NEWBIE + FEWBEE – FRIDAY AFTERNOON DRIVE – 18/01/2013

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    quote Ganesh:

Thanks Mitch for your comments and Iam happy to know to really enjoyed the drive and the experience…

Hope to see you regularly every weekend…

Cheers

Hey Ganesh,

You will see me again however Im rarely off on Fridays so I cant attend every weekend. I dont have a regular job with weekends off. But if I happen to be off when the drives are taking place Im there behind you.

Already planning a trip to Dragon mart to get a radio.

Cheers

January 19, 2013 at 4:53 pm #22222

Sorry for the report coming late…..actually I was waiting to see everyone’s comments about their experience of the afternoon drive on Friday..

The meeting point was same as the morning drive and we all gathered at Tawi and waited for Thanseer to be back after his morning session and Kumar led the newbee convoy with myself at the sweep and Saif as the moderator…

We reached the deflation point near the farms and Kumar gave a very nice detailed breifing about the drive as we had very new faces amongst the crowd…We were in total 12 cars…the entire drive was done with ease with minimal stucks and speedy recoveries…

The lead marshal – Our Brigadier – GKumar πŸ™‚ did a fantastic job as always to plan a very suitable drive keeping in mind the first timers in our convoy….

David was the last car before me and he was driving with ease with his huge Armada…Dhaval was perfect with his pajero everywhere…Doctor too showed a good show with his fortuner…We had one pop out of the Land cruiser Prado…and a couple of stucks by another fortuner…but everything was well handled by our brigadier Saif Khan with his expertise….

We had a nice time at the pink rock….everyone made their efforts to reach on the top and played for some time in that area….The fewbee convoy led by Thanseer also reached at the same point and we had a lovely picture of the entire 22 cars (posted on facebook)….

Everyone got the opportunity to feel and notice the great humanitarian nature of the marshals and members of our club – the brilliant job done by Kumar & Saif in getting the lost Saudi boy back to his parents…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Kumar then marched the new bee convoy back to tawi just before sunset as scheduled…

Special thanks and kuddos to all the members of our club who participated in the drive and I was totally overwelhmed by the response and support of all the members……Such an entertaining crowd helps the marshals of the club to organise much more interesting drives for everyone…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Keep driving with DO and keep the spirit on….See you guys for another dashing drive….and best of luck to all who are going to Liwa…please miss me :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Cheers….

January 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm #22231
    quote Ganesh:

Sorry for the report coming late…..actually I was waiting to see everyone’s comments about their experience of the afternoon drive on Friday..

The meeting point was same as the morning drive and we all gathered at Tawi and waited for Thanseer to be back after his morning session and Kumar led the newbee convoy with myself at the sweep and Saif as the moderator…

We reached the deflation point near the farms and Kumar gave a very nice detailed breifing about the drive as we had very new faces amongst the crowd…We were in total 12 cars…the entire drive was done with ease with minimal stucks and speedy recoveries…

The lead marshal – Our Brigadier – GKumar πŸ™‚ did a fantastic job as always to plan a very suitable drive keeping in mind the first timers in our convoy….

David was the last car before me and he was driving with ease with his huge Armada…Dhaval was perfect with his pajero everywhere…Doctor too showed a good show with his fortuner…We had one pop out of the Land cruiser Prado…and a couple of stucks by another fortuner…but everything was well handled by our brigadier Saif Khan with his expertise….

We had a nice time at the pink rock….everyone made their efforts to reach on the top and played for some time in that area….The fewbee convoy led by Thanseer also reached at the same point and we had a lovely picture of the entire 22 cars (posted on facebook)….

Everyone got the opportunity to feel and notice the great humanitarian nature of the marshals and members of our club – the brilliant job done by Kumar & Saif in getting the lost Saudi boy back to his parents…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Kumar then marched the new bee convoy back to tawi just before sunset as scheduled…

Special thanks and kuddos to all the members of our club who participated in the drive and I was totally overwelhmed by the response and support of all the members……Such an entertaining crowd helps the marshals of the club to organise much more interesting drives for everyone…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Keep driving with DO and keep the spirit on….See you guys for another dashing drive….and best of luck to all who are going to Liwa…please miss me :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Cheers….

