29th drive. Im impressed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Given the unfortunate situation that resulted in a convoy of over 25 vehicles, i am impressed. The fact that there were no real issues sais a lot about dubai offroaders.

January 30, 2016 at 1:55 am #34848

and that was achieve even with the erratic behaviour of the white Land Rover.

23 of the 25 cars managed to be hold in their positions and maintain safe practices – many thanks to these drivers and the Marshals and deputies who were a little swamped with incidences at the end.

January 30, 2016 at 4:01 am #34849

This was my first drive with Dubai Offroaders and wanted to thank the group for your patience and support, the Marshals including Faheem, Sam and Sasha for your guidance, encouragement and getting me out of sticky situations. Thanks guys. Look forward to more drive with you’ll.

January 30, 2016 at 8:45 am #34850

For the first time got to do 2 levels of drive on the same event :drive: . Thrilling 40 minutes followed by couple of hours of relaxed drive… However enjoyed both the levels. Thanks to @joe.zeinoun, @chughtai for lead and all others for the support.

January 30, 2016 at 10:48 am #34851

Thanx Marshals for the nice drive !!! and after joe’s car got some issues we had to join Fahim’s group and we became as a train in the desert ๐Ÿ˜› !!! thanks all it was fun

January 30, 2016 at 2:12 pm #34853

It was definitely a great drive considering the number of cars around. Well done marshals ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hope nothing serious on Joe’s car and that we see him soon.

Looking forward for the next drive.

PS: I saw someone (sorry did not get the name ๐Ÿ™ ) taking a lot of pictures during the day. Would be nice to share them on the forum. Thanks.

January 30, 2016 at 3:01 pm #34854
    quote Akawel:

It was definitely a great drive considering the number of cars around. Well done marshals ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hope nothing serious on Joe’s car and that we see him soon.

Looking forward for the next drive.

PS: I saw someone (sorry did not get the name ๐Ÿ™ ) taking a lot of pictures during the day. Would be nice to share them on the forum. Thanks.

thankfully, nothing too serious on my car guys!
    just a bearing going bad on the alternator… had to exit early though just not to risk having the drive belt give out and lose power steering on those ridges!!
    however, all got repaired now, hoping to see u all on our upcoming drive ๐Ÿ™‚

peace

Anonymous
    January 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm #34857

It was an amazing drive yesterday. Advance convoy lead by Duncan. Unfortunately 40 mins into the drive i had to call it quits as my front differential didn’t want to let me enjoy more and decided to give up.
    Hope the rest of the convoy enjoyed the remaining drive.
    Sorry for the delay and change in track due to my car issues.
    Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
    Tc n have fun

January 31, 2016 at 11:25 am #34862

Duli hope your car will get well soon! Well done making it out from the desert with a broken diff.
    The rest of the drive was really nice. Duncan simply knows what he’s doing ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    January 31, 2016 at 11:45 am #34863

It was indeed an Excellent day following Duncan’s lead in an advanced drive.
    Fast pace dune cresting is so exciting.
    :drive:

Good drivers, small group and nice people , I like driving with you guys!
    ๐Ÿ˜ก

PS: Duli, good luck with the repair. Hopefully it will be covered by the warranty.

January 31, 2016 at 1:17 pm #34865

The intermediate group had a great drive as well. We were led by Ahmad for the first half of the trip. We climbed a variety of dunes and ridges and dipped into a few valleys and bowls. We entered an area where the sand had become quite soft mixed with technical dunes. This challenged everyone to maintain momentum on their ascents. We took a nice break at Iftar bowl where a few of the us enjoyed racing up. Please check out the DO FB page where Avi has posted some nice pics of our convoy in the bowl as he was high on the dune. For the last half of the trip Abdalla took the lead and led us on nice ridges. We finished next to the military camp. It was a great trip. Many thanks to Ahmad and Abdalla for a fantastic Friday!! :thanks: :thanks:

February 1, 2016 at 8:04 am #34871

Thank you very much guys , it was real fun driving with you all, hope to see you next drive!

Be Safe!

February 2, 2016 at 8:04 pm #34901

We had a passenger who made a lot of pictures. Once he’s back home ( travelling back to Europe end of this week), we’ll ask him to upload some of his pictures and we’ll share a link. Have just tried to add myself to the Facebook group, when that has worked, will share what he already posted on Facebook.

Anonymous
    February 4, 2016 at 9:42 pm #34927

Hey guys. Just wanted to request all members who were in Duncan’s convoy. If you have any of the pics or video that you took when i was stuck could you pls send it to me. Either on watsapp or by email on [email protected]

Would really appreciate if you could send it to me urgently as i am planning to go to the police tomorrow. Never thought the stuck was that bad but unfortunately need to get a police report as that stuck broke the differential and damaged many other parts below the car ๐Ÿ™ which i am still surprised about

February 7, 2016 at 4:21 am #34935

Sorry to hear that Duli. Hope all repairs go smoothly. If someone took a snap of the stuck please get in touch ASAP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.