Please dont tr organizing trips with facebook

• Author

Or any source other than the official DO site. It becomes very unorganized and in my case messed up a vacation.

February 2, 2016 at 9:52 am #34888
    quote Steve Tribble:

Or any source other than the official DO site. It becomes very unorganized and in my case messed up a vacation.

Can you elaborate. As far as I am aware there are no trips on FB that are not on DO site. :thanks:

February 2, 2016 at 10:08 am #34889

I’m also curious…

February 2, 2016 at 1:03 pm #34890

Drive Trrough Wahiba Sands and Camp out.

It was posted for sighn up on the DO facebook site. Two convoys were advertised. One was advanced leaving on 11 feb. The other on the 12th both meeting overnight on the 12th then a drive on the 13th.

February 2, 2016 at 1:08 pm #34891

Under the intermediate trips section there is also a post by Tex where he also signed up on facebook in group 2.

February 2, 2016 at 1:13 pm #34892

Dont want to cause a problem. Only i also got an invite on facebook and accepted then joined group 2 per the instructions. The invite appeared to come from Ahmed. He was not aware. With the address dowtown burned my wife needs to take some vacation. We arranged a trip arround this. Today i got a message the trip is cancelled on facebook.

February 2, 2016 at 1:24 pm #34893

Steve,

This trip is still posted on DO fb page ( https://www.facebook.com/events/1692057281006816/ ) and it replicates the one that is posted on this forum. What you are referring to is the one that was posted on another fb group, Adventure Oman, which had the option for group 1 or group 2. This trip is being done in conjunction with AO. So your original sign-up was on the AO fb page; not the DO fb page.

Hopefully this helps clear up the misunderstanding!

February 2, 2016 at 4:32 pm #34894

The drive is not cancelled Steve, it has just been removed from the Adventure Oman (AO) FB page since the numbers were reached.
    As Matt pointed out this drive is being done in conjunction with AO and the drive is still on.
    Just co-ordinate with Mr. Ajay Sikri, the main organizer of the trip, either through FB/ PM through DO/ e-mail or a phone call.

February 2, 2016 at 4:39 pm #34895

Thanks Ahmad, maybe im just stupid but the invites through facebook and being locked out from the intermediate link left me confused. Maybe i clicked a link to AO. Anyway not upset.

February 2, 2016 at 4:42 pm #34896

You are welcome!!!
    🙂

February 3, 2016 at 8:20 am #34910

apologies for the unnecessary confusion. As Ahmad has pointed out, the trip has been removed from the AO fb page, as it was causing some amount of confusion. Participants who have already shown interest were added to a whatsapp group. Not sure, how some of us got missed out, probably because the Oman team which created the whatsapp group didn’t have our numbers.

anyway, you are all welcome to join in the group 2 and a camp out on the 12th February. Whosoever is inetested, can send me a PM with your name and number, i will get you added to the whatsapp group. the Dubai team can leave on Friday morning, visit the Wadi Bani Khalid which is close to the entry point of the Group 2 at Bidiyah; and then join the group at about 4pm or so to drive to the camp site. you will get all details on the whatsapp group created for Group 2. FYI, WBK is a great spot for a dip in the natural pool(s) and/or a nice trek to the mountain cave.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.