    :)) :)) :))

February 21, 2011 at 6:48 am #13724

agreed with Anil, well done Brain…….. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 22, 2011 at 7:15 am #13727

Thanks Everybody for participating…
    Excellent driving everybody with quite a few less stucks than my own anticipation!!!

If you look at Brian’s Routemap one can see that the finish at Hameem is exactly where we finished the last drive as well but that was traversing west to east over the Dunes that one can see at the bottom left of the pic.

One can clearly see that area as being quite rough even in this satellite pic while the latest drive was over more drive able terrain.

All this discussion is making me yearn for some more Liwa :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh:

February 23, 2011 at 3:53 am #13730

Yes, I agree with you Mr. Pervez. I am sure many more members would like to enjoy one more liwa drive :drive: before the summer begins. Any plans wih in the next 2 or 3 weeks most welcome. :thanks: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.