Well done Ganesh as usual :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

January 19, 2013 at 5:57 pm #22232

Friends, I will post my report of Fewbie Drive by tomorrow. As usual now I can’t write ‘Kumar & Ganesh already write everything in their report, so nothing left for me to write’ such line in my report as they were in Newbie convoy.

Where are the reports from Fewbie convoy members. Come on guys express your experience and feelings about the drive. This is an open forum. Your inputs will be very valuable for us and help us to plan the drives with more fun.

January 19, 2013 at 8:50 pm #22237

I have decided to write the report for the Fewbee evening drive although I know it will not be as good as Ganesh report or Gkumar, and Thanseer reports style.
    All drivers gathered at the meeting point and it was nice to see Gkumar giving me the treat brought by Roshan because I was supposed to attend morning drive and I missed joining the drive for a reason was beyond my control. :thanks:

Drive started as planned without noticeable delays and the convoy leaded by Brigadier Thanseer drove to the deflation point. All started the deflation process and then Lead Marshal Thanseer briefed the drivers on the plan and we started the adventure following our lead marshal on the track he planned. The track was really great and we have tried all possible driving techniques such as side slopes, crossing ridges, climbing high dunes, and fun drive was really done safely. (Fun and Safe :drive: )

Firoz was the second lead …. And I was the last before Amjed. During the drive the convoy had few stucks and Amjed assigned to me sweeping responsibilities which I carried out the task with pleasure and lots of excitements.

Everyone did perfect and we continued our drive till we reached the Pink Rock where we gathered with the first convoy leaded by Brigadier Gkumar and the total 21 cars parked in one row in an amazing style. Pictures was taken and uploaded by Ganesh on the Facebook.

On the way back the lead Marshal Thanseer asked the drivers if they like to head away to the big red before going to the end point and Amjed suggested going to the end point (Tawi Nazwa) before the sunset. It was God willing to go to Tawi nazwa.

In fact we reached the inflation point before B. Gkumar convoy and her let us have a little break and allow me to tell you why Man proposes and God disposes.

At the time of gathering I had a few minutes discussion with a newbee ( I forgot his name 8-| ) and I was showing him how to switch off the traction control during off-road driving then I came to know that he does not have a radio so I offered him to carry one of the spare radios that I have. He thanked me and we agreed to meet at the end of the drive in order to return the radio. As I mentioned earlier that Amjed opinion was to return to the Tawi Nazwa and our lead marshal agreed to do so. By the time we reached Tawi Nazwa I was waiting the other convoy to meet (the gentleman) to take back my radio. Then I was between Gkumar and Saif asking me if I can help a boy to find his family which I immediately agreed with a great pleasure. As mentioned earlier in Ganesh and Gkumar report it took me around an hour or two to find the parents and another two hours to rescue the buggy and pull it to their camping location.
    What happened would not be achieved if:
    I was not talking to (the gentelman) and offered him a radio and agreed to meet at ending point to take back the radio
    We agreed with our lead marshal to go to big red before heading to Tawi Nazwa where we may not meet Gkumar convoy
    Gkumar convoy reached before our convoy
    That’s a real example of our destiny (Man proposes and god disposes)

The most important thing that really counts is the spirit of our club members. Thank you; Gkumar and Saif for demonstrating humanitarian nature of our members, marshals, and club culture values. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

β€œWe do all feel proud of being part of such a great family” .

January 19, 2013 at 8:55 pm #22238

Nice drive report, Good job Musbah :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    You are most welcome to our club of “Reporters” πŸ˜‰ :ymhug:

January 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm #22240
    quote GKumar:

You are most welcome to our club of “Report Writers” πŸ˜‰ :ymhug:

I am still in lKG 1 when compared to your report writing capabilities πŸ˜‰

Best Regards

January 19, 2013 at 9:04 pm #22241
    quote musbah:

quote GKumar:

You are most welcome to our club of “Reporters” πŸ˜‰ :ymhug:

Best Regards

:)) :)) :)) no worries Musbah, we may be big “chatter boxes” compared to you πŸ˜‰
    You are not at all far from us [-X, may be we differ a little in elaborating the event πŸ˜€

