Where Eagles Dare, Jebel Yibir on Friday the 15th March 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    quote brianj:

It could be WOOLCO who gives a stuff, as long as IT’s at the coordinates ๐Ÿ˜€

:)) Yes who gives a stuff

March 10, 2013 at 11:44 am #24477
    quote brianj:

It could be WOOLCO who gives a stuff, as long as IT’s at the coordinates ๐Ÿ˜€

:)) Yes who gives a stuff

March 10, 2013 at 11:47 am #24478

Ahmed Sir,
    Please advice how to prepare in terms of the Car.
    Any additional requirements?
    Cheers,
    Leo

quote Ahmad Pervez:

Where Eagles Dare…Jebel Yibir, UAE’s Highest Mountain Peak on Friday the 15th of March 2013.

A slight change of scenery for all you Sand bugs….

Mountain Drive to the highest Mountain top in the UAE, we will also traverse some picturesque Wadi areas so….beautiful photo opportunities abound!!!

IT IS STILL VERY COLD & POSSIBLY WINDY, TOO, UP THERE…The temperature at the the top is typically about 15 degrees C lower than that in the plains…

Some of may still remember the pictures of snowfall from a couple of years back in the winters.

The peak is off limits due to a Military installation but we can still climb up to close to 5000 feet!!! rendering Panoramic views over the surrounding mountain tops as well as giving access to numerous hiking trails strewn across the hillsides.

The terrain varies between rocky Mountain passes as well as water filled wadis some of which makes for tricky driving on this trail due to deep water pools immediately after the rains.

The distance to the entry point for the trail is about 110 Kms. from Dubai while the trail actually consists of about 36 Kms. of Paved & 39 Kms. of unpaved Roads.

The trail is steep with a number of Hairpin bends calling for some adventurous exciting Off Road Fun.

The drive is mostly over hard tracks so it will be a very good family outing.
    EVERYBODY IS WELCOME.

Meeting Time 10:00 Hrs. on Friday the 15th of March 2013.
    Departure Time 10:30Hrs. SHARP on Friday the 15th of March 2013.
    Drive Ends 18:00Hrs. on Friday the 15th of March 2013.

The meeting point will be Emarat Petrol station immediately after the Tasjeel on the Emirates Road immediately after the Airport Exit towards Ajman (North).

The co-ordinates for this meeting point are as follows.
    25.20’46.00N
    55.28’28.00E

Please carry warm clothes & head & neck protection gear like caps, mufflers, Shawls etc. to provide protection against the expected low temperatures, even though the day is expected to be Sunny & bright.

Please carry food & drinks for self & passengers as we will have lunch close to the Mountain top, Hot food & drinks will be nice…

So…Start Registering now.

March 10, 2013 at 12:03 pm #24481
    quote leo.austrian:

Ahmed Sir,
    Please advice how to prepare in terms of the Car.
    Any additional requirements?
    Cheers,
    Leo

This drive does not require much preparation in terms of preparing the car, we do not even need to deflate for this drive.

quote ksr226:

:yesss: a ton Pervez sb.
    Request permission to bring my family as well.

This is an absolute family trip…The more the merrier…please bring along family & friends…the only limit is the number of seats in your car ๐Ÿ˜‰

quote DAVID:

Its an EPPCO, May be Optimus Prime put the wrong name..??

Any information is only as good as it’s source…one can even write White House instead of Eppco or Emarat on Google Earth based upon one’s knowledge or education.
    It definitely IS an Emarat Petrol station after Tasjeel Auto Village…besides Eppco has Shamil not Tasjeel…is that correct, David? ๐Ÿ˜•

March 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm #24482
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote leo.austrian:

Ahmed Sir,

quote ksr226:

:yesss: a ton Pervez sb.
    Request permission to bring my family as well.

This is an absolute family trip…The more the merrier…please bring along family & friends…the only limit is the number of seats in your car ๐Ÿ˜‰

:thanks: :ymparty: ๐Ÿ˜ก :ymhug:

March 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm #24485

๐Ÿ™ :(( ๐Ÿ™ :(( ๐Ÿ™ :((

AWWW NOOO!!! I’m gonna have to miss out on this drive due to a previous commitment on Friday!

:ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh:

Any chance of any other drive on Saturday, for similar less unfortunates?

March 11, 2013 at 4:02 am #24489

Information about Jabal Yibir

Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabal_Yibir
    Trip Map : An old travel map from internet
    Some Photos : Keep cool, Jabal Yibir

March 11, 2013 at 5:28 am #24490
    quote DAVID:

Information about Jabal Yibir

Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabal_Yibir
    Trip Map : An old travel map from internet
    Some Photos : Keep cool, Jabal Yibir

Thanks David.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

March 11, 2013 at 7:05 am #24493

:thanks: Ahmed for posting this. I love the wadis and would also request you to cover some of the wadis in Oman in the near future. ๐Ÿ™‚

March 11, 2013 at 10:53 am #24510

HI everybody.

Regarding the station. It is EMARAT. After Sharjah Tasjeel Village. But take care it is tricky entrance coz of road works.

I know that area coz I live in Ajman & work In Dubai and ues EMARAT road ๐Ÿ˜€ .

And I will join The Trip Insha allah

March 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm #24522

Hi Guys,

:drive: I am ready and do not want to miss it!
    You are really spoiling us… The BBQ last week was fabulous and now a wonderful ride! :ymparty:

:thanks:
    Gab

March 12, 2013 at 4:22 am #24524
    quote Saj:

:thanks: Ahmed for posting this. I love the wadis and would also request you to cover some of the wadis in Oman in the near future. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Sajid, We will definitely have many more Wadi Drives trying to gain cooler temperatures on higher altitudes as the weather gets warmer.

quote gabriel:

Hi Guys,
    I am ready and do not want to miss it!
    You are really spoiling us… The BBQ last week was fabulous and now a wonderful ride!
    Gab

Thanks Gabriel it is always a pleasure to have you on the drives.

March 12, 2013 at 7:21 am #24529

Changed to EMARAT – http://goo.gl/maps/ABHjz

March 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm #24535
    quote DAVID:

Changed to EMARAT – http://goo.gl/maps/ABHjz

Yes coincidently drove past it this morning it’s defnately Emarat as previously informed, coordinates in DDM N25 20.7807 E55 28.4710

For those who don’t go that way often, the roadworks about a kilometres or two before render the approach a little confusing, once under the first flyover of the new junction stick in the RHS lane, makes exiting easier ๐Ÿ™‚

March 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm #24539

Dear AhmedBhai,

Thanks a lot for choosing nice Mountian and Wadi trek.

How much time we will have at the stop for lunch ? Will we have some time to cook or
    need to carry lunch and just warm it up ?

Dhaval

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.