Newbee ++ Morning Drive on 19/10/12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I’m in.
    My brother and a friend are visiting me in Dubai next week. Now let’s see if I can convince them to wake up early on friday and join me in the Cherokee ๐Ÿ˜€

October 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm #19655

Myself

October 15, 2012 at 8:50 pm #19657
    quote tanveermd:

Myself

u r most welcome to have fun in sands with our club…

October 16, 2012 at 9:38 am #19664

Hey,

Where can I get a flag to put on my car?

Thanks,
    Amer El-Kalache

October 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm #19676

I have to opt out this week unfortunately. My cousin bro’s wanted me to join them for a trip this Friday morning so I wont miss the dunes as the Sand Viper has bit me as well ๐Ÿ™‚ . I will join you guys next week . Miss you guys this week #-o #-o See you all next week. take care & have a safe & amazing trip as always with DO’s !!! :drive: :drive:

October 18, 2012 at 9:26 am #19714

looking forward to joining the drive with my new prado.

October 18, 2012 at 9:54 am #19715
    quote sridhara:

Welcome to the sands, for your new ride and welcome back to you sir :-BD Hope chief is going to make a safe route at Area 53 for testing your new ride…. ๐Ÿ˜€

October 18, 2012 at 10:11 am #19716
    quote sridhara:

Welcome back Sir and mabrook for your new ride in sands…

October 18, 2012 at 12:54 pm #19723

Convoy allotment is done! Please refer the very first post for the convoy details.
    Please contact your respective convoy leads for further details and also in case of any changes.
    Drive safe, have good fun :drive: :drive: :drive:

October 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm #19726

Thankyou Sirs for allowing me to join
    But there’s a little change in the driver’s name
    It’s UmmRyhan (Mother of Ryhan)
    Ryhan is too young to drive ๐Ÿ˜‰

October 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm #19727
    quote UmmRyhan:

Thankyou Sirs for allowing me to join
    But there’s a little change in the driver’s name
    It’s UmmRyhan (Mother of Ryhan)
    Ryhan is too young to drive ๐Ÿ˜‰

Corrected…. ๐Ÿ˜€ See u tomorrow…… :drive: :drive: :drive:

October 18, 2012 at 6:10 pm #19730

Thankyou Sir, we also have co-pilot AbuRyhan (firoztv)

October 18, 2012 at 6:54 pm #19731
    quote UmmRyhan:

Thankyou Sir, we also have co-pilot AbuRyhan (firoztv)

AbuRyhan didnt register for the drive, therefore no entry :)) :)) :))

October 19, 2012 at 9:27 am #19734

It was a great line up of 17 cars of early morning birds in 3 convoys to explore Area 53 :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚

The drive started a little late by around 30 minutes than to the scheduled start time, after a very detailed newbee briefing on basics of vehicle preparation, sand driving and convoy rules. All those tips and guidelines were very well comprehended by all drivers, making the drive very smooth with good momentum, despite the drive route being on dunes rather than the conventional newbee tracks :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

We never had the usual newbee hiccups though we had few absolute newbees in the convoy :-BD I am thankful to the great support and excellent coordination at sweep by the vigorous Duke and veteran Sridhar in his new ride. Few hesitations were swiftly resolved by the sweep team facilitating good momentum to the drive. Thank you guys :thanks: awesome job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

All 3 convoys were assigned the common meeting point near Badayer shops. I was amazed to notice the newbee drive pace on reaching the common meeting point in a very short time ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Thereby, we took another leap towards pyramids where we had a very warm coffee break. Thanks to โ€œSridhar & COโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ for the great hospitality :thanks:

Guys & lady, you all exhibited commendable driving, tackled the dunes, drops and short side slopes with ease. Never there was a newbee drive feel. I should say, you all have the proficiency to become great offroaders in future :-BD UmmRyhan, I see in you a prospective lady marshal :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚

The big boys, Side Sloper and Hulk and their respective convoys too did an amazing job by reaching the common meeting point much early and effortlessly, cruising across the dunes. Great job Gerry, Jayesh :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: very good lead at a tricky terrain :-BD :-BD :-BD

At the common meeting point all 3 convoys got merged and headed to Iftar Bowl via tracks in a single convoy. Kamikazes displayed their adrenaline rush at Iftar Bowlโ€ฆ. Few newbees got inspired and safely attempted Iftar Bowl with seniorโ€™s advises and tips. Good job Mehul, by repeated attempts you finally took your Pajero to top of Iftar Bowl :-BD

We reached Badayer shops by 10.30am, all vehicles and drivers were intact ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks to Chief for the idea to split the group in 3 convoys, giving chance to all for enough fun, matching their skills :-BD Me too quite happy, had a good drive and fun and could reach home before noon ๐Ÿ™‚ can spend rest of the day for family ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am sorry for you Hasnain as you couldn’t try your ride due to its incompatibility in sands. Thanks to Mattews for offering a ride to Hasnain and kids. Thank you all for the great company and look forward to drive many more with you all again :thanks: :drive:

October 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm #19735

My first ever drive as a Lead, :thanks: chief showing enough trust in me, started at 7:30AM the drive was fast paced and all the drivers coped well with no hiccups at all, we reached badyer in no time so we again set off to the dunes for short adventure and came back to badayer to meet the on coming new-bee convoy led by tiger along with Gerry’s convoy.

Mehul,Khdi,& amer hope u guys enjoyed the drive,thanks for accompanying.

it was a wonderful experience !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.