training drive 11/05/2012 morning

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi Ali, will this be a newbie drive?

May 10, 2012 at 7:39 am #16973

Day and date : Friday 11/05/2012.

Area : Tawi Nazwa Vicinity.

Meeting point : Tawi Nazwa Shops.

Time : Meeting time 7:00 am, drive starts at 7:30 am, ends by approximately 9:00 am .

Objective: Training drive teaching the members traits of offroading such as approach, rescue and navigation.

list of participants ,
    1. robinson
    2. ashwin
    3. ganesh
    4. jayesh
    5. gerry
    6. firoz
    7. ricardo
    8. johan
    9. bombays
    10. sanjay
    11. sunil
    12. madav
    13. Milos

list of marshals ,
    1. ali
    2. sam
    3. tushar
    4.[/quote]

May 11, 2012 at 9:54 am #16976

Hi Ali and all,
    Thanks, that was a great driving event, at least for me. :thanks:
    Learned a lot AND had fun! :drive:

See ya’ll,
    /Johan

May 11, 2012 at 12:44 pm #16980

:thanks: Ali, it was a very nice :drive: :drive: drive. Also special thanks to Gery’s Cable Winch! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

May 11, 2012 at 12:54 pm #16981

It was a fantastic drive, starting with training and splitting of the convoy into sub teams led by me, rob, Ganesh and Ali.everyone learned quite a bit today. It was nice to see new faces and look forward to next Fridays trip led by Ali ( I hope)!

Once again,thanks Ali! :ymapplause:

May 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm #16982
    quote robinsonleiva:

:thanks: Ali, it was a very nice :drive: :drive: drive. Also special thanks to Gery’s Cable Winch! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Rob, Laziness pays sometimes! :drive: ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm #16985

Well done guys. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Nice to see the group skills improving… Looking forward to re-join you soon. I m still hunting :-w :-w

May 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm #16986

It was indeed a fantastic drive. Really appreciate idea of ALI to split the convoy. It was an opportunity to learn approach , rescue and navigation. Good team spirit amongst members. Special thanks to all of the members.

May 12, 2012 at 10:06 am #16996

It was a indeed a good drive and plenty of learnings especially in dunes..appreciate Ali’s confidence in all of us and thanks to Gerard for guiding us smoothly in his convoy.

May 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm #17001

Guys,

Sorry due to some personal commitment, i was not able to make it on time to the assembly. I arrived late by 8.15am, bit lazy to deflate on my own and hence deflated at the tyre shop and started searching to join either Ali’s Convoy with the help of Walkie Talkie CH 4. I first navigated to Big Red Dune, climbed on top of it and tried to look around for our group members continously giving message in the walkie talkie to identify if any body around.

Later on driving al alone for 1 hour, though it was risky i enjoyed it. Once got struck once on top of big red dune when i lost the momentum to climb due to wrong approach or wrong turn which i am not aware. I remeber few of our members saying get down from the car and look around before doing something crazy. So i got down and looked the car. As there were no body to help, i changed to low gear first then put first gear to move forward and rear gear to come backward. Somehow after struggling for few minutes at 2000rpm, the car came out and had a big relief.

After than i could hear the voice of Ali over the walkie talkie very feasible. So i guessed they should be near pink rock and started to drive towards with leaving message in walkie. As i was nearing pink rock, i saw the convoy on top of Pink rock and joined them around 10.30am after driving alone for nearly 2 hours.

Though i missed to join the assembly point on time which is not appreciable, i was quite happy at the end that learned some extent to drive alone, navigate myself and joined the convoy.

Though it is not advisable and risky affair, it was really thrill and enjoyable. I will ensure not to miss assembly point again and timing again.

May 13, 2012 at 4:06 am #17007

There’s nothing that comes close to starting the weekend by digging, climbing and playing in the sand. I felt like I was 3 years all over again ๐Ÿ˜€

@Ali
    , thank you for sharing your expertise, you did an excellent job!

@Ricardo
    , congratulations with your new Jeep, now there’s no more worrying about your rear bumper
    @Satwinder, thanks for taking us on that last leg of the desert trail, nice, fast and smooth
    @all, see you soon on the next drive!

May 13, 2012 at 5:31 am #17010

Great drive and great fun! It is very useful to spend time doing recovery as it indeed boosts your confidence -it is more important to know how to get out of difficult situations than actually know how to avoid them!

I am impressed with the monster Gerry is handling. The new Patrol with the winch is just a mighty beast. I enjoyed watching the winch in action towing another patrol uphill! No limits indeed!

May 13, 2012 at 6:44 am #17011
    quote desert knight:

Guys today’s drive was very different from what we do normaly . rob , Ganesh , Gerry …you guys did very well today and gerry your monster now has a winch and it came to good use , all our members skills have improved a lot and Ricardo was a changed man with his new toy very well done ……

Even in the heat all members kept their cool and helped each other out . For the future I can see gr8 offroaders in our convoy and I will try my level best to get them to the level where they can lead and manage the convoys by them self’s ..

And it was good to see satwinders convoy also had a good drive and they came to pink rock and also helped in the recoveries g kumar and satwinder thanks for helping out and gerry got 3 chances to use his new winch , and rab Gerry and Ganesh fixed a pop out them self without my help …… I am so proud of you boys and I guess the training drives has helped the self confidence of all members and every one has learnt a thing or two about how to approach a crest and how to navigate …….and the rescue ……

Thank you all once again ……..hope to see u all next drive also .

May 13, 2012 at 6:49 am #17012

Dear Ali..thanks for leading our convey n the gr8 training ….gr8 team….hope to join the team soon…………

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.