Postponed – The LIWA Lollipop 2000 – 3rd and 4th April 2015

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

I believe the Posting/ Lead Marshal made a logistical mistake when posting this drive on 3rd and 4th of April.

As you all might be aware the Abu Dhabi desert Challenge is taking place from 30th March till the 2nd of April ‘2015.

This is in the very same area that we plan to visit on the 3rd and 4th of April ‘2015.

http://www.abudhabidesertchallenge.com/index.aspx

I have participated as a Marshal in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge a number of times and have personally seen the desert tracks and dunes damaged by the passage of high powered Rally cars, Quads and Bikes. This not only renders the passage of vehicles difficult but destroys the scenery too.

Mother Nature is a great healer though and the damages should be restored by the passage of winds and moving sand in a couple of weeks.

I suggest we postpone the drive to 2-3 weekends later, which will be announced as a separate drive later.

I regret the inconvenience that this may have caused to those who had planned this for weeks now and would make sure that there is an exciting Friday afternoon + Saturday morning drive for them here locally for them to quench their thirst for Sand.

March 31, 2015 at 11:17 am #32701

Please do it in 3 weeks .. I’m for sure in .. Yes so I’m getting to see my love liwa again yay

March 31, 2015 at 12:26 pm #32702

Well that’s good news for some… :thanks:

April 1, 2015 at 7:44 pm #32729

Really sad to hear this, me and my daughter were so excited about this trip…

Hopefully we can go later on

April 2, 2015 at 5:56 am #32732
    quote Melvin Rios:

Melvin, do not be sad .. and tell your daughter to be not sad as well. Join Joe’s drive or Faheem’s drive .. as it is weather is not ideal for Liwa. Liwa in this weather is only trouble!

April 2, 2015 at 6:09 am #32733

Wow, I’m glad this is postponed! I hope the new date will not coincide with any of my erratic work schedules! I look forward to this trip.
    I can understand the disappointment of those that planned for this….Donn worry, The best is yet to come!

April 2, 2015 at 7:16 am #32734

The sandstorm that is currently sweeping UAE swept in from Saudi Arabia and as per the reports the Western Region where we proposed to go for the Liwa drive is the most severely affected since the storm is blowing in from a West/ South west direction.

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/weather/sandstorm-forecast-in-uae-on-thursday-and-friday-1.1483947

This change in weather is extreme and would turn any long drive with overnight camping into a torturous, tedious expedition.

I look forward to driving with you all to Liwa soon, hopefully in about 2 weeks time.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

April 2, 2015 at 8:49 am #32735

They say that even the Rally was canceled due to bad weather… =((

April 2, 2015 at 7:36 pm #32743
    quote Hamza Ahmad:

quote Melvin Rios:

Melvin, do not be sad .. and tell your daughter to be not sad as well. Join Joe’s drive or Faheem’s drive .. as it is weather is not ideal for Liwa. Liwa in this weather is only trouble!

Thank you Hamza

We will join Fridays drive,

I know this weather is not helping so much and things like this happens

Thank you for your concern!!!!

April 3, 2015 at 6:24 am #32748
    quote Melvin Rios:

quote Hamza Ahmad:

quote Melvin Rios:

Thank you Hamza

We will join Fridays drive,

I know this weather is not helping so much and things like this happens

Thank you for your concern!!!!

See you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

April 3, 2015 at 7:12 am #32749
    quote JustDen:

They say that even the Rally was canceled due to bad weather… =((

That’s correct, the last leg of the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge was Cancelled yesterday due to the bad weather and the last leg got cancelled, to directly culminate in the podium stage.
    ๐Ÿ™

April 14, 2015 at 2:31 pm #32834

Any update for a re-try on this trip? ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.