MARSHAL’S — SHOW US THE PATH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    quote kash:

Kumar

I think there is a demand for the passenger seat. I personally would love to be able to see how the more expert drivers approach different areas. This is one reason Musbah videos are so in demand. Nothing like a live perspective with a running commentary unless some drivers like to concentrate and drive as a solo ride.

My suggestion would be that the Marshall who is posting the drive can solicit interest from passenger via PM and then allocate passengers

Yes, we can do it. May be in the next drive post in intermediate or above will address this.

March 21, 2013 at 11:39 am #24802

Guys, when the drive is posted, we request the drivers to register for the drive. The co-passengers who wants to join any drive with any of the registered members can please co-ordinate with the drivers and check with them….

When there are some exceptions to some of our drives where we include members upon their request, the safety is been considered first… so those who didnt get a chance to register can DEFENITELY join in occupying the passenger seat in any car….but they have to themselves call the Marshal or any other driver in this regard…

For the intermediate drive posted for tomorrow, if you guys can check GKumar’s advance drive post, he has clearly mentioned about the intermediate drive and he has asked all the interested members to contact the lead marshal (me) and I have received calls and PMs from many members, out of which we have selected the convoy based on the convoy strength and skills…… But I havent received any call or PM for any co-passenger request….

So instead of just raising a post on the forum, I would kindly request all the members to just give a call to the Marshal….if his car is already occupied, he himself can arrange for you guys to join some other drivers…

But the request or call or PM has to come from you guys….I hope this clearly solves the question and doubts in lots of minds….. Please call me to clarify any further querries u have…

Cheers

March 21, 2013 at 12:07 pm #24803

Safety comes in my mind thou…
    Since the intermediate/advanced drives are rather more dangerous, the passengers should sign some kind of disclaimer that they trust the driver and in case of any accident (God forbids…) they should not in any case chase/blame/whatever the driver.
    I personally wouldnt like taking responsibility, this is not the safest hobby after all… Maybe Desert Safari as a tour would be the best for passengers who want to “try” first… or EDI has some classes for desert driving, its not very costly…

March 21, 2013 at 12:08 pm #24804
    quote Ganesh:

Guys, when the drive is posted, we request the drivers to register for the drive. The co-passengers who wants to join any drive with any of the registered members can please co-ordinate with the drivers and check with them….

When there are some exceptions to some of our drives where we include members upon their request, the safety is been considered first… so those who didnt get a chance to register can DEFENITELY join in occupying the passenger seat in any car….but they have to themselves call the Marshal or any other driver in this regard…

For the intermediate drive posted for tomorrow, if you guys can check GKumar’s advance drive post, he has clearly mentioned about the intermediate drive and he has asked all the interested members to contact the lead marshal (me) and I have received calls and PMs from many members, out of which we have selected the convoy based on the convoy strength and skills…… But I havent received any call or PM for any co-passenger request….

So instead of just raising a post on the forum, I would kindly request all the members to just give a call to the Marshal….if his car is already occupied, he himself can arrange for you guys to join some other drivers…

But the request or call or PM has to come from you guys….I hope this clearly solves the question and doubts in lots of minds….. Please call me to clarify any further querries u have…

Cheers

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: Tusi Chagaye Dada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm #24805
    quote JustDen:

Since the intermediate/advanced drives are rather more dangerous, the passengers should sign some kind of disclaimer that they trust the driver and in case of any accident (God forbids…) they should not in any case chase/blame/whatever the driver.
    I personally wouldnt like taking responsibility, this is not the safest hobby after all… Maybe Desert Safari as a tour would be the best for passengers who want to “try” first… or EDI has some classes for desert driving, its not very costly…

Excellent Point that is always overlooked ! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 12:59 pm #24806

Hi David, Though I agree with you that most of us would love to spend as much as we can in the sand,either driving ourselves or in the passenger seat of the seniors, but when it comes to asking someone to accommodate us, then it becomes a bit tricky. ‘Cause , it again boils down to personal preferences.

