Newbie + Fewbee Friday Morning Drive 20/07/2012

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Drivers meeting point at Khatam at 5.45 am and the convoys as mentioned in the drive trip were divided into 2, convoy 1 was lead by Kumar, convoy 2 was lead by Gerry and convoy 2 was lead by Ganesh.
    Congrats to Gerry for becoming Marshal.
    I was in convoy 2 & behind Gerry, the trace was tricky & soft sand, Gerry made the drive fun filled without any obstacles faced except few stucks which were dealt without any hassle and fast.
    As it is the first day of Ramadan, cannot write more, leave it to other members to complete.
    regards

Amjed

July 20, 2012 at 9:50 am #17825

great drive must say, everyone did a great job :-BD (Chris :ymapplause: ,Andy :ymapplause: ,Tny :ymapplause: ,Mahaan :ymapplause: ,Duke :ymapplause: & Ashwin :ymapplause: ) some patches were tricky but dealt were well, Kumar as usual u were very careful :-BD with the approach considering the convoy strength & thanks for some important tips shared by u, i tried my hands on navigating wasn’t that great though but I’m sure i’ll soon master the trick…Duke seems to be just getting use to his new 4.8 (Safari).

well done boys :ymapplause: ….thanks for coming in numbers, looking forward for the next drive already

Note : Gerry congratulations :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymparty: for the cap, u deserve it dude ,u r a star (*) (*) (*) !!

July 20, 2012 at 1:54 pm #17829

:thanks: Jayesh!!

July 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm #17830

Mini Drive Report: Khatam Deflation Point – Fossil Rock- Camel Rock- Al Faya

Convoy 2 started off with a real easy pace, to ensure that all members were comfortable and could keep up. With Rob, Humayun and Tushar as Sweeps I knew I didnt have to worry. I still started with a very easy pace but however after a few minutes, I could see that everyone was confident and decided to up the temp from there. We had a couple of stucks, but we recovered fairly quickly , and set off again towards Al Faya. Couple of the team could not make it up the slopes and had to be led through an easier alternate route by Tushar to Al Faya. Easily the best part of the drive was Camel Rock to Al Faya for me. All Convoys converged at Al Faya and had fun trying to climb the bowl. Rob and Gkumar tried to have some fun, with Kumar executing an expert move in ridge cutting that actually left us shocked on the ground! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Kudos to Rob (No stucks at all, driving like a champ) and Humayun as sweeps. Thanks to Tushar for the guidance to the sweeps when needed. All members on the drive performed very well especially Amjed who was car number 2. Thanks for your company guys. Look forward to doing it again! :thanks:

July 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm #17836

First of all congrats to Gerry! Wish you plenty more safe drives.

This morning I was in convoy 1 and drove directly behind our lead Kumar, tyn was behind me in his new toy. We had a smooth drive without major stuckups (or failing jeeps for that matter… ๐Ÿ™‚ ). I believe the only one who had to be pulled out once was me (Correct me if i’m wrong Jajesh). I got stuck close to pink rock but as always that was a good learning experience.
    It’s safe to say that for me it was the best drive so far. Again learned some new tricks and I believe we did a lot more actual driving than the previous 2 weeks. Needless to say I really enjoyed this drive! I particularly liked the big dunes towards Al Faya.

Kumar, :thanks: for the brilliant lead and valueble tips.

Already looking forward to the next drive.
    Unfortunately I have to miss two weekends because I will be in the netherlands for a week.
    Have fun :drive: ya’all and see you soon.

July 21, 2012 at 11:50 am #17850

Only 6 feedback / trip reports from an amazing number of participants – 19 cars??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

July 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm #17852

its ur turn to write one.

quote GKumar:

Only 6 feedback / trip reports from an amazing number of participants – 19 cars??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    July 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm #17853
    quote GKumar:

quote jayeshlibra:

its ur turn to write one.

I will, but at last :p

July 22, 2012 at 9:30 am #17870

Trip reports from Ganesh, Gerry, Amjed, Jayesh, Chris and Tushar, very well summarized the whole drive in 3 convoys. Nothing specific to add.

It was an amazing group of around 19 cars, in 3 convoys. Chris, Andy, Tyn, Ashwin, Mahaan, Duke, Jayesh and myself were in Convoy 1 with Jayesh in sweep. We started the drive in an easy terrain but quickly changed to tricky areas as everybody was doing very well.

Excluding the minor hiccup, one each for Chris and Duke at Fossil Rock, rest of the drive to Camel Rock and Al Faya was smooth and was at good pace, all through tricky terrains. Since couple of members were not having radio ๐Ÿ™ we had to stop once again for a short briefing before attempting high dunes at Al Faya.

The entire convoy crossed those high dunes with no hassles :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Very good driving by Chris :ymapplause: , improved driving by Andy :-BD , Tyn was happy with his new toy and usual good driving ๐Ÿ™‚ , Ashwin managed his stock Pajero very well to climb those high dunes :ymapplause: , Mahaan with his Raptor, made all attempts look very simple as if the drive was of newbee level :-o, Duke started utilizing his powerhouse to the max :yesss: and excellent job by Jayesh at sweep, very good coordination, support and was in full control all the time :ymapplause: :thanks:

At Camel rock Jayesh was given a navigation task which he did reasonably good excluding the return way to the convoy :ymapplause: All 3 convoys merged together at Al Faya and played around for some time. Based on request, Rob was given enough challenge to attempt :D. We left Al Faya by sharp 9am, all cars were led to tarmac behind pink rock via tracks. Confirmed everything is OK with the missing 3 marshals, inflated and headed home.
    Congratulations to Gerry on his successful maiden lead and thank you all for the great drive and look forward for many more drives :drive:

July 22, 2012 at 10:08 am #17872

Nice drive!….. But I need a private instructor to teach me how to climb that Al Faya thing! I mean through the route Kumar challenged me, not the easy one, otherwise I will blame it on my car! ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive: :drive: :drive: Any volunteer?

July 22, 2012 at 10:50 am #17875

rob,,,,r u ready this eve…

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.