4 wheel vehicle comparison

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Dear Rakesh,

I have owned a driven both Nissan Patrol 4800TVC & Fj Cruiser

Patrol 2002-2010, clocked 275,000 kms
    Pros
    – Stability
    – Road Presence
    – Reliability
    – very soft suspension
    – 7 seat’s
    Cons
    – Tip-tronic gear box, doesnt let you down-shift at high revs
    – Horrendous fuel economy ie 3.5-4.0 kms/ltr
    – lacks power when compared the Fj
    – Bulky & whale like

FJ Cruiser 2009-2013, currently clocked 170,000kms
    Pros
    – Reliable
    – Fuel Economy ie 7.0-7.5 kms/ltr
    – Incredible power to weight ratio
    – Electronic assistance for off-roading ie A-Trac, Diff-lock, etc etc
    Cons
    – Poor interior & not much in term of luxury
    – Not ideal for for more than 2 passengers
    – Visibility & Instability

Synopsis-
    I love both vehicles dearly and hard to choose between either.
    I dont have a family so the impracticality of the rear doors doesn’t bother me
    I Drive around 5000KMS monthly so Fuel Economy is critical

Like most people say this debate can go on endlessly

Good Luck !!!!

:thanks:

April 10, 2013 at 12:33 pm #25635

owner of Patrol & previous Jeep wrangler,

Loved the Jeep but expensive to maintain

now in love with the patrol in terms of power & comfort, reliability

Jeep lacks comfort & reliability but lots of power under the hood.

To tame the powerhouse (Batrol) need skills & patience

Jeep are wild beast can take u anywhere even to a scrapyard to dispose :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

offroading is an expensive hobby and needs lots of care & money ๐Ÿ˜ก to your 4×4’s, enjoy it till it last, dispose & go for another instead of killing the :ymdevil: /bug inside you. :p

April 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm #25636
    quote Khalil_mtl:

๐Ÿ™‚ I Like this subject that will never end. You’ve just opened a Pandora box and you’ll never get the same answer from any one, no matter the offroad experience, simply because everyone is different and the needs are different, expectations are also different.
    Nonetheless, the car is the 25% the remaining is who is driving it + tires.

Have a good hunting

AS an FJC owner, it’s a good stock car , we’ve driven ours out of the showroom straight into the sand 15k since December, 90% going to from or in the sand. Good power, a little heavy on the fuel 5kms per lts, we are only 2, so passenger thing not a problem but when we do carry folks the comfort is good but the vis is crap. If you use the vehicle offroad a lot (any vehicle ) it’ll get hammered. I’m on my second bumper already, I’ve raised the seat, so has Zarir and a few others, we’ve put oversize bump stops in, changed the headlamps etc, small mods, but my full 100% belief is in the last words of Khalil’s comments above.

Checkout Ganesh… checkout Thanseer they are amazing with their rides, even Shabeers little Vitara flies., Gerry has a Patrol(new style) and an FJC I’d be leery of Jeeps, every one I see seems to stop and open the hood, must be a Jeepers thing …go japanese be cheaper on the pocket in the long run
    Good luck

April 10, 2013 at 1:02 pm #25638

Information overload :)) !

Astute observation Bryan… it’s an opinion I’ve shared from the beginning, it’s all about the driver.

The Pajero I’ve had now for almost 8 years and I’ve always been very quick to defend its capabilities. Again, since its been some time now, I was thinking that a change might be in order! Thus the fact seeking mission…

April 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm #25700

Now you have to buy 1 4×4, If you buy FJ, Then Batrollers will ask you why…But if you Buy Batrol the FJ’ers will not question you as everyone dare to cross a Batrol even in the Zeebra Crossings or small 1 line road in suburbs =)) =)) =))

April 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm #25706
    quote DAVID:

Now you have to buy 1 4×4, If you buy FJ, Then Batrollers will ask you why…But if you Buy Batrol the FJ’ers will not question you =)) =)) =))

Very interesting David, In Australia I drove a Patrol right up the cape york peninsula for 4 weeks, it’s quite a large land mass. However I never became attached to it in the same way I’ve become attached to the FJ. …ummm the FJ for all it’s attributes and faults …is a Funky looking bird with a great sound system right out of the box !! The Patrol has a lot more power available

David I was in Autoplus this afternoon and the guy Anand wanted to know why your 2nd light wasn’t working, he seemed concerned for you, so I gave him your gsm number, he might call you to check all is OK …he might not ๐Ÿ˜€

April 12, 2013 at 5:10 pm #25726

He didn’t… Think that its burnt out within few hours after installation….I need to replace the bulb only…

September 22, 2013 at 1:24 pm #27367

Guys, what do u think about Hummer H3?

September 23, 2013 at 3:27 am #27370
    quote Cesar Crusat:

Guys, what do u think about Hummer H3?

Hummer had a lot of marketing working for it…all those Hollywood movies et al, but that was a H1 which was a completely different beast compared to the H3, which essentially has the same engine as a Jeep Cherokee Liberty!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Do’nt you think there might be a few valid reasons why the Hummer went out of production??? Initially the Chinese evinced some interest in buying Hummer out but they too eventually backed out!!! So that we do not even have a Made in China Hummer.

You must have gone through this thread…the best options still remain…the Land Cruiser, The FJ Cruiser or the Patrol…unless you are looking for a budget car when you can opt for an older Jeep Wrangler.

September 23, 2013 at 3:52 am #27371

The hummer is great if you like getting stuck ๐Ÿ˜€

As Ahmad says above, the best vehicles are covered here in this thread.

If your buying new I would also recommend the new Jeep Wrangler 2013/14 with the Pentastar engine. But then I am biased.

September 23, 2013 at 10:50 am #27373

what about FORTUNER 4.0L, is also good in offroading and height better then FJ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜•

September 23, 2013 at 11:39 am #27374

I’m voting for the FJ ๐Ÿ˜€

Good car for everyday use and awesome in the sand :-BD :-BD

September 23, 2013 at 12:24 pm #27376
    quote slatch:

what about FORTUNER 4.0L, is also good in offroading and height better then FJ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜•

That is right Fortuner is also a good vehicle, the only drawback being that fortuner is built on a Hilux chassis…which being a pickup is designed for strength rather than handling.
    Prado is a great vehicle that way…but is not as stable as the aforementioned vehicles.

September 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm #27377
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote slatch:

That is right Fortuner is also a good vehicle, the only drawback being that fortuner is built on a Hilux chassis…which being a pickup is designed for strength rather than handling.
    Prado is a great vehicle that way…but is not as stable as the aforementioned vehicles.

๐Ÿ™‚ but Sir I love my darling and never dis point me in desert even i have 2.7L :drive:

September 30, 2013 at 8:56 am #27439

You should also remember that the Wrangler is probably the easiest to accessorise, and you can take off the entire roof! :drive: :ymapplause: :-B

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.