A button can be placed by Hamza and we too can register. BUT, like one of the members pointed out, safety would be of a concern and there could be many other intricacies, due to which we MAY not be invited ( extreme case scenario).

Assuming, that we had clicked the button Hamza may create , say “register for co-passenger” and if we are not selected, then ?

What will happen next is we will be sending a message asking to notify us of not being selected by such and such time so that we can plan our day/night elsewhere ๐Ÿ˜€ so on and so forth.

Again, it is their CHOICE and not ours. This is embedded in life man.

This is a delicate issue and I personally feel that Ganesh’s idea of calling the Marshal for such drives and leave a request message with him (without any expectations) would be the best thing to do.

If luck strikes, good , else no ill will. ( Again , how many of us would not feel bad if we had requested but for some reason they couldn’t accomodate? )

Cheers buddy. If my words arent enough, I invite you to be in my passenger seat for this week & lets :ymparty: :ymdevil:

March 21, 2013 at 1:05 pm #24807
    quote JustDen:

Excellent Point that is always overlooked ! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 1:05 pm #24808

When we come into this drive all advised us that its risky, Since the first newbie drive many people didn’t came back, Some stayed back..Its all about safety & courage that makes through lot of experience. People need training to be safe, those who are afraid, signing disclaimers, making blames should not be in this risky fun. I believe this is having similar risk to a cliffhanger…as the common slogan says it all “Your safety is our priority”. What next…Have fun on fridays & watch for me in the Dunes of BIG RED….as a passenger

March 21, 2013 at 1:40 pm #24811

B-) David

March 21, 2013 at 2:06 pm #24813
    quote JustDen:

Very valid point Denis :-BD :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm #24814

Dear All,

Lets not pull it more long, any one interested to be a co passenger in any intermediate or advance drive just call the marshal if can accommodate will revert back & if not reply from the marshal, wait till u get to that level to drive.
    dont make it complicate & sour. enjoy & have fun.

Hamza plz lock the topic

March 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm #24818
    quote Khalil_mtl:

quote JustDen:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm #24841
    quote Amjed:

Hamza plz lock the topic

Is this really going to be the new DO solution mantra to every opinion voiced ??? At this rate we wont have a forum left with open topics to discuss.

A member raised concerns and suggestions (some valid and some invalid in my opinion, well I am allowed to have my opinion) which were very well addressed by Ganesh and Kumar directly by being to the point. A few other members pitched in with their valid opinions as well. Is this not the very purpose of discussing topics on forums ? All in all this has been a healthy discussion and I fail to see what has been offensive that this topic needs to be locked.

Well this is just my 2 bits and if the club management still feels that this is topic should be locked then its eventually their call.

March 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm #24846
    quote zarir:

quote Amjed:

Hamza plz lock the topic

Is this really going to be the new DO solution mantra to every opinion voiced ??? At this rate we wont have a forum left with open topics to discuss.

A member raised concerns and suggestions (some valid and some invalid in my opinion, well I am allowed to have my opinion) which were very well addressed by Ganesh and Kumar directly by being to the point. A few other members pitched in with their valid opinions as well. Is this not the very purpose of discussing topics on forums ? All in all this has been a healthy discussion and I fail to see what has been offensive that this topic needs to be locked.

Well this is just my 2 bits and if the club management still feels that this is topic should be locked then its eventually their call.

The intention was just clearing the confusion being & as the solution is sorted out ,that was only reason mentioned to lock the topic instead of creating a controversy.
    everyone is free to express & discus here openly.

March 28, 2013 at 11:02 am #24967
    quote Amjed:

quote zarir:

quote Amjed:

Hamza plz lock the topic

The intention was just clearing the confusion being & as the solution is sorted out ,that was only reason mentioned to lock the topic instead of creating a controversy.
    everyone is free to express & discus here openly.

Seems like the 2 posts above have moved away from the central theme of the topic. Davidoff rode shotgun with Ganesh last week and that seemed to work for both of them. DVG rode shotgun with Humayun about a month back and that also worked out.

Seems like the door is open to experience by mutual consent of participating adults ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.