Need help with Upgrade – FJ Cruiser

• Author

Hey Guys,

Just got my new ride yesterday, FJ Cruiser 2009 Full options with factory bash plate, seems to be in great condition with just 52000 original KMs with full service history. Below is the list of upgrades am planning for the car urgently.

1) Flag Pole: I know new FJs come with flag mount pre-built in door hinges in the back, is this something that can be done for an old one too? if not then I will try other usual options.
    2) Suspension: Which one is recommended for this car? main purpose of car is Weekend fun and weekdays its 30KM drive on SZR, so I really want something that is the best for weekend.
    3) Tires: Car came with MAXX H/T manufactured 2012 in good condition, anyone using this? I want some feedback from you guys if anyone already used this before.
    4) Tow hook: I am looking for the ones like you get for Land Cruiser or Like I had in my Pajero.. I need this urgently today, cant miss tomorrow :drive: :drive:

Thanks for all advises in advance :ymhug:

November 20, 2014 at 8:56 am #31358

Vijay,

I would not recommend any modifications to your car except for flag pole, good skid plate which and tyres if required unless you make a minimum 10 drives.

Pls don’t think of upgrading your suspension unless you know your car very well otherwise you will risk your life and limb. You are now a newbie in this car new FJ. You need atleast 10 to 20 drives to understand your car better in terms of handling and comfort.

Make two or three drives then if you not happy with your tyres go for Michelin. You will love your car onroad and offroad with this tyres.

For Skid plate, flag pole, towing hook I would recommend you to go Al Suwaidi Garage Contact Mannan 050 8993557 where most of our Marshals done the modifications. Recently it was Asharaf so you can ask him opinion.

November 20, 2014 at 10:42 am #31361

Mubrooook For new car Bro.

And am agree with Humayon 100%

Good luck and be Safe

November 20, 2014 at 11:26 am #31365

Congrats on the new ride Vijay. I have a 2008 stock FJ so if you need any help or have any queries then do give me a shout.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.