Newbee + Intermediate Drive on 31/08/12

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Dear Marshal,kindly put Fida in my convoy.Fida is very good driver of intermedite level.I ll be thankful to you. :thanks:
    :-w

August 31, 2012 at 8:29 am #18674
    quote aemi98:

Dear Marshal,kindly put Fida in my convoy.Fida is very good driver of intermedite level.I ll be thankful to you. :thanks:
    :-w

+1

August 31, 2012 at 9:59 am #18675

I would like to join ur drive please! Intermediate level. Not been with the group for a while : ) looking forward.

August 31, 2012 at 10:42 am #18676

Sorry,unable to make it today. Wish everyone happy and safe drive.

August 31, 2012 at 8:15 pm #18680

Hi

knowing there will be many technical reports on todays trip which had 38 cars ( A RECORD?) but all i would like to say is …..

it was a wonderful experience being the second lead with Abdulla , who was amazing doing very tricky dunes and all one could expect on a real technical drive. But Abdullah would have preferred more.

Thanks Chief for your confidence in me and congrats to every one.

waiting to see the report from sam and tushar

have e good week end and look forward to the next one.

good night

September 1, 2012 at 4:18 am #18683

Tushar thanks for a great drive. Barring the initial hiccups we had pretty much a fast drive with just 1 or 2 minor stops. The line chosen was great to drive on and enjoyable. :thanks:

It was heartening to see the extra large turn out of 38 cars. Dubai Offroaders practically captured and monopolised Iftar Bowl with all but one convoys meeting there. Truly a sight worth seeing.

Would like to take this opportunity to make a suggestion that even when we disburse off from Iftar Bowl to inflation point we should ideally be heading back only in our respective convoys rather than a “one convoy” concept. This would prove to be a far safer options with less members “straying” as did yesterday. It would also make the marshal’s life much easier in knowing if any one is missing. Just a humble suggestion and the eventual decision is always the marshals to take.

Looking forward to the next drive.

September 1, 2012 at 6:10 am #18685
    quote Tushar:

1. A great Birthday bash for Ashok at Iftar Bowl, with Ganesh getting a delicious black forest cake, and also managing to keep it in one piece all through the drive.

Thank you for giving me the surprise treatment and made my day more special with you guys..

Special thanks to Ganesh for the delicious cake.

Tushar, thank you again for the wonderful lead and the detailed report.

Regards

September 1, 2012 at 8:29 am #18692

It was a very nice drive and a very good experience to go and rescue a car in the night following coordinates given. I am happy I have a winch, which gives me that kind of opportunities.

I would like to say that I am really impressed on Tushar’s navigation skills. He took us to the first rescue site and then back to another one…..and I had no clue where we were…. ๐Ÿ˜€ Not simple to do that at night!

I also would like to say that I felt extremely comfortable going to that rescue because Tushar and Saif where there with me. Driving in the sand is like going diving…. we should never do that alone…and if experienced people are with you, is much better….but if a Dubai Offroaders’ Marshal is with you, that is perfect.

Great day yesterday!

On a different note, seems like my newbee friend Miguel broke a record yesterday of most stucks in a single drive? About 7? :drive: Do we keep track on that? ๐Ÿ˜€

September 1, 2012 at 9:12 am #18694

Unfortunately I didn’t get to drive this week. My car overheated, luckily before we left, so I left it at Badayar. I joined GKumar in his car which was an enjoyable experience. Got to learn from the master ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks Kumar.

When I got home I discovered that my car was really low on coolant. I’ll top it up today and see if there is a leak somewhere or that it spilled some fluid because it overheated. Hope to be back next week. Really “hungry” for some sand now, the Cherokee too ๐Ÿ˜€

September 1, 2012 at 7:02 pm #18696

Good eveing all in the family
    i am sorry the trip report is lake , i had a lot to do today .
    inshallah next time it will on time .
    to start. friday we had a awsom site of seeing 38 cars linedup for the trip.
    the management divided the convoy to 3 and i was given the honer’s of leading an intermediate trip . we were 10 cars and we called the trip , DUNES and BOWLS .
    we hit the dunes and climed 1 after the other , played the bowls, did some side crests.
    we did have few 2nd trys and 1 pop out. i started to he to iftar bowl. around 6pm, but coz of couple of stuch wich , that time i thought we will reach there late.
    i desieded to head to bedayer shops for inflation. and soon after the other convys arived.

thank u all who was in my convoy, and look forward , to do it again.

thank u all who joind the all the trips. u all made friday a realy big event.

September 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm #18698

Nothing more from me to add to the awesome trip report of Tushar :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Being away from sand for a long time didn’t allow me to skip this great drive with one of the highest number of participants in near past, making me drive straight to the meeting point on arrival :p

Wanted to regain the lost touch by driving free at sweep in Tushar’s intermediate convoy, but my plan didnt last long ๐Ÿ™ Couple of newbies lost their convoy and joined our intermediate drive. Since most of them were absolute newbies, the intermediate convoy started facing trouble in maintaining momentum. At this point it was decided with the lead to form another convoy for the newbies to take them safe to Iftar Bowl with myself at lead and excellent sweep by Saif :ymapplause: :thanks:

Heartiest appreciation to Ashok and shotgun rider Mujeeb for the great rescue job in dark on the return drive. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I believe they have recovered around 4 cars which got crested back to back ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

After the rescue team returned to Iftar bowl to recover the LC (who undervalued our advice and ventured alone to Badayer) the left out cars were heading to Badayer. Darkness made our life difficult, a simple dune turned out to be an unattainable task for most of the cars resulted in cresting back to back. With the rescue support of Ashok all cars crossed the last dune for the tracks to Badayer, but a heavy truck going nose down in a pit forced us to wait for the rescue team to return for winch support to recover the truck. Special appreciation to Saif for the smooth recovery of the truck ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ and Rob you were yesterday’s high value rescuer :-BD :-BD :-BD

It was a great return for me to sands and I really enjoyed the whole event. Hope you all had good time as well and look forward to see you all again in sand very soon.

:thanks: Chris for your good company and it was my pleasure, you riding shotgun with me

Expecting detailed trip report of Newbie convoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Couple of learning points observed during the event:-
    a) Convoy rules to be followed till reaching the inflation point.
    b) All participants to carry enough water for self as well as for co-passengers. Little excess quantity in spare is highly advised.
    c) All participants to have a compatible radio with basic operational knowledge.
    d) Participants to have complete operational knowledge of their cars (features, options, 4×4 features). If not sure, needs to consult and confirm with the marshals prior to the drive.

September 1, 2012 at 7:33 pm #18699

it was very nice drive and good turn around of 38 cars which is a great achievement of our club. Thanks to the managemnet for organizing / coordination a very nice drive safely..our club is growing and we all should be proud of it. Thanks to the founder and the management team once again.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.