09 May 2013 – Night Evaders (Night Drive)

• Author

09 May 2013 – Night Evaders

Meeting Place: Emarat Petrol Station on Sharjah Kalba Road
    Meeting Time: 09:30 PM
    Drive Starts: 09:45 PM
    Drive Ends: 01:00 AM on 10/05/13

Drive Type: Intermediate
    Terrain: Dunes, Bowls and Tracks

This drive will be fast paced on soft sand, very sharp dunes, long slopes and unexpected ditches in the darkness. I will try to keep the drive at an easy level, but some part of this terrain demands more and you can’t resist the enticement.

On a special note, while on the drive be stick with convoy discipline and stay on lead’s track as much as you can.

Most welcome for Senior Members and Marshalls.

Please carry enough water, rehydration drinks and food stuff for yourself and your passengers. We will have a dinner break in between so carry little more food stuff to share with others. Make sure your car is in good condition. Your car must be equipped with front and rear towing point and with the necessary Offroad Gear. Please wear closed Toe shoes.

Please read the following before you register:

Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading

Rules of the trip.

Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

Kindly register for the drive by clicking ‘Register for trip’ Button below this post.

May 6, 2013 at 1:56 am #26482

Sounds exciting Thanseer!!

May 6, 2013 at 4:44 am #26484

Hi Desert King, any plans for the BBQ?

May 7, 2013 at 6:13 am #26500

Let’s go night crawlers, it will be a fun drive!! 😀 😀

May 8, 2013 at 1:59 pm #26518

Meeting Place added in the First Post… 🙂 😮 :drive:

May 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm #26542

DRIVE REPORT :

Firstly I was so excited about the drive, as it was lead by Thanseer(Desert King) and as it says Fast pace night drive… :-ss :-ss

The convey was Thanseer(lead), my self , Amin and two of my BEST guyz in DO – GK / Ashok.. :ymhug: :ymhug: :thanks: for the wonderful company..

We started the drive approx 22:05hrs to fossil…camel…saddle…upto badayer… :drive: :drive: :drive:

Our lead marshal was always trying to keep the pace fast and non-stop, for which the convey also coped up with his pace…

There were hardly stucks, which were all self recovery… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Sply mine was in a bowl and for the same by the instructions from GK i was able to self recover from it.. :thanks: for the teachings GK…

The drive was completed @ 02:00hrs on badayer #:-s

Overall i would like to rate this drive ” SUPER LIKE ” and ” DIL MANGE MOREEE ” 😡

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Thanseer for a thrilled drive…the track and route choosen for the convey was just perfect for learners like me.. 😀

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: to Amin for your company… :ymhug:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: to my best guys GK & ASHOK for making our convey / drive complete.

May 11, 2013 at 7:31 am #26551

:thanks: to the great group of people on this drive who made it so much fun.

We started off by meeting up at the petrol station on the Sharjah – Kalba road, where we chit chatted for a few minutes, discussing lights of course :D, we then proceeded to Khatam, our deflation point and the start of our thrilling night ride.

After the positions were agreed, with Thanseer leading the pack, followed by Ashok, Wasi, myself and Kumar rounding off the convoy, we headed towards Fossil Rock, up the hill and more importantly, DOWN the other side :-ss

We then moved on to Camel Rock where we took a small break and spent a few minutes debating what that rock actually looks like, couldn’t see any camel features…

From Camel Rock we headed towards Saddle Point for our dinner break, where we sampled each other’s snacks and the view….oh wait, we couldn’t see anything :-w except for the bright lights in the distance and some weird triangular shaped flying object…… =:)

After our little dinner break, we then proceeded to Pink Rock for another small break and thinking that in a couple of hours, some of us would be back here in a few hours for the Newbee afternoon drive, our beds were beckoning but it was definitely no time to let our guards down as the the pace picked up and the dunes got higher and softer and the limited vision making things more challenging.

We finally made it to Big Red around 2am, inflated our tires and parted our ways.

:thanks: Thanseer for guiding us through a fun filled and thrilling ride and being literally our beacon of light
    :thanks: to Ashok who was our second lead and the one pacing us as Thanseer had from time to time to explore safer routes for us to take
    :thanks: to Wasi for your great company and great music as usual and for being in front of me allowing me to miss some of the pitfalls :))
    :thanks: to Kumar for keeping us in line and shining your lights in front of us

See you out there soon :-BD

May 12, 2013 at 6:15 pm #26571

:thanks: to all for attending this :drive: ….. Perfect Team :ymhug: makes a Perfect :drive: ….. :ymapplause: 🙂

The Team : Thanseer (at Lead), Ashok, Wasi, Amin and Kumar (at Sweep)

It was a wonderful drive 🙂 . Everybody reached at the meeting point before the time even Wasi could manage it… 😉 We headed towards the deflation point as planned and ventured into the darkness :ymdevil: of the desert at 10:00PM without any delay after the deflation. We managed to drive at a good pace and I was so happy 🙂 to see the team perfectly maneuvering their rigs.

The first assignment was crossing devils plunge in the darkness :ymdevil: . That was a nice view from down looking at the cars coming down in a row. We continued our venture towards camel rock where we started a little debate :-@ on this name :-\ . The view of camel rock at night is something different. It was so beautiful. After spending 15 – 20 minutes we continued our journey towards Saddle point and we reached the top of the saddle point after a thrilling drive without any incidents 🙂 . There we had near about one hour dinner break. As Amin said there we sampled 😡 each other’s snacks.

We continued our voyage in the darkness of the desert towards Pink Rock, a little bit faster pace drive, and spent some time to regain the energy to tackle the BIG challenge to reach the top of the BIG red. After some challenging and daring drive we reached the top of the BIG red at 02:00AM :yesss: . After reviewing the shape changes of the dunes at Big red we exit to opposite side of Badayer shop, inflated the tyres, said Good Morning to each other and start hunting for the bed. (-| i-)

Overall it was a wonderful company and nice drive. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

See you all for the next one….. :thanks:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.