Newbie/Fewbee & Intermediate Drive 18 April’14

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

It was a very handsome turnout of 27+ cars yesterday 🙂 . It is heartening to see members braving the onset of summer for some fun in the sands. Even more pleasing was the punctuality and discipline of the members :ymapplause:

The lead marshal Duncan split the convoy into three groups of Newbie/Fewbie, Intermediate and Advanced. There were some first timers as well and I hope they enjoyed their outing with DO :ymhug: .

The Advance convoy comprised of our very own Quick Gun Humayun, Faheem, Kalandar, Mehboob, Abdulla and myself. Humayun graciously requested Abdulla to lead the Advance convoy as a mark of respect for his seniority :-BD . The Advanced convoy rolled out precisely at 14:45 and the fun began. Initially Abdulla tested the comfort level of the convoy by maintaining a leisurely pace and vertical cresting. The sand was very soft and it was almost 40 degrees out there which resulted in a couple of stucks in the beginning. Once the lead got comfortable, he upped the ante and took us to the top of Pyramids which was our first stop. From there on, we proceeded to Iftar Bowl and played around a bit before heading to Superbowl for some more playtime. We also side crested over to the rear of Superbowl and spent a quite a bit of time playing around :yesss: till Abdulla asked us to come back and head-out to the exit via Iftar Bowl. Off we went again to Iftar Bowl and then headed out to Badayer. For me personally, this was the best part of the drive as it was full of fast pace, side cresting, ridge riding with no breather till the we almost reached Badayer to help out a couple of stuck machines. One of them was a dune buggy!!!

I also got the opportunity to test the newly installed fan in my rig to get rid of the “Hot Oil Message” error which used to pop-up frequently. I am glad to say that the fan seems to be working and I hope it stays that way :YMPRAY:

Thank you Abdulla for the lead and Humayun for the sweep duties :thanks:

I hope the other convoys had a good day out as well and it would be nice if you share your experience(good or bad) with us through a drive report.

The Route Map :

Attachments:

April 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm #29831

A nice day of dune riding with none another then the Dune Rider himself…thanx Abdullah for a great lead and thanx humayun for the sweep, and last but not least thanx Duncan for posting this drive, looking forward to driving with u next time out…till then have fun and be safe guys.

April 20, 2014 at 2:24 am #29832

Hello,

Once again it was a very nice drive and dunes after dunes I am learning more :drive:

Thanks to Duncan , Baher and Denis for their time and advices

Jean Pierre

April 20, 2014 at 4:31 am #29833

Thank you all for the positive feedback. It was our (marshalls) pleasure to have you all on the drive especially with the hotter weather upon us.

It was a great turnout on Friday with 30+ cars and I am very grateful for everyone being on time. This allowed for the drives to get underway as planned with the Advanced and intermediate convoys leaving ahead of the scheduled time which gave me plenty of time for the newbie briefing.

We had 3 new members this week joining us and only 1 official newbie with first time in the sands. We set off from Tawi Nazwa with the hope of reaching Iftar Bowl. We progressed very well with a few stucks which were quickly pulled by Baher and Dennis and a big thank you to you both for your support. After a few km’s the convoy got into the swing of things and so I was allowed to up the tempo crossing dunes and performing multiple drops in quick succession. This was the best newbie lineup I have driven with and this gave me great hope as we moved towards the first of the big hunters dunes. Sadly, at this point we were hit with a cracked radiator and blown gasket of a jeep and so after dennis having a quick look at the situation, we decided a quick exit for the jeep was necessary. Thankfully we had a beats to do some towing in an F150 and the jeep was quickly recovered to Badayer Shops. At this point a few members decided to leave which left me with a smaller and more experienced convoy. From this point we decided to climb the 2 big dunes next to badayer shops with everyone making it to the top. We then played around here for 30 minutes as the sun was setting before exiting at dark.

Everyone on Fridays drive performed very well in the sands and I look forward to driving with you all in the future.

I encourage you all to write up your own drive reports no matter how brief as it is a great gauge for the club and Marshalls alike so that we can keep giving you guys what you want for your Friday playtime.

