Day and date: Friday 3rd July 2015

Drive Type: All Levels

Meeting Point: Tawi Nazwa Shops

24.997722, 55.661941 (google maps)
    N24° 59.882′ E55° 39.688′ (GPS users)

MAP LINK

Meeting Time: 16.30pm

Drive Start: 17.00pm sharp

Drive Route &Terrain: Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Big Dunes, Technical Dunes

Duration: 3 hours (sundown)

A Friday drive for all levels from Tawi Nazwa. Destination will be decided by lead Marshall.

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

June 28, 2015 at 7:19 am #33352

Missed last week :drive:

but not this time, Waiting for it :yesss:

June 29, 2015 at 9:41 pm #33371

Friday without dunes is like a year without rain ! For sure I’m in

July 2, 2015 at 6:19 am #33381

Great line-up 🙂
    Hope to see u all there…
    Cheers

July 3, 2015 at 9:42 am #33386

Sorry I’m gonna miss this drive. See you all back in a couple of weeks. @joe Zeinoun You were right Joe, the night drive sucked the hell out of my energy… 🙂

July 3, 2015 at 10:58 am #33388

im sure u enjoyed though 😉
    safe travels sam… see u soon man.
    cheers

July 3, 2015 at 5:20 pm #33389

fantastic inter drive today with duncans lead… well done guys, you all drove remarkably well indeed. A big round of applause to avinash and deva for keeping up and in fact driving up to the standard all the time :yesss:

hope to see you all soon again…
    cheers

July 3, 2015 at 10:32 pm #33390

Thanks a lot joe and for Ur support really helped me ……and not to forget Duncan for the wonderful drive it was technical in the begining ending up with huge and beautiful dunes really enjoyed today a lot and also it was a 0 stuck drive ….. Now waiting for mid week till then my car polish is gonna look good

July 4, 2015 at 4:54 am #33391

I would like to thank Duncan, joe and the other group members for another great drive :thanks: . This was to be a “tame” Duncan drive :drive: – if that ever existed – Starting at nizwa shops we headed out into the desert and practiced a few crestings which was good for those to practice or simply a little rusty. The drive performance of all members was excellent with no stucks – except a stray patrol we found not part of our group 😮 , who was out alone – Ellie aka “winch man” came to the rescue.
    The rest of the drive continued with a pick up of the pace towards the end heading towards badayer with no issues maybe just a couple of second attempts – turned out duncan kept to his word!

A lesson I have learnt from the drive – clean that filter after every drive. Having never done it except at servicing- I had a nice collection of about 500g of sand blocking it – there’s my excuse for not climbing…. 😀

July 4, 2015 at 7:21 am #33392

Thank you all in my convoy for great company. Everybody drove exceptionally yesterday with no stucks at this time of year is a great feat.

Thank you for the timely drive reports and nice round ups. Nice to know everybody had a good time.

That Nissan showed all to never drive alone, especially in summer crazy guy. :thanks: to Elie for his quick pull with the winch.

As summer is in full force now it is certainly time to take a more relaxing approach to track selection and manoeuvres. Nobody wants a pop out or recovery in this heat especially the sweep. :thanks: to Joe for his usual efforts and direction to our 2 fewbies whoi drove like intermediates. :ymparty:

Until next time friends, which will no doubt be mid week. :thanks:

July 4, 2015 at 8:49 am #33393

Another wonderful drive with Duncan as lead and Joe as support, you guys are amazing. It was first officially ridge riding drive for me, think I did it decently. Even after almost 24 hrs I can’t believe that I did it. Big round of applause to all marshal, sweep along with other club member for continuous support.
    Looking forward for mid-week fun.

Cheers !!

July 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm #33394

Thanks Duncan and Joe for the nice drive and route selection. Truly enjoyed it. That Nissan got away with it this time. He should be joining the group. You never know now that he knows.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.