Saturday Morning Fewbee++ to Intermediate Drive on 9/2/2013

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    quote brianj:

:thanks: to Ashok, amazing lead :drive: in varied terrain, we were rocking mate ๐Ÿ˜€
    :thanks: must go to Marshalls; Kumar, Ganesh,Thanseer, & Amjed for watching over us :ymhug:
    :ymapplause: to Wasi for being then only one to make it to the top
    :thanks: to my brothers of the sand for their combined company, Shabeer, Tom, Saj, Rein, Musbah, Hendrik and Matthews (Paul also), hopefully I didn’t forget anyone.

Once the fog and the cold lifted we moved off, I realised that we weren’t so very far away from Ghost town and wondered about the influence, and then I saw Camels OMG, what is coming our way, However our trusty Marshall spirited them away and we enjoyed a very interesting days drive in what seemed sometimes to be a massive garden of trees and shrubs!!
    :thanks:

Thank you Brian for kind words and appreciation….. :thanks: :thanks:

See you again on the sand… :drive: :drive:

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 7:47 am #23089
    quote Amjed:

Congrats Ashok for your maiden drive & excellent lead and very good terrain chosen for the drive, firstly small trick dunes with bushes , then very soft sand patches & then big dunes.

appreciate all the drives skills today to prove themselves enough to drive the level of difficulties.

thanks to all the members at today drive, hope everyone got their weekend thirst quenched thoroughly.

Look forward to see all again next week with lots of energy to surf the dunes.

drive safe & enjoy.

Thank you Amjed, :thanks: :thanks:

Driving with a senior member like you will always improve my confidence level..

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 7:54 am #23090

Perfect Report Dada….Very well done :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 10, 2013 at 8:01 am #23091
    quote akppillai:

quote Amjed:

Congrats Ashok for your maiden drive & excellent lead and very good terrain chosen for the drive, firstly small trick dunes with bushes , then very soft sand patches & then big dunes.

appreciate all the drives skills today to prove themselves enough to drive the level of difficulties.

thanks to all the members at today drive, hope everyone got their weekend thirst quenched thoroughly.

Look forward to see all again next week with lots of energy to surf the dunes.

drive safe & enjoy.

Thank you Amjed, :thanks: :thanks:

Driving with a senior member like you will always improve my confidence level..

Regards

Ashok, its always a pleasure to drive with you, Ganesh, Kumar, Thanseer, Khalil , Humayun & rest others but to be frank Im junior to you as joined much later than you all, I deeply appreciate your kind words & you a true gentleman very cool & quite.

I missed Ganesh’s first lead drive but cud not miss your drive ,look forward to many more such drive to support with.

February 10, 2013 at 8:10 am #23092

Ashokbhai…. You deserve even more than what has been said…Your lead was great and you proved that you deserve all the respect and appreciation as well as I believe you are in a place where you can set standards :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thanseer, Kumar, Amjed, Dada and all our Marshals :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: .. We are proud of having people and leaders like you all.

Million :thanks: to our Leader and Founder Ahmad Bhai

Sanjay Mathews and Paul you managed to break a world record of fixing a pop out :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: (I will get that Monster (Jack) ) but not sure If I can break your record ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best Regards

February 10, 2013 at 8:35 am #23095
    quote GKumar:

Congratulations Ashok for the maiden official lead :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Special appreciations for choosing this uncommon, long and trick terrain for the maiden lead. You did a great job :-BD :-BD :-BD For sure, it divulges your experience and confidence level. A very responsible job, very well executed ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ For me, it was not at all a surprise ๐Ÿ˜€ It was just what I expected as I witnessed in the past how you executed the same task when it was assigned to you during couple of my drives ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you Kumar for your support and appreciationโ€ฆ.. :thanks: :thanks:

Your commitment and dedication always inspired me in the offroading business. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to learn many more from you and other seniors โ€ฆ :drive: :drive:

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 8:37 am #23096
    quote Hendrik:

Thx Kumar – The mother of all 4×4’s did an excellent job, though I still have to get used to
    1) driving manual again
    2) engine character of the 2.2 diesel

But it was good fun and I was amazed how little stucks we had though the terrain was quite challenging

Definitely a well led & organized drive !

So we get upgraded ?

Thank you Hendrick…….

