Walkie Talkies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

No walkies… no drivies…

eg sure u can turn up at the meeting point. But if u do not have a working radio fully charged then there is no point letting ur air out ur tyres as u won’t be coming on the drive.

August 2, 2008 at 8:35 am #6678

Agreed…

August 2, 2008 at 9:13 am #6681

A MUST,A MUST,A MUST,A MUST,A MUST,A MUST

August 2, 2008 at 10:07 am #6685

and Betrol…

August 2, 2008 at 12:49 pm #6691
    quote josephleebrown:

No walkies… no drivies…

eg sure u can turn up at the meeting point. But if u do not have a working radio fully charged then there is no point letting ur air out ur tyres as u won’t be coming on the drive.

Agree with desert-dude to a certain extent…had we followed the basic convoy rules, the split may not have occured…
    STOP AS SOON AS THE NEXT CAR IS NOT VISIBLE IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR…
    But being Dubai Drivers…we never check our rear view mirrors… :bounce:

On a more serious note though…
    Radios are not just for convoy management…they come in very handy in rescue/ recovery & in low visibility areas such as high dune & ridges.

Another side advantage of having a Radio on MEO trips is the ENTERTAINMENT FACTOR…
    You have to experience it to believe it…what these guys get upto on the radio :point:

August 2, 2008 at 1:13 pm #6692
    quote desertdude:

quote josephleebrown:

No walkies… no drivies…

Well guess wont be joining u for anynore drives then .Been driving all my life in convoys never needed a walkie …and right about now cudnt be arsed to go and look around for one and spend some dosh on it …..what can u say ..i’m a extremely cheap b@stard .

Well on a serious note ..If strict convoy disciple was drilled and enforced ..that would cut down the need for walkies about 90% .

And that I feel is the clubs responsiblity to teach n enforce .

Donations are always welcomed though ๐Ÿ™‚

My Friend Desert Dude, this is an optional thing to have i agree with u, but again better safe than sorry, most of the desert dont have cell coverage, so imagine ur self stuck (not specificly u) someone with no experiance and left behind then u’ll know how important that is!! again convoy rules are known for experianced pep, keep in mind that most of the trips we have newbies, yesterday i personally couldnt c the pep behind me and i couldnt stop bcs of i couldnt stop the pep infront of me, we ended up spliting the convoy for 2 trips which was not in the rules of any trip. we met later but it was too late as we had lots of pep who left early, the idea of the trip is to have as much cars we can and manage to get them back all safe and happy. Hope u understand my point, and again my frnd no one is being cheap here we all have good cars that i blv we spent lots of money on so 300DHs will not kill anyone!! and now i remeber that i stopped u to tell u that i cant c the pep behind , u just replied maybe some1 stuck!!! and u continue driving is that the spirit of a team???

August 2, 2008 at 3:50 pm #6694

@ Joe, i agree with u. It is important for non-1st timers to have a radio.
    @Ahmed, glad you agree

@Junaid
    , you cheap @ss cherokee driver. sell the spare and buy a radio. (i saw u having a radio no?) Either ways i expected u to come back to rescue me! shame shaaaame.
    @Zudhish, i told u i like it when ur mad, but heres the deal:

There was nothing that u can do, u were the only one with a radio and the cars in front of u were not willing to stop. In such case, u did the right thing. U do not take the blame of splitting the convoy, and u r sure that the ppl behind are capable to lead to a near exit, then u just keep going till the sun shines and your convoy stops. U da man.

August 2, 2008 at 6:39 pm #6698

junaid what about ur irani deflator? also no walkie on him :rofl:

August 2, 2008 at 8:04 pm #6699

Radios were not the only issue…
    WE actually made a number of mistakes…
    We do not need to dissect everything here, but the more experienced ones know what happened,
    & we will try not to repeat the same mistakes…

August 2, 2008 at 9:06 pm #6700

dont worry, be happy

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0kMTlhRheVc%26hl%3Den%26fs%3D1

August 3, 2008 at 4:46 am #6705
    quote mhmdyamout:

@ Joe, i agree with u. It is important for non-1st timers to have a radio.
    @Ahmed, glad you agree

@Junaid
    , you cheap @ss cherokee driver. sell the spare and buy a radio. (i saw u having a radio no?) Either ways i expected u to come back to rescue me! shame shaaaame.
    @Zudhish, i told u i like it when ur mad, but heres the deal:

There was nothing that u can do, u were the only one with a radio and the cars in front of u were not willing to stop. In such case, u did the right thing. U do not take the blame of splitting the convoy, and u r sure that the ppl behind are capable to lead to a near exit, then u just keep going till the sun shines and your convoy stops. U da man.

Mandy and I had the remaining cars and took them out…

It is whoever is in the middle that did not stop so it could go thru the chain should be taken to Liwa with no GPS, no Radio and One small bottle of Masafi.

@Junaid
    … sell the spare and get a new radiator… la la la la

Yah… radios are for emergencies more than having ur own Al Jazera AND people who use their rear mirrors and respect a convoy would have stopped so not always the need for radios BUT all people who are new at this should have radios AND admit when they cannot get out of something.

There was a crest I could not get over.. a big XXXX’ing one and had not done that line before and did not feel good about it. Did not use a radio to say I cannot make it as the boys ahead were waiting to make sure everybody was together… someone came back after I Aborted twice… I followed and got the speed up to about 60 to do the side angle on a large mutha face, one of those where u tell traffic control at Dubai Airport for a landing pattern and was following someone who likes to drive a black Tahoe with 20″ rims ( wonder who that could be )…. but we had no breaks and we all went in together and came out together…. some of us may know the score but if we are stopping and checking on people to make sure they are still with us hence why we have sweepers then why can’t those in front stop when the car behind is not in view… this just shows either inexperience or a lack of respect.

Repect to Abdulrehman who when he was on the side just said I do not feel good about this and take my car out for me. Know ur limits and keep it safe.

We had a split convoy and what would have happened if one of the big cars had beached in the front split ?

I am gettinbg off my soapbox…

August 3, 2008 at 5:03 am #6708

you make talking too muchest.

August 3, 2008 at 5:14 am #6711
    quote mhmdyamout:

you make talking too muchest.

imagine if I had a walkie… be even worse…

September 11, 2008 at 4:40 pm #7284

even on really well organised drives people can easily become separated, walkie talkie really is a must even for experienced drivers that know the area.
    it dosent have to be expensive, ali and i shared cost of a pair one for him one for me (btw ali u still have mine right?)
    lol ;p

September 11, 2008 at 5:25 pm #7293
    quote KAT:

even on really well organised drives people can easily become separated, walkie talkie really is a must even for experienced drivers that know the area.
    it dosent have to be expensive, ali and i shared cost of a pair one for him one for me (btw ali u still have mine right?)
    lol ;p

Yes hun, I still have your Radio with me …. you can take it once u r back in Dubai …. Hope to see ya soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.