08 February 2013 – Newbie Friday Morning Drive

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    quote Desert King:

quote wasiabbas:

I am sorry Thanseer bro, will not be able to make up though its with in my timings..U guys drive safe and sound.. :drive:

Difficult to get up early or you want to finish the drive early…. In both case early is present…. So the early is problem for you…. :)) :)) :))

Don’t worry next time…

:thanks:

February 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm #23034

//////////sorry Brothers!
    Rough Night
    Wont make it this morning
    Regards
    Hasnain Bhojani

February 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm #23038

So I hv the honour of being the first to post impressions from this drive, my second drive.
    It was nice to see so many cars and I loved the fact that it was in the morning. Being in the desert early is something that I enjoy. I hope more drives for learners will be in the morning. Its better for us as it not that crowded out there at that time.

Getting back to the drive itself I started again on the wrong foot. My tyre pressure tool was not an accurate one and until Fossil Rock I struggled a bit without getting stuck properly. Musbah noticed that my tyre pressure was not right and went straight away to my tyres and deflated them down to 14. I had around 19-20. So….dont buy cheap tool for the tyre pressure….

After Fossil Rock it was a different story altogether. With the right pressure I didnt have any more problems, exept once when I got stuck and lead marshall came to help. My only excuse is that Imran also got stuck at ten same time so I wasnt the only one at that time. 🙂 Anyway, we didnt waste much time as it took just a few minutes to get out with Thanseer’s skills.

Compared to the first drive(also a newbee one), this one was with a higher level of difficulty and more challanging. Also, the pace was a bit faster. I had the chance to be the third and that helped because I could see exactly how lead marshall was approaching the dunes and follow in his steps. I belive that made it easier for me this time. Got lost once for a few minutes only. I was waiting for the car in front of me to clear the dune and when I passed it there was no more cars on the other side. 😕 Great to have a radio guys, I just told them to wait and that was it, I found them shortly. Anyway, better to get lost for a few minutes rather than not wait for the car in front to cleat the path.

Dont know what happened with the second part of the convoy as I was faraway most of the time, hope everybody had good fun.
    When we reached the last big dune(forgot its name, not camel rock) we had a nice chat with thanseer, ahmad and the others. Thanseer told us that the drive was not a normal newbee drive, was a wee bit more difficult, a confirmation of my earlier impressions.
    Some of us didnt wait for the rest of the convoy to reach that last big dune and we left home, sorry I didnt get the chance to say good bye to everybody. I have the excuse of working tonight.

It was a good drive, learnt a bit more and looking forward to the next one.

February 8, 2013 at 1:16 pm #23039

Hi Mitch. As a learner, it was indeed challenging initially. With Khalil and Musbah right behind me ( Yeah I needed 2 experts ;-0) it was bit easier …Still, need to learn a lot from the seniors. I had to stay back with the rear convoy as a Patrol popped out and it was interesting to see Khalil & Musbah in action. Decided to stick with them to see how they handled such situations and trust me, it was informative. Thanks to one and all for the real fun time. Thanks DO.

February 8, 2013 at 2:00 pm #23040

Special Thanks to Thanseer, Khalil & Musbah for wonderful drive, whole of group was wonderful. My whole family enjoyed it. Good work guys. Sorry for Golden Path Finder fellow for quiting drive on mechanical grounds. Overall it was wonderful experience.

February 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm #23041

Wow! What a turn out for today’s early morning drive, nice one.

Great drive, a little more techincal than previous routes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. All the Marshals did a great job at trying to keep the group together with so many cars and many first timers. Winchman was not left out of the fun, he too was put to task a couple of times.

Great group, awesome weather, stunning scenery; it has got to be better than golf!

February 8, 2013 at 4:03 pm #23042
    quote DVG:

Wow! What a turn out for today’s early morning drive, nice one.

Great drive, a little more techincal than previous routes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. All the Marshals did a great job at trying to keep the group together with so many cars and many first timers. Winchman was not left out of the fun, he too was put to task a couple of times.

Great group, awesome weather, stunning scenery; it got to be better that golf!

