Where Eagles Dare, Jebel Yibir on Friday the 15th March 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    quote dhavalm:

Dear AhmedBhai,
    Thanks a lot for choosing nice Mountian and Wadi trek.
    How much time we will have at the stop for lunch ? Will we have some time to cook or need to carry lunch and just warm it up ?
    Dhaval

We will not have enough time to cook anything just enough time to warm it up & have it there.

March 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm #24560

Counting 25 now…Single convoy..??

March 14, 2013 at 2:10 am #24564

hello guys =),
    this trip sound awesome! i be in but as a passenger with Denis :yesss:

btw are we going to go out on the same rout we go in as i want to leave my car by the “actual end of the road”.

looking forward to see you all guys

March 14, 2013 at 4:04 am #24565

Nice change of scenery. Looking forward to it!

March 14, 2013 at 10:29 am #24572

28 Registrations so far (@ 14th 14:30hrs)

Way to go :drive:

March 14, 2013 at 1:12 pm #24583
    quote Ricardo:

Nice change of scenery. Looking forward to it!

Welcome Ricardo… :ymhug:
    After a long Time… ๐Ÿ™‚

March 14, 2013 at 4:44 pm #24587

Well I’m off on an emergency trip to Muscat, (work) leaving right now…

I can’t do this trip on Friday ๐Ÿ™

Sorry

March 15, 2013 at 6:02 pm #24591

One more feather on the DO crown….Great Drive and lead Ahmed Sir…Thanks a ton….

Will wait for all others to comment on their experience and then I will post a detailed report…

Thank you everyone for participating and making this event a grand success ๐Ÿ™‚ :thanks:

Cheers

March 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm #24592

Wow !! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ What a wonderul day it had been today !

Thanks Ahmad sb for arranging this drive ,which turned out to be an all out family event. :ymhug: My daughter Dhanya says her hiiii & thanks ( You have been christened Marshal Uncle by her B-) )

:thanks: Marshals Ganesh & Ashok ji who kept a watch on all our saftey and ensured we enjoyed the whole trip. :ymhug: Thanks to Firoz , Brian ,Razik too for interspersing among us and guiding us.

To quickly recap,
    Meeting at 10-10:30 AM at Emarat after Tasjeel on the erstwihle Emirates road.
    Proceeded in convoy after a slight delay
    After driving through some nice tracks,halted for the afternoon prayers.
    While our Muslim brothers were praying,the rest scouted the hilly area and enjoying the scenery while some shouted tooo :p to enjoy the echo which was good and liked by the kidddos.

Then proceeded to the mid-hill(?) for a wonderful and sumptuous meal :ymdevil: A mini camping session to satisfy the kids was on full swing =((

Post lunch, =)) , Carried on with the drive and after a while we were returning back,some of the dare devils requested Pervez sb to take us all till the Security post and we started climbing again…what a memorable drive it was….just B-)
    After a nice photo ops session, descended down and reached the foothills to wait for Firoz who unfortunately had to stop and change his tyre and those who were with him . This gave us time to interact with the fellow offroaders and their families.

Once the held back team reached,re grouped and drove back the way we had headed in and reached the tarmac where we(my family,Leo’s and a few others) said our thanks & byes to Ahmad sb and left ( ๐Ÿ™ Saturdays =Full workinnnnnn)

Ahmad sb : Request : Atleast one such drive, as a family outing would be really appreciated ( This also will allow us to enjoy the balance 3 weeks’ drive in the sand :ymdevil: :))

:thanks: Again to one and all for making this a very memorable trip.

March 16, 2013 at 8:16 am #24597

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I missed this ๐Ÿ™

Are there going to be any more?
    Can we expect some pictures?

Muslim

March 16, 2013 at 8:44 am #24598

Hi Faisal , Fun never ends in DO

March 16, 2013 at 9:16 am #24599

G’day All,

Nice to catch up with some of the old faces as well as some new ones too.

Easy drive and wonderful opportunity to see some more of the stunning and harsh landscapes that we have here in the UAE. For anyone that enjoys these types of scenes, I strongly recommend the Khasab-Diba track, which is much the same as the Jebel Yabir drive, it is very easy to navigate and only the Diba border crossing will stop you exploring further. I have taken many visitors on this track and they all have said that it looks more spectacular that the Grand Canyon. Tip: Good time to go is during winter so you will see the farms that are perched high on the plateau covered in lush green wheat fields that are surrounded by the harsh Hajar mountain terrain.

