NEW/FEW/INTER FRIDAY PM DRIVE 30th JAN 2015

• Author

Day and date :Friday 30th Jan , 2015
    Drive Type : Newbie/Fewbie/Intermediate
    Meeting Point :Badayer Shops on Dubai-Hatta Highway (E44)
    24.954907, 55.714137 /degrees (DD.dddddยฐ) just copy and paste in Google maps
    N 24 57.294, E 55 42.848 /degrees, minutes (DDยฐMM.mmmโ€™)GPS User

Meeting Time: 02:00 pm (please deflate as you arrive)
    Drive Start: 02:15 pm
    Drive End: 06:00 pm
    Drive Route: area 53/Pyramids
    Drive Terrain: soft & tricky dunes, sand tracks, Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Huge Bowls
    Duration: 3 hours minimum
    Finishing point: Badayer Shops
    Convoy Allocation: Will be posted on Thursday evening, kindly tune in to respective channels as you arrive.

NewB – Channel 5
    1.Sanjay
    2.Baher
    3.Tipson
    4.Jean
    5.Abo El Heed
    6.H_rladeveze
    7.Ahmed&Wien
    8.Venkat_K75
    9.Krister
    10.Yohanbaria
    11.Sunil

FewB – Channel 6
    1. Saj
    2.Rocklad
    3.Aymankhan
    4.John.xterra
    5.Sridhara
    6.Bumohamed
    7.Bahaa999
    8.Ashraf
    9.Anastb

Intermediate – Channel 6
    1.Duncan
    2.Joe
    3.WFperryman
    4.Offroad
    5.Badboy
    6.Singh
    7.Erik
    8.Vijay

Checklist:-
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry compressor with you and ensure its in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipment’s that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Off roaders – Disclaimer

Regards,

Sanjay Matthews
    055 5617510

January 27, 2015 at 11:30 am #31846

Good to see Sridhara in the line-up after a long time. Hopefully will join you guys ๐Ÿ™‚ .

January 28, 2015 at 6:26 am #31854
    quote Saj:

Good to see Sridhara in the line-up after a long time. Hopefully will join you guys ๐Ÿ™‚ .

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymparty: :ymparty:

January 28, 2015 at 10:31 am #31859

Where are the fewbies(1 Star) gone? No registrations yet from them ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

January 28, 2015 at 6:51 pm #31864

Hi Sajid,
    It seems,that I will not be able to manage to drive this Friday as one of the from the fewbees, although i was looking forward to it. :ymsigh:
    As always said see you next drive…
    Regards,
    Mustafa

January 29, 2015 at 6:25 am #31866
    quote mustuz:

Hi Sajid,
    It seems,that I will not be able to manage to drive this Friday as one of the from the fewbees, although i was looking forward to it. :ymsigh:
    As always said see you next drive…
    Regards,
    Mustafa

No worries Mustafa. See you next week ๐Ÿ™‚ .

January 29, 2015 at 1:25 pm #31876

Yes, Saj – Humayun, it’s been a long time, lets catchup tomorrow to relive the moments, Where is ahmed bhai .

January 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm #31877

Great line up! and glad we have three very well distributed convoys this time.
    Looking forward for the drive tomorrow guys! it’s been a while…

January 29, 2015 at 2:19 pm #31878

Woow, Each drive is excited more than the previous one ๐Ÿ™‚
    Super excited…. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Bahaa

January 30, 2015 at 10:28 pm #31882

:thanks: guys for a very pleasant fewbie drive with a great lead by saj/asharaf ๐Ÿ™‚
    it might have gone at a slow pace at times due to some under-powered vehicles that struggled on a few steep climbs. Never the less, all drivers showed progress and good driving capabilities, particularly Rocklad, aymankhan and h_rladeveze… well done :yesss:

the sweep went smooth most of the time without any major recoveries or pop-outs and thanks to anastb for his assistance as usual ๐Ÿ™‚

in general it was a fun time without much hassle.
    looking forward to seeing u all again on the upcoming DO drive…

cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

January 31, 2015 at 5:05 am #31883

Indeed it was a good drive,
    Though we had to have a slight change in plan..considering the time left for sun down and the distance to cover..
    All drivers did drive well, except few convoy breaks in between..and…I would suggest this has to be take care of and have to be considered bit more seriously..
    All drivers did drive well..may be this route was first time for few..so there were few refusals and detours to be made…

Great support Joe..
    See you all soon..next time
    In Sha Allah..
    Drive safe..Have fun

Anonymous
    January 31, 2015 at 6:15 am #31884

It’s been a pleasure driving with you all. I really appreciated the relaxed atmosphere and the warm welcome.

I can’t wait for the next trip :drive:

January 31, 2015 at 6:51 am #31885

Yup we had a lot of yesterday.

Thanks all ๐Ÿ™‚

January 31, 2015 at 2:07 pm #31886

The fewbie convoy had a good run starting from Badayer and navigating through the Pyramids and then towards the rear of Iftar Bowl where we synced up with the Intermediate convoy for a little chit-chat. It was around this time that my co-passenger and one of the drivers felt unwell :ymsick: so we decided to head out and call it a day ๐Ÿ™ .

Thank you Asharaf for taking over the lead and Joe for your support as usual :thanks: .

It would be nice to hear from the other drivers about their feedback as Asharaf rightly said that it might have been the first time that you were on this route or in the fewbie convoy. Ayman as second lead did a good job :ymapplause: .

See you guy soon for another day out in the sand.

February 1, 2015 at 9:41 am #31887

:drive: :drive: Many thanks to Saj & Ashraf for an interesting drive. Coming back from hibernation of almost five months, it was a memorable drive. Very happy to see new faces who are driving in tricky situations too good. There was no major hick ups due to moisture in the sand. Once again many thanks for all the team members for wonderful company look forward to many more in the coming weeks. :thanks: :thanks: :drive:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.