January 20, 2013 at 5:05 am #22246

waiting for the lead marshal’s report :-w :-w :-w

January 20, 2013 at 5:11 am #22248
    quote musbah:

quote GKumar:

You are most welcome to our club of “Report Writers” πŸ˜‰ :ymhug:

Best Regards

You are like a Master sitting in KG 1 :yesss: :yesss:

:thanks:

January 20, 2013 at 7:12 am #22258

Excellent report as usual Dada :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Thanks for the feedbacks from Mitch & David :thanks: As Thanseer posted earlier, we invite feedback / reports from all other drivers as well. This is your forum and its an open forum. Your feedback is valuable for us to make what we do better.

Ganesh covered most of the points, nothing much from me to add. It was an awesome group of around 21 cars in two convoys, with lot of new faces curious to taste the fun. :-BD πŸ™‚

Newbie convoy was of 12 cars with 4 first timers – Mitch, Gabriel, David and Samad. Reinhard first time with DO, but experienced in sands. Welcome to you all with Dubai Offroaders and hope you guys had good fun :-BD :-BD :-BD πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

After a very detailed newbie briefing the convoy started moving with Reinhard as second car followed by Shibu and Dr.Hamid. Considering the number of first timers in the convoy, we could maintain reasonably good momentum and reached pink rock as scheduled. Sweep marshal Ganesh was in full control of the convoy with the support of Brigadier Saif :-BD. You did a wonderful job Ganesh, supporting the first timers guiding them to safely execute the tricky patches, helping all of them to build up confidence. Great job dada!!!!, you were perfectly synchronized with me at lead to control the convoy movement :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: On a personal note, my happy moments during the drive was whenever I received your radio message “Kumar, you can move” :)) :)) :))

During the drive I noticed Gabriel missed the convoy and was following a different track. I had to divert the drive route to catch Gabriel and make him rejoin the convoy with the cars following him πŸ˜€ I dont know whether someone had noticed it πŸ˜‰ This is a good example for the importance of maintaining convoy discipline. If you do not see the car behind to you for quite some time, stop your car relaying the same message to all other cars in front. No problem, it happens and its just a learning incident. Chances are more for such incidents at common areas where you will find lots of tire marks.

Near to pink rock, we had a pop out by Mitch. As he said it was done intentionally to test the Marshal’s skills and to provide a live demo to other convoy members :)) We fixed it very quickly and proceeded to Pink Rock πŸ™‚

We spend good time at Pink Rock and everyone got enough opportunity to play around :-BD :). Later we were joined by the fewbee convoy and all cars lined up for the photo session by Dada. Since we had enough time, the return trip to Tawi was also through dunes and everybody did a great job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: On the way we could offer help to the buggie accident victim and details are already covered :-BD πŸ™‚

Reinhard first drive with DO and enough experience in hand :-BD Did a good job being the second car :ymapplause: Shibu did an excellent job with the “power house” and his previous experience came in play for handling the machine very safely :-BD Doctor had a very cool drive with his family πŸ™‚ Mrs.Khadi (sorry i dont know the name) was driving really nice :ymapplause: Ofcouse she had the benefit of an experienced offroader riding shotgun with her πŸ˜‰ Thank you Khadi for the support and guidance you have offered to the convoy :-BD Dhaval was driving in a more controlled manner with improved confidence πŸ™‚ :-BD.

Mitch, you are a very good observer and quick learner, very long way ahead :-BD. Gabriel, a very curious offroader and did a good job :ymapplause: Also explored own way in between πŸ˜‰ David is an experienced offroader and first timer to sands. But his previous rich experience in offroading had helped alot in controlling his monster (Armada), awesome driving :ymapplause: Massad was keen to learn the tricks very quickly and also did a good job :-BD :ymapplause:

We reached the inflation point before sunset and I was delighted to see very happy faces and no broken bumpers πŸ˜€ Credit goes to sweep marshal Ganesh and Brigadier Saif for their efforts and support to the convoy, handling all situations very professionally and safely :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Look forward to drive with you all again and see you soon again in sands πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

January 20, 2013 at 9:14 am #22283
    quote GKumar:

Excellent report as usual Dada :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Thanks for the feedbacks from Mitch & David :thanks:

Near to pink rock, we had a pop out by Mitch. As he said it was done intentionally to test the Marshal’s skills and to provide a live demo to other convoy members :)) We fixed it very quickly and proceeded to Pink Rock πŸ™‚
    We spend good time at Pink Rock and everyone got enough opportunity to play around :

Mitch, you are a very good observer and quick learner, very long way ahead.

