What is this Wanderlust???

• Author

Just had a thought…
    What is the motivation for all of us???
    Off roaders, adventurere sports enthusiass…leisure travellers…
    to leave the safety & comfort of our home & workplaces to go out…
    risking limb & life at the worst…to braving extreme tempratures & inhospitable terrain at the best…

Your thoughts…please…

August 28, 2008 at 9:05 am #7143

For me its about connecting with nature and like minded friends. The desert through my eyes is Paradise on Earth. This makes me wonder if the Desert is so mesmerising beyond words, how amazing will paradise be.

Moreover, its a stress buster for me and beyond this i cannot describe in words, as it is way beyond it.

Keep the Desert Clean and Pakeeza……………

August 28, 2008 at 10:53 am #7147

to simply put it….a sense of adventure that cannot be achieved nor at home or at work…

August 30, 2008 at 3:21 am #7175

I always find beauty in nature no matter if it is green or brown. Personally I prefer green and mountains which we dont find in this part of the world. But somehow I’ve hooked up with desert, though initially it was an escape for me to do something in this country as I came here only 12 months ago. Bottom line! its a good connection with nature.

In addition we get a sport to play instead of going to the malls eating unhealthy all the time, v get to meet so many different people, enhance our team work abilities, take certain amounts of risks to offload our brains, learn to survive at 45 C ;-).

INTERIOR MINISTRY (Home) keeps wondering about our mental health though :blink: ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Other people who know that I go for such activity always wonder and ask ‘r u crazy to go to desert in this summer heat, how do u survive there??’ Anyone has an answer? I’m all ears…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adeel

August 30, 2008 at 5:55 am #7176

There is apparently a primal hunter in our psyches somewhere,
    perhaps leftover from some prehistoric times we spent roaming around & hunting…

Apreciation of Nature is again a very clear motive…

Most sports are evidently a manifestation of skills required in those times…
    if one looks at the original sports fielded in the first Modern Olympics held in Athens in 1896…

Running…to catch an animal…
    Javelin throw…very useful in bringing down a Mammoth…
    Shot put…throwing a stone…
    Fencing…handling swords…
    shooting…handling guns…
    weightlifting…
    wrestling…

Again, a very valid point raised by Adeel Bhai(wrangler)…
    We all have different mechanisms for reaction, when confronted with dangers or adverse circumstances…
    like 45c heat…some may run away & hide…but we go out & face it!!!

August 30, 2008 at 8:36 am #7177
    quote wrangler:

Other people who know that I go for such activity always wonder and ask ‘r u crazy to go to desert in this summer heat, how do u survive there??’ Anyone has an answer? I’m all ears…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adeel

Adeel bhai…. have u ever pass by my house…..??????????????????? my mums same dialouge….. ๐Ÿ˜†

August 31, 2008 at 7:43 am #7179
    quote Desert Dragon:

quote wrangler:

Adeel

Adeel bhai…. have u ever pass by my house…..??????????????????? my mums same dialouge….. ๐Ÿ˜†

v r in the same jeep (boat) ๐Ÿ™‚

September 2, 2008 at 8:32 am #7204

Adrenalin Rush!!! Pure and Simple :bounce:
    something very attractive and serene about being in the vastness of a desert too but cant quite put my finger on it..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.