Until next time………………………. :drive: safe

April 20, 2014 at 6:17 am #29834
    quote DuncanField:

It was a great turnout on Friday with 30+ cars and I am very grateful for everyone being on time. This allowed for the drives to get underway as planned with the Advanced and intermediate convoys leaving ahead of the scheduled time which gave me plenty of time for the newbie briefing.

I stand corrected. It was difficult to keep a tab on the number of vehicles at Tawi and I realised later that the number of registrations had crossed the 30 mark.

Great show guys :yesss: I also hope that Remi Rossi had a positive experience this time after his disappointment last week.

Please write your reports and share your experience. It is a way of recognising the effort and time that the marshals put in every week for all of us and also helps them to improvise on future drives.

April 20, 2014 at 6:26 am #29836
    quote Saj:

quote DuncanField:

I stand corrected. It was difficult to keep a tab on the number of vehicles at Tawi and I realised later that the number of registrations had crossed the 30 mark.

Great show guys :yesss: I also hope that Remi Rossi had a positive experience this time after his disappointment last week.

Please write your reports and share your experience. It is a way of recognising the effort and time that the marshals put in every week for all of us and also helps them to improvise on future drives.

Thanks Sajid for your excellent report. As usual nothing more to add to it. Thanks to one and all who joined and made this drive success.

April 20, 2014 at 7:10 am #29839

Many thanks to Duncan and the Marshalls for a good trek and afternoon in the dunes.

April 20, 2014 at 12:56 pm #29850

One more great day at sands…It’s was like a carnival…yes carnival of the offroaders :yesss: Thanks Duncan.

I believe people come in hordes, when Duncan and Humayun post drives 😉

I was assigned to lead the fewbee convey with Razik, the official sweep marshal :thanks: at the back.

Musatafah, Dr. Sajjadi, Jerin, Multani (naseem), David, Burak, Amer ….. a good fewbee convey.

A relaxing drive from tawi thru pyramids into the Iftar bowl :drive: . Except for the single poput, everthing went well.

Friends, the only thing we have to point out to you all is that, please prepare the recovery tools for yourself and carry the correct ones 😮 , which suits your vehicle.

Don’t expect that someone will carry always a three ton or higher size hydraulic jack 🙁 🙁

Nice to know that the other 2 convoys too did well…couldn’t meet you guys at the end; as it was already dark, when we exited Iftar Bowl.

April 20, 2014 at 2:51 pm #29854
    quote firoztv:

One more great day at sands…It’s was like a carnival…yes carnival of the offroaders :yesss: Thanks Duncan.

I believe people come in hordes, when Duncan and Humayun post drives 😉

I was assigned to lead the fewbee convey with Razik, the official sweep marshal :thanks: at the back.

Musatafah, Dr. Sajjadi, Jerin, Multani (naseem), David, Burak, Amer ….. a good fewbee convey.

A relaxing drive from tawi thru pyramids into the Iftar bowl :drive: . Except for the single poput, everthing went well.

Friends, the only thing we have to point out to you all is that, please prepare the recovery tools for yourself and carry the correct ones 😮 , which suits your vehicle.

Don’t expect that someone will carry always a three ton or higher size hydraulic jack 🙁 🙁

Nice to know that the other 2 convoys too did well…couldn’t meet you guys at the end; as it was already dark, when we exited Iftar Bowl.

Thanks for doing a great job at leading firoztv. Much appreciated.

I echo your views on the drive and as it was my first few be drive the difficulty level helped me improve my skills in the sand. Still got a lot of learning to but eager to keep on learning.

Thanks to Duncan for arranging the drive.

April 20, 2014 at 4:23 pm #29856

i really miss because of internet disturbance at home and phone…..missed this fabulous drive.

April 21, 2014 at 6:33 pm #29876

Thanks Duncan, Baher, Dennis, and everyone I met for the first time on my first trip with DO, which was more than I expected. Aside from the fun drive, I did not feel at all as a stranger, and I do certainly look forward to meet up with you in the sands again once a trip I can join is posted.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.