David, you are right it’s way more exciting than golf…personal opinion of course 😀 Sounds as though you guys had fun, as did us lot in the afternoon 😀 😀

February 8, 2013 at 5:34 pm #23048

Hi all

It was a great morning to have 20+ cars ready for the adventure. Ahmad Bhai arrived early morning at the meeting point along with other Marshals; Thanseer Bhai and Khalil Bhai.
    It was a long convoy led by Thanseer while Khalil was the sweep marshal. In the middle we had Firoz as a sweep for the first 10+ cars and I was a sweep for the rest helping Khalil and doing my job under his command. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Ahmad Bhai briefed the drivers about the basics and what to do as well, what to avoid, emphasising on safe-drive techniques. He was a moderator and watching all drivers going down from Fosil rock to Maliha wadi. :thanks: Ahmad bhai for your help and guidance. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

At the beginning it was pace drive till we reached Maliha wadi from the Fosil Rock and on our way to Camel Rock, we encountered a few stuck and one of the cars had a mechanical problem (engine overheated) where we tried our best to cool down the engine but it turned to be impossible for the car to continue the drive. Ahmad Bhai thankfully guided the driver (sorry I forgot his name) to the exit point to make sure he is safe. ^:)^ ^:)^

I believe the new drivers enjoyed the drive and gained quite a good amount of experience in their long way. Still, there are more to learn and I advise you all to keep participating in future drives to gain more experience. We helped our club members with pleasure and we are all available to provide you with all the support and help till we see you all as senior Offroaders. :-BD
    We had one pop out and came to realise that some members, which I believe are new to our club, do not carry the basic off-roading tools with them. I strongly recommend that all members should carry the basic tools such as the Radio, Rope, Shackles, Air compressor, Jack, Jack base, deflating tool and branded pressure gauge.

I know that Thanseer bhai was not feeling well today although he made it and attended the drive and we all wish him a quick and fast recovery. :ymapplause: ^:)^

Thanks for Ahmad Bhai, Sir Thanseer, and very special :thanks: to our Marshal Khalil for his tremendous efforts in supporting the convoy during the trip. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thanks to Firoz and all other Offroaders.

See you all soon and best regards,

February 8, 2013 at 5:54 pm #23051

@-) Ahmad sb- I didnt knew it was u with us on the Wadi Maliha. Apologies for having missed u in my earlier post.Will take some time to realise who-is-who. Many thanks for keeping a keen watch on our( My worried ;-0 ) drive down to Wadi Mailha.
    Syed Musbah , alf Shukhraan for the winch and the crisp reporting .

February 8, 2013 at 5:57 pm #23052
    quote ksr226:

@-) Ahmad sb- I didnt knew it was u with us on the Wadi Maliha. Apologies for having missed u in my earlier post.Will take some time to realise who-is-who. Many thanks for keeping a keen watch on our( My worried ;-0 ) drive down to Wadi Mailha.
    Syed Musbah , alf Shukhraan for the winch and the crisp reporting .

You welcome and looking forward to seeing you again and again :drive:

February 8, 2013 at 7:43 pm #23055

Friday morning drive could’nt get better…massive convoy and some of our top guns from DO family were the highlights of the day…

Thanseer, thank you for a wonderful drive.

All fellow drivers – it was good fun driving with together.

See you soon

February 9, 2013 at 9:08 am #23060

Good Afternoon,
    First of all I would like to thank you all for this amazing trip,
    special thanx to the marshal Desert King and to Ahmad Pervez ..

It was a pleasure meeting and driving with your club ..
    see you soon on sands

February 9, 2013 at 3:13 pm #23066

Ah my thoughts, I dont think it would be sufficient to say that I had a big grin on my face the whole time I was driving. It couldnt have been more fun for newbie like me. The weather, the challenges, the company and ofcourse the different cars all doing so well.

For me the highlight remains the long climb down the hill where the rock was there and plus the final dune where all the cars stood on the crest. That was as good a photo op as ever.

Misbah your tips are appreciated, will keep my distance from the front car and try not to stop in between and keep you for from slowing down. Thanseer I am impressed by the nifty things you do on your Pajero and Khalil a great all round guy who is always around to help

It was a great morning drive and look forward to more

February 9, 2013 at 7:58 pm #23072

Hii..

It is my first trip with club DO..excellent track for learning with many alternative optional dunes small medium high on same route :p

Big Hug :ymhug: to the pop out recovery team.. Musbah & co passengers, khalil and sundhar.

Good lead by Pajero :ymapplause: where i still wonder 3L pagero could do magic in dunes in this way too .. 😮 shows 50% is car and 50% is on the hands of driver.

Firos, :thanks: for the guidelines, your co pilot done wonderful cutting :drive: on the dune where we met last . Rakesh done excellent drive on 5th position and excuse me for little gap kept behind.

Due to some different stucks at different places, we couldnt met at end point to say a trip end bye…

Catch you all again soon with more pleasure..

Many thanks all for the nice company..

February 10, 2013 at 11:09 am #23114

a few photos from me. thanks again everybody for the great morning drive.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.