Thanks to the Marshals for putting this drive on, these remind me of off-roading back in Australia. Nice one guys!

March 17, 2013 at 3:12 am #24606

Thanks guys. Nice drive

March 17, 2013 at 6:43 am #24612
    quote ksr226:

Wow !! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ What a wonderul day it had been today !

Thanks Ahmad sb for arranging this drive ,which turned out to be an all out family event. :ymhug: My daughter Dhanya says her hiiii & thanks ( You have been christened Marshal Uncle by her B-) )

:thanks: Marshals Ganesh & Ashok ji who kept a watch on all our saftey and ensured we enjoyed the whole trip. :ymhug: Thanks to Firoz , Brian ,Razik too for interspersing among us and guiding us.
    :ymdevil: :))

:thanks: Again to one and all for making this a very memorable trip.

quote DVG:

G’day All,

Nice to catch up with some of the old faces as well as some new ones too.

Easy drive and wonderful opportunity to see some more of the stunning and harsh landscapes that we have here in the UAE. For anyone that enjoys these types of scenes, I strongly recommend the Khasab-Diba track, which is much the same as the Jebel Yabir drive, it is very easy to navigate and only the Diba border crossing will stop you exploring further. I have taken many visitors on this track and they all have said that it looks more spectacular that the Grand Canyon. Tip: Good time to go is during winter so you will see the farms that are perched high on the plateau covered in lush green wheat fields that are surrounded by the harsh Hajar mountain terrain.

Thanks to the Marshals for putting this drive on, these remind me of off-roading back in Australia. Nice one guys!

Sundar & David :thanks: for writing these comprehensive reports. Between you you’ve covered all the angles …..good work nice to read ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ll just add my :thanks: to the Task Force, Ahmad, Ganesh and Ashok for so freely giving of their collective time and experience

March 17, 2013 at 6:59 am #24613

A great day with a great experience…. Thank you Ahmed Sir for the plan and the great execution too…. It was indeed a very good drive along the wadis a bit different than sands…

Need to thank some people for their support and cooperation :

Kashmir Paaji – for your overall support and also specially to give us the idea of climbing the mountain which was the special part of our drive…

Sunder – For your awesome hospitality during lunch time providing me with a full course meal ๐Ÿ™‚

Dhaval – for the lovely “Dabelis”..

Each & evey member – to participate in the drive and for a lovely company…

I just need to make some important points for every person driving with Dubai Offroaders Club :

When we post any drive on any day, we expect the participants to register in our website “dubaioffroadlive.local”. We also have a facebook page where the drives are been announced. But please make a note that the facebook page is only a medium or channel to make you guys aware that we have a new drive posted in our website…

Please register for the drive in the website only and secondly DO NOT participate in the drive unless you have registered…We marshals take the total responsibility of the members registered for the drive ONLY…
    Non-registered members will not be allowed to participate in the drive…

A very important point to be noted by all the members is that if you want to quit the drive for any particular reason, you HAVE to inform the Lead marshal or any Marshal supporting the entire convoy… You CANNOT leave the convoy without informing anyone…

On Friday’s drive, we had Atif (Kashif’s brother) who joined us for the drive and left the convoy after lunch time without informing anyone…. Guys this is not done…. You can leave whenever you want but with the consent of the marshals….. Because it was Wadis you knew the route through which we came in, so you left with full confidence that you can make the way out….will you do that in sands ???? No right!!!!… So please follow the same rules everywhere…. This is total unprofessionalism and we WILL NOT accept this…..as you guys are our responsibility when it comes to any drives under the club’s banner….

Secondly even Denis (Jeep Cherokee) and Essa (Tahoe) left us towards the end when we almost finished the drive…. you guys were struggling due to your cars getting heated up and I was continuously following up with you if you are ok and towards the end when we were coming down from the mountain you guys vanished even without informing anyone…. Our responsibility is to get all the cars out as we came in….we were waiting for you guys spoiling other members valuable time and fun….Please understand this and follow the rules….We are here for your safety…

I hope this makes it very clear to all the participants who come for the drives and one thing is going to be very mandatory from now – NO ADMISSION WITHOUT REGISTRATION……

Guys we are here Just for Fun and please let us maintain this….We love to explore new areas and places so that you guys can have fun driving with us…

See you all for yet another thrill….Till then take care of yourself and your car and drive safe…

Cheers…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.