February 10, 2013 at 8:40 am #23097
    quote wasiabbas:

Just for all DO info…i have finally managed to break my front left mud flap… :yesss:

And to give a short brief about the drive:
    Woke up late and rushed to meeting time, managed to reach by 08:15hrs to meeting pt :-ss , but unexpectedly there was some one else who reached late then me…ahem ahem.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ =)) =)) =)) but unfortunately i cant take his name as there is more chances for my degradation in DO… :-$

But talking about the drive with Ashok’s first lead was awesome with tricky, soft, bushy terrains…Once again congrats Ashok chetta.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am sure all had fun with the route…
    :thanks: to Mr.G Kumar / Ganesh / Thanseer / Musbah / mathews / Amjed for the support…
    And :thanks: to my co off roaders for the friendly company…. :ymhug:

The best feeling for me about the trip was – i reached @ the top of Iftar bowl in one attempt… :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

Looking forward for more drives with DO – “JUST FOR FUN” B-)

Thank you brother :thanks: :thanks: ……Special congratulation to you for reaching top of Iftar Bowl twice…. :ymhug: :ymhug:

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 8:42 am #23098
    quote Rein:

Thanks Ashok for providing us with a great combi terrain drive on your maiden lead.
    The track was a very good terrain, initially small tricky dunes with bushes followed by very soft sand patches & then big dunes + tricky bowls with lots of crest_off and tricky side slopes. Well done.

On this drive I learnt more in understanding the dunes, the sand & the bowls and also learnt more on my White Stallion’s response and behavior in different situations. It was a great combi drive terrain.

The terrain was nice and lush green in many places, also fortunately I spotted a baby gazzle, who appeared to be lost and shocked, was standing daze right in front of me for full 30 sec or so and then trotted along to find it mother. It was a amazing sight to see.

Thanks to all the senior members who were assigned the responsibilities of sweeps, support, e.t.c; in making this drive a fun and safe one.

Looking forward to see you all again next week in a similar high energy drive to surf the dunes.

Thank you Rein.. :thanks: :thanks:

Looking forward many drive with you guys….. :drive: :drive:

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 8:47 am #23100
    quote Saj:

Hi Guys

First of all, Ashok thank you for the varied terrain you took us through. Thoroughly enjoyed going across from Al Faqa to Badayer and getting exposed to different sand composition and elevation. You have set the bar up my friend. \M/

Thank you Sajid…… :thanks: :thanks:

February 10, 2013 at 8:53 am #23101
    quote musbah:

Ashokbhai…. You deserve even more than what has been said…Your lead was great and you proved that you deserve all the respect and appreciation as well as I believe you are in a place where you can set standards :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thank you Sirโ€ฆ :thanks: :thanks:

Itโ€™s my privilege to have friends like you people ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards

February 10, 2013 at 8:59 am #23102

๐Ÿ˜• OH NO
    Wasi although I mentioned you in my post I forgot you in my thanks to co-drivers, I’m really sorry mate ๐Ÿ™

I don’t know if we are happy or sad about you chopping bits off your ride…happy for you I think ๐Ÿ˜€
    Again congrats for reaching the top ๐Ÿ™‚

:drive: safe Just for Fun

February 10, 2013 at 11:45 am #23120

Dear Ashok…

Congrats for the successful maiden lead drive. Al faqa – Iftar Bowl.

I would like to rate this success as if scoring a century in the debut ODI…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Our DO Founder and other Senior marshal will be proud of your successful lead, bcoz they trained and moulded you to take this task…

We admire your courage in selecting this track that too with a big convoy…

The drive was full of thrill…It was like famous ‘ Ilanjithara melam in Trissur Pooram’ the pace slowly increasing and climax was really burst out….

I would say this drive will be one among my most memorable drive after being a member of DO club ( After last week trip to Ghost town, then GNFD and GPS Challenge).

Special :thanks: to Amjed, Sanjay mathew and Musbah in extending their expertise in recovery.

Special :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: to Mr. Wasi breaking his mud gaurd…oops sorry… being first to crown the Iftar bowl yesterday…

Also congrats to all fellow drivers in successful and safe completion.

In between there was a man missing case ( Mr. Thanseer where you have been vanished, i think you gave a visit to your property in Ghost town bcoz we were close to that. right ?)

At last but not least, from the bottom of our hearts we would like to thank Mr. GKumar , Mr. Thanseer and Mr. Ganesh for the support to us as well as to as to Mr. Ashok helping in his successful maiden drive.

February 10, 2013 at 11:52 am #23121
    quote shabeer saidu mohammed:

‘ Ilanjithara melam in Trissur Pooram’

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

February 10, 2013 at 11:55 am #23123

Hey Shabeer

Ilanjithara melam in Trissur Pooram’ What does this mean? Translation please.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.