NEWBIE/LEARNERS DRIVE TO IFTAR BOWL 4th April 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

[map]24.95495,55.71424(MEETING POINT)[/map]

Day and date : Friday April 4th 2014
    Drive Type :newbie
    Meeting Point : Badyar Shops 24.954093, 55.713797 JUST COPY PASTE IN GOOGLE MAPS
    Meeting Time : 02:45:00 pm
    Drive Start: 03:00 pm
    Drive Route: Only Dunes
    Duration: 3 hours minimum
    Estimated finish point: Iftar Bowl
    Checklist:-
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry compressor with you and ensure its in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary offroad gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

March 31, 2014 at 5:16 pm #29582

Mubroooook faheem, i will be hape if i sweap for you.

Its newbie drive so remove A ๐Ÿ™‚

April 1, 2014 at 4:41 am #29583

Faheem and Zakaryia in the same convoy………………… :-ss

Newbie/Learners – The best of luck to you all ! Expect to be on a steep learning curve. :ymdevil:

April 1, 2014 at 5:06 am #29584

Will try to keep it safe and exciting!

April 1, 2014 at 5:24 am #29585

Let the new bies be upgraded to few bies this week…. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

April 1, 2014 at 5:27 am #29588

I’m so in for this trip because they didn’t approve my registration for the morning drive in Sweiha bowls ๐Ÿ™

Excited!! whooop whoop

April 1, 2014 at 1:02 pm #29598
    quote anastb:

I’m so in for this trip because they didn’t approve my registration for the morning drive in Sweiha bowls ๐Ÿ™

Excited!! whooop whoop

Don’t be SAD , we will have equally FUN! :ymhug:

April 1, 2014 at 4:01 pm #29601

I am sure this drive is going to be an exciting one and real test for all New members in the DO family
    Drive Safe..Have fun…

April 3, 2014 at 6:03 am #29620

I would soooo much love to do this drive, but I am stuck at work without getting out of it. =(( Have fun!!!

Anyone wishes to get out into the desert on Saturday? Any Saturday would do…

April 3, 2014 at 12:02 pm #29622

See u guys on friday ! Good weather and maybe little rain is expected.

April 3, 2014 at 3:02 pm #29625

Hi guys,

I would like to join too, will be my first drive with Dubai Offroaders team. Couple of newbie questions,

Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading –> have a tyre pressure gauge which I can use to deflate tires, have a OK compressor which I bought some time back from a hyper-market, worked decent on my sedan, would like to check with you guys before buying another one. Do not have any other gear, is that sufficient for first time?

Rules Of The Trip –> Do I need to print this or something? if so can any one guide me to a printable link.

Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer –> Same query as above, do I need to print and sign this one?

Hope to join you guys and learn something new ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Vijay

April 3, 2014 at 3:53 pm #29628

well, as I can see you have already registered, for the 1st time what you can have is a compatible radio if possible as its for your own good but if not possible you can still come and you will discover what else you are missing from the must have !

best

April 3, 2014 at 9:10 pm #29630

great, I forgot to mention sorry, I already picked up a walky.. hope to see you guys tomorrow.

April 4, 2014 at 8:39 pm #29635

It was a great drive with two convoys, i was in Zakariya’s convoy we had a quick warm up session and headed to the big dunes soon. Had a couple of second attempts and we were on our way. Had a short break before iftar bowl, got to iftar bowl and had a pop out soon after we left took some time to fix that. We quickly headed off to super bowl had some fun there and on the way back had another pop out which kept us till sunset. Overall great drive just a few cars stuck a couple of times, nothing too bad. Kalander did a great job sweeping and guiding anyone who was going for second attempts and great lead !

Thank you guys for the great experience.

Hope faheems convoy had fun as well without any trouble !

April 5, 2014 at 4:52 am #29636

Hello,

Thanks to the Marshalls for this great drive we had yesterday and their very good advices.
    Eager to join for the next drive.
    Have all a good day
    Jean Pierre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.