Look forward to drive with you all again and see you soon again in sands πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

My pleasure.

Yes, the pop out was done on purpose so everyone can learn. πŸ˜‰ Hope everybody appreciates my effort. In addition to that, more learning point when this happens, expect to have a strong vibration in your sterring wheel once you are back on the road. When the tyre pops out, sand will go inside and that will unbalance the wheel quite a lot, the more sand the more vibration as I came to know.
    Best thing to do is to stop at the first tyre shop, get them to remove the tyre, clean it, balance it and put it back on. I decided to drive home at a slower cruising speed as I was going to work after the drive and fixed the next day. It turned out I didnt have just sand inside but a small dune. About 1-2kg of sand. The fixing takes no more than 10 min and costs you 30 dhs. If they want to charge you more just go to another place.

The playing time at the pink rock was very nice. Really enjoyed going up a few times. Id like to go there again, especially on a less busy day so I can explore a bit more around the place.

Thanks again everybody and well done rescuing the kid.

January 20, 2013 at 12:04 pm #22288

What an exhilarating drive with Thanseer leading the convoy followed by Firoz with Amjed and Musbah as sweep. The drive started with some easy dunes for warm up and Thanseer then sent us skipping from one ridge to another in his style that I have grown to appreciate and admire. The pace set was great with little interruptions and a smooth drive. Got bogged down on a ridge just before Pink Rock and Musbah had to tugged me out.
    Both the convoys met at pink rock and we proceeded to go up and around back to the meeting point. The wife, kid and brother had a lovely time with no trouble from junior. In fact to our amazement Zach the little one went off to sleep half way through the drive.
    Thank you DO for having us over and here’s to many more drives together.

January 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm #22290

[quote=”GKumar”] David is an experienced offroader and first timer to sands. But his previous rich experience in offroading had helped alot in controlling his monster (Armada), awesome driving :ymapplause:

Thanks for the kind words Kumar, it was a real confidence booster coming out with DO, which enabled me to relax and simply enjoy the day. However, I believe the bigger ‘monster’ was actually behind the steering wheel :ymdevil:

I hope to catch up with you all again real soon.

January 20, 2013 at 8:03 pm #22319

Thank you all for joining the Fewbie convoy…..

All the participants reached at the meeting point on time except the lead and sweep. Lead and sweep were late due to the delay happened in the morning drive. Once we reached the meeting point immediately we started moving to the deflation point. After deflation I had given a task to Amjed to give the briefing to our offroad enthusiasts which he did very nicely. In Musbah’s report he mentioned my name by mistake. The briefing was done by Amjed.

After briefing we immediately started the convoy. The initial stage was with slow pace and gradually increased the pace and difficulty level. To my surprise everybody driven well in a safe manner and maintained the set pace. So the drive was enjoyable except some minor stuck.

On the route I saw two cars were at the top of the dune with some locals. I thought they were sitting there and chit chatting. So we passed them from little far. But after passing a quite distance I turn around and looked at them then I felt something wrong. So I turned back the convoy towards those two cars. Nobody noticed that we were going back to the same spot. Once we reached near to them there was a SW base modified Prado sitting on the crest. And one Tundra hanging on the crest. Its look like Prado got crested so Tundra came to pull him down and he also got stuck. Now they don’t have any vehicle to rescue them. That’s why we are always saying minimum three cars are ideal combination for desert driving. Firoz rescued that Prado and we made sure about that Prado can rescue the Tundra. After that we continued our drive and reached the Pink Rock where newbie convoy was waiting for us for the Photo-session.

After playing little while there we headed back to the exit route. Over all the drive was fantastic and I enjoyed the company. There is no need to comment everybody’s drive separately. All of you were drove well and I am looking forward to you all are joining for the next level very soon.

Thank you all for joining this drive and demonstrating your skills. Hope to see you all for the next drive.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.