Offroad Drive on Friday the 20th of December ‘2013

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

i am in so plz get some PETROL in convoy…..!!! =)) =)) =))

December 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm #28310
    quote Ben Barber:

I’m in again! Going to try and make the most of these Fridays that I have off, whilst I have the chance.

See you all tomorrow!

Ben

Ben this is great news, well done for making the commitment, you’ll enjoy this drive ๐Ÿ˜€

December 20, 2013 at 6:56 am #28316

Sorry guys. Events have conspired against me and I’ll not get there in time today. Enjoy the drive anyway. Hope to get out again soon.

December 20, 2013 at 7:10 am #28317

I would be joining. last drive prior to leaving the country :thanks:

December 20, 2013 at 8:28 am #28319

Unfortunately I am at work, I love this rute, as Kimayoun said, it is a testing field for many like my self, hope to join. After.

December 20, 2013 at 2:43 pm #28320
    quote Baher:

I Will not miss this route

Thank u Duncan for this Drive

Baher you can start using this site in Arabic now…if you prefer…
    ๐Ÿ™‚

December 21, 2013 at 10:24 am #28328

[attachment=0]sss.jpg ]
    New Interesting route with nice scenes , thx Duncan for organizing and Baher for support.

Attachments:

December 22, 2013 at 7:48 am #28355

Drive Report:

The convoy met at Shwaib Shops on time to a lovely day with plenty of cloud cover keeping the sun at bay. There were a few newbees and so after greeting and questions regarding their vehicles we split the convoy into 2.

I then proceeded with the Learner convoy of 10 cars to the desert entry point a quick 10 minute drive away. Humayoon was in charge of the intermediate convoy.

Once at the entry point we had our drive briefing and everyone was allocated their drive position with Baher as sweep and Gordon as second lead.

The drive proceeded very well from the start with no recoveries necessary, merely a few second attempts. We proceeded over some tricky dunes to emerge at a nice wadi bed with a good size drop which half of the convoy elected to do.

It was at this point we had our first stuck and Baher proceeded to do the necessary rescue in speedy time.

We progressed from this point up again into the dunes and wound our way towards the houses/farms at Sony Ericsson where we stopped for refreshments and some mince pies which were grateful received by the group courtesy of Shawna and family. It was at this point we also held the convoy for the required prayers time to be observed.

Once we set off again we were struck with our second stuck which took some time to recover due to the position of the vehicle against the dune. This was again competed successfully and as we were undertaking the job saw Humayoon’s convoy speeding past as usual towards Sony Ericsson and beyond.

Due to time constraints at this point I called a quick convoy meeting and we decided that we would cut the drive short in terms of its finishing point and we headed towards Sony Ericsson. With only 45 minutes of light left we stayed at this huge dune and played with everyone in turn attempting various slopes.

The convoy was put to its test during the drive and I am pleased to report that everyone drove exceptionally well, particularly the first timers.

I would like to say a huge thanks to Gordon and Baher for their support and everyone for their company. Until next time………………

And please feel free to share your thoughts about the drive from your view point.

December 22, 2013 at 8:03 am #28356
    quote DuncanField:

Drive Report:

The convoy met at Shwaib Shops on time to a lovely day with plenty of cloud cover keeping the sun at bay. There were a few newbees and so after greeting and questions regarding their vehicles we split the convoy into 2.

I then proceeded with the Learner convoy of 10 cars to the desert entry point a quick 10 minute drive away. Humayoon was in charge of the intermediate convoy.

Once at the entry point we had our drive briefing and everyone was allocated their drive position with Baher as sweep and Gordon as second lead.

The drive proceeded very well from the start with no recoveries necessary, merely a few second attempts. We proceeded over some tricky dunes to emerge at a nice wadi bed with a good size drop which half of the convoy elected to do.

It was at this point we had our first stuck and Baher proceeded to do the necessary rescue in speedy time.

We progressed from this point up again into the dunes and wound our way towards the houses/farms at Sony Ericsson where we stopped for refreshments and some mince pies which were grateful received by the group courtesy of Shawna and family. It was at this point we also held the convoy for the required prayers time to be observed.

Once we set off again we were struck with our second stuck which took some time to recover due to the position of the vehicle against the dune. This was again competed successfully and as we were undertaking the job saw Humayoon’s convoy speeding past as usual towards Sony Ericsson and beyond.

Due to time constraints at this point I called a quick convoy meeting and we decided that we would cut the drive short in terms of its finishing point and we headed towards Sony Ericsson. With only 45 minutes of light left we stayed at this huge dune and played with everyone in turn attempting various slopes.

The convoy was put to its test during the drive and I am pleased to report that everyone drove exceptionally well, particularly the first timers.

I would like to say a huge thanks to Gordon and Baher for their support and everyone for their company. Until next time………………

And please feel free to share your thoughts about the drive from your view point.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

December 22, 2013 at 8:10 am #28357

thanks for a fun drive Duncan! looking forward to next week already..

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.