Request for a trip…

• Author

Hi,

I know it is too early but I was wondering if the senior members of the forum can coordinate / plan an evening drive on 14 June 2013 (FRIDAY)… Requesting this 1 month in advance…

The reason for the request and the advance notice is the excitement of having a meeting of old friends… :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
    3 of my old friends (all Indians but 1 coming from Manila, 1 from Kuwait and 1 from Delhi) are planning a get together in Dubai after almost 15 years (only for two days)… I am sure you will understand the excitement…

I was thinking of taking them to the desert in my Wrangler through one of the DO trip… :drive: I want my friends to keep these memories for many more years to come… This will not be possible without the help of senior members of the forum…

Please let me know if this can be worked out…

Thank you in advance…

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Kumar
    0 5 0 7 2 5 6 4 4 0

May 13, 2013 at 11:16 am #26610

Hi BKumar,

I am sure one of the marshals will respond to your request however it would assist if you could provide details of your desert driving experience.

In the interim , I thought that it would be worthwhile mentioning :-

The club is built on the philosophy of SAFETY FIRST.
    Night drives can be great fun but are far more technical than day trips and require a higher level of experience in desert driving to SAFELY execute.
    The vehicle’s headlights only provide a limited range , thus greatly reducing visibility, which in turn makes the terrain and sand more difficult to read; increasing the risks involved with this sport.

May 13, 2013 at 11:45 am #26612

Dear Iqsaan,

Thank you for your post…

I fully understand and appreciate the SAFETY FIRST thingy which DO is proud of (and so am I)…

I have never driven in night…

But wrt day desert drives, I have been driving for the last 7 years with approximately 7-8 drives every year… So you can say approx. 50 drives in all… Driven with ME 4×4, Dubai 4×4, DO, GNFD, etc. Very close to Ajay Sikri (a senior member of DO). Been to LIWA tough drive along with GNFD marshals where Saliya Jayaweera (one of the 4 project leaders for GNFD) invited me…

In terms of DO criteria I think I can fit into Intermediate category but will leave it entirely up to the senior members who will be willing to help me on this for the drive type…

Basically, I was looking for getting into the desert by 3:30 / 4 and out by 6:30/7 before its dark (this will give us about 3 to 4 hrs of desert drive)…

Thank you again and looking forward to this…

May 13, 2013 at 12:02 pm #26614

We are better equipped to deal with a situation if we are aware of the risks involved…
    I’m glad that you understood that my comments were intended as such.

May 13, 2013 at 12:24 pm #26615

Hi Kumar,

We all understand the thrill and excitement of a reunion, more so when its after 15 long years. At times its just memories which keep us going and they always are to be treasured.

While the marshals shall comment on your specific request, if I were you, I really wouldn’t worry about it a lot. Since DO religiously has a drive each Friday afternoon, I really don’t see an issue with your request. IMHO am sure this request would easily be accommodated by the kind marshals within the weekly drive itself.

All the best for your reunion and may you capture many more memories.

May 13, 2013 at 12:30 pm #26616

Hi Bala,
    We will arrange a desert Drive on 14th of June 2013 in the Fossil Rock area, That should be anice expereince for all your friends.

May 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm #26617
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

Hi Bala,
    We will arrange a desert Drive on 14th of June 2013 in the Fossil Rock area, That should be anice expereince for all your friends.

Thank you Ahmad for promptly agreeing to my request… Yes Fossil Rock area should be good… May be we can cover Camel and Pink rock also… But again, I leave it up to you…

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

May 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm #26618
    quote zarir:

Hi Kumar,

We all understand the thrill and excitement of a reunion, more so when its after 15 long years. At times its just memories which keep us going and they always are to be treasured.

While the marshals shall comment on your specific request, if I were you, I really wouldn’t worry about it a lot. Since DO religiously has a drive each Friday afternoon, I really don’t see an issue with your request. IMHO am sure this request would easily be accommodated by the kind marshals within the weekly drive itself.

All the best for your reunion and may you capture many more memories.

Thank you for your post and wishes Zarir… Much appreciated…